Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop (40079 Views)

Suspected Thief Found Dead Under Vehicle At Ogun Mechanic Workshop / Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa / Man Sentenced To Death Attempts Suicide At Benin High Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Innomach(m): 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
Transportation business in Lagos can be so frustrating.
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by oluomoyewa2023: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
may God safe us in this country
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Skmoda360(m): 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Damod88:

Nigga get off my mention if you don't have something reasonable to say. Do you think we have the same will to withstand tough situations but come to think of it .....I'm doing pretty fine and I ain't suffering so get lost and look for who to fist with....I'm on another level ok. grin

Why did'nt you commit suicide since you are part of those going through suffering? What are u going through now that you have not gone through before?
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Skmoda360(m): 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Damod88:

Nigga get off my mention if you don't have something reasonable to say. Do you think we have the same will to withstand tough situations but come to think of it .....I'm doing pretty fine and I ain't suffering so get lost and look for who to fist with....I'm on another level ok. grin

Why did'nt you commit suicide since you are part of those going through suffering? What are u going through now that you have not gone through before?
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Litmus: 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Nigeria is a safe, happy Nation. I say this because it seems as if every negative incident that happens in Nigeria is automatically published online. And if one were to sum up all these negative occurrences they don’t amount to much relatively. In addition, majority of these incidents put online are everyday human misery that elsewhere in the world wouldn’t see light of media since in those Nations far worst make news. I’ll give an example. One day a maniac in a train station in denmartk hill, Camberwell, in London beheaded a woman. The local rag called South London Press covered the incident. The article horrified me especially since I lived locally at the time and beheading is such a major horror. I waited in anticipation for a fuller story of what happened in main news but nothing. No mention in the six o’clock news or any other news channel. I soon learned that scores of heinous incidents of murder, deaths and horrors occur regularly in London and the rest of the country that never make prime news, either TV or national news papers. Below is the Total number of murders in the United States in 2017. If these murders took place in Nigeria, Nigeria Social Media space would feature every one online and everywhere on the internet.

California 1800, Texas 1412; Florida 1057; Illinois 997; Pennsylvania 739; 0hio 710; Georgia 203; Missouri600; North California 591; Lousinana 582
Michigan 569; New York 548; Maryland 546; Tennessee 527, Virginia 453; Arizona 416; Alabama 404; Indiana 397; South Carolina 390; New Jersey 324; Nevada 274; Kentucky 263; Arkansas 258; Mississippi 245; Oklahoma 242; Washington 230; Colorado221; Wisconsin 186; Masachusettes173; Kansa160; New Mexico 148; District of Colombia 116; Minnesota 113; Origon104;iowa104;Conecticut102; West Virginia 85;Utah 73; Alaska 62; Dalaware54; Nebraska43; Montana41;Hawaii 39; Idaho 32; South Dakota 25; Maine 25; Rohd Island 20; Wyoming 15; Vermont14; North Dakota 10
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by uuzba(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Emmanuel226:
wat is dis country turning into ithought dey had banned dis snipper of a tin grin
For somebody to think about or attempt suicide, is already a bad thing.
It's not a matter of sniper or no sniper. The person will always find another thing to commit the suicide.
People need help. Too much loneliness, no goals, no direction, no counselling.
And they just go about swallowing and supressing pains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by uuzba(m): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
Innomach:
Transportation business in Lagos can be so frustrating.
There's nothing that is not frustrating. You just have to pray everyday and maintain a positive mindset.

