Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,114 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) (17294 Views)

The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch / Photos Of Oba Elegushi, Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Land / Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by edeXede: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
macof:

Well in fairness to the OP, Odùduwà had numerous sons
Not all became popular kings
I dont know where you get your facts but historically,he had only one biological son. Except of course he adopted some. That seems plausible
Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by mapet: 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Otumokpo go dey this one body oo shocked

O re e .......
Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by delpee(f): 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
Interesting story. Some Yoruba towns have similar stories of dispersion due to wars. The Owus originally from Oyo are found in Ogun Osun and Kwara states now. Also Offa (Kwara), Ofatedo (Osun),Iloffa (Kwara),Iyana Ofa Ofa(Oyo) are all Offa people whose origin is Oyo.

The Olukunmis are known to be a link between Yorubas and Igbos based on migration. It’s good to learn about our history. We’re all more related than we think!

1 Like

Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by Olu317(m): 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
AreaFada2:

My brother, the desperation of every Yoruba monarch to claim direct descent from Oduduwa is really frightening. It's an attempt to claim legitimacy.

Oduduwa was never the biological forebear of all Yoruba or all Yoruba monarchs. Simply impossible.

What began as a political move to unite Yoruba people under one forebear has been taken to another level of comedy.

So Akanbi is not the branch of Oduwa that produced the main (7 or so) Yoruba kings?

After Oduyale, who will suddenly come out of the Wood works, Odumosu? grin cheesy
Sir, are you the Master historian that know Yoruba kingly lineage? Kaarè

1 Like

Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by macof(m): 2:49am On Aug 13, 2019
edeXede:

I dont know where you get your facts but historically,he had only one biological son. Except of course he adopted some. That seems plausible

I can mention a few biological sons of Odudua
Ogboroganlada, Ogun, Sopasan, Owa Ooye, Ajibogun
There are more but these ones are sure and are just the popular kings... There is also Obadio in Ife who people outside ife don't know his importance

You can read "history of yorubaland" by Gbade Aladeojebi and Kingdoms of the Yoruba by Robert S. Smith for a brief overview of the foundation of many Yoruba towns and cities.

The idea that Odudua had only one son is outdated and not propagated by any historian today as it has been long revealed to be false.

2 Likes

Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by AreaFada2: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2019
Olu317:
Sir, are you the Master historian that know Yoruba kingly lineage? Kaarè

Lol, I am not sir. But the different stories that emanate from it bring up questions begging for answers.
Re: The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) by Olu317(m): 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
AreaFada2:

Lol, I am not sir. But the different stories that emanate from it bring up questions begging for answers.
It is natural that people can either be truthful or filled with lies. As far as we are concerned anyone can be related to Odua and being related to the man doesn't necessarily mean direct son. The bottomline is that any authentic relationship will naturally be through matrilineal or patrilineal connection to be directly linked to Odua dynasty. Mind you,Yoruba have multiple twin birth. In fact, there are quantifiable twins in my family lineage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ekemejewan Sideso's 10th Coronation Anniversary As The Ovie Of Uvwie / Igede Names And Their Meaning / Games You Played As A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.