People will think running to America is the solution. Those ones can just carry gun and shoot each other any moment.
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by dafeoroyo: 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
Not Ladylack but ladi-lak,OP take note
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Elliot2(m): 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Did you know that you are not the only one depressed in life? After Monday and Tuesday,even the calendar goes WTF. But,it has to endure till Saturday and Sunday. I am depressed but I won't give up.
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Acrossthebridge: 12:04am On Aug 13, 2019
I'm so depressed right now I don't have enough to feed my family and I'm thinking of ending my life please someone help me cause I'm out of option may God have mercy on my soul
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by danvon(m): 2:33am On Aug 13, 2019
IamPatriotic:
I thought Buhari had banned sniper, where did the man get it from.

grin Sniper is not banned I bought one last three weeks ₦500 so easy
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Mummymahdi(f): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2019
akinade28:
This is the second suicide news today
This is disheartening
Once you are depressed and having suicidal thoughts please seek help and talk to others about it.
Whatever it is you are going through "suicide isn't the solution". You will only cause sorrow for your loved ones
No matter how grievous you offence is talking about it to the right set of people will relieve you. If you are too ashamed to tell the people around you or you can't trust them with your information. Then look for someone else that can be trusted. We have religious leaders, professional psychologist or counsellors or you can choose to talk to an anonymous person online.
Don't die in silence, hence adding sorrow upon sorrow.
Let us watch out for people around us as well especially introverts. They wouldn't tell you their problems except you ask or they can trust you with such information.

This is so true.
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Emmanuel226(m): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2019
uuzba:

For somebody to think about or attempt suicide, is already a bad thing.
It's not a matter of sniper or no sniper. The person will always find another thing to commit the suicide.
People need help. Too much loneliness, no goals, no direction, no counselling.
And they just go about swallowing and supressing pains.
#True talk
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by okomile(f): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2019
IamPatriotic:

Sniper is still in the market.

Nigerians will find a way to make money grin grin grin
Nothing concern businessman, he goods must be sold. It's not his wahala what his goods are used for.

Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Promisechi79(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2019
To everyone still contemplating suicide "We need you guys to stay. Please stay" i no fit jus imagine only me for this naija
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Printerscanner: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2019
IamPatriotic:

Igbo chemist owners won't stop selling Sniper and other banned substances
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Printerscanner: 9:14am On Aug 13, 2019
akinade28:
This is the second suicide news today
This is disheartening
Once you are depressed and having suicidal thoughts please seek help and talk to others about it.
Whatever it is you are going through "suicide isn't the solution". You will only cause sorrow for your loved ones
No matter how grievous you offence is talking about it to the right set of people will relieve you. If you are too ashamed to tell the people around you or you can't trust them with your information. Then look for someone else that can be trusted. We have religious leaders, professional psychologist or counsellors or you can choose to talk to an anonymous person online.
Don't die in silence, hence adding sorrow upon sorrow.
Let us watch out for people around us as well especially introverts. They wouldn't tell you their problems except you ask or they can trust you with such information.

Nigeria's population is too much. Anyone that wants to leave should be allowed to leave.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by Litmus: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Suicide statistics and trends for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

Key facts (2017)

In 2017 there were 6,213 suicides in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
https://www.samaritans.org/about-samaritans/research-policy/suicide-facts-and-figures/

No point arguing, if there were reliable statistics in Nigeria there’d be more suicide than Uk since the same argument would hold conversely. The reality we have to work with is that if it happens in Nigeria it will be online (even if it did not happen it is still put online) Someone kill snake- oya online; someone eat dog ngwanu, online! This makes me state that; overall, Nigeria is one of the safest places in the word. You have to believe these since so many are fanatically hunting for negative news for Blog clicks; for bad news sells; for bad news is a political weapon and bad news is good for Separatists propaganda. Any incident that may be construed as negative happenings in Nigeria end up online unlike the rest of the world where only selective negative things are online.
Re: Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop by BRATISLAVA: 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...I'm...surprised...

Do they ever learn what "am" means? Am, am, am.

I'm disgusted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Human Trafficker, "Mama Gee" In Nasarawa, Rescue 6 Victims / 2 Kids Murdered In Their Mother's Kitchen In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos) / Buhari Having Breakfast With French And Nigerian CEOs At MEDEF (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.