Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun (62350 Views)

My First Time Seeing Elephants Fight. No Wonder They Say Grass Stuffers (Video) / Civet Killed In Ogun Bush In Osere Matogun / Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by realestniggah: 5:33am On Aug 13, 2019
Someone better rescue that or else I can see it inside pot already

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by itsme01: 5:37am On Aug 13, 2019
LazyGold:

So if you were the one in their shoe, you would have wait to greet the Elephant?

yes i would, and even ride it.. abi indians wey they ride them get two head? i thought ogun people get jazz

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Parada: 5:37am On Aug 13, 2019
Are you Igbo ?!

Baroba:
Highly endangered Forest Elephants, I doubt if this is Nigeria..
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by TheAviator: 5:37am On Aug 13, 2019
gentlekeny:
I pretty much doubt if it's in Nigeria cos the poster himself cannot even tell us where this happened.
Why don't you watch the video
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 13, 2019
Hitgistnaija:
Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush.

Cc

Watch Video: https://www.newsbroadcast.com.ng/2019/08/nigerians-left-in-awe-after-spotting.html

Cool. smiley I've heard about these creatures but I don't know what is being done to protect them from those bastard, ivory-crazed poachers. I heard there are about 200[elephants] or so in number in that area.
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Jidibia(m): 5:43am On Aug 13, 2019
LazyGold:

The headline clearly says Ogun state
Ok thanks. It was an oversight.
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by LazyGold(m): 5:44am On Aug 13, 2019
itsme01:

yes i would, and even ride it.. abi indians wey they ride them get two head? i thought ogun people get jazz

So Elephant is common in Nigeria like it is common in India?

And who told you Ogun people are all Juju men with Jazz?

Which kind of generalization is that?

You are not making sense

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by itsme01: 5:46am On Aug 13, 2019
LazyGold:

So Elephant is common in Nigeria like it is common in India?

And who told you Ogun people are all Juju men with Jazz?

Which kind of generalization is that?

You are not making sense

grin

oga calm down, i never said all ogun people have jazz., just throwing banters
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by TheAviator: 5:46am On Aug 13, 2019
YourNemesis:
It is true. For those who don’t believe it happened in Nigeria.
The Forests of Ogun and Ondo state are one of the few places left in all West Africa where elephants still exist and roam in the wild.

These are forest elephants, which were once thought to be the same with their savannah cousins on eastern and southern Africa. But upon further investigation and grnomic prifiling, have been found to be a different species with subtle differences.

Unfortunately, I am sad and very much frightened that they are now beung seen by everyday people- knowing the kind of country this is. cry
I cherish your knowledge with regards to this issue. I guess you are in the wildlife field. Please, what can you do or what strings can you pull to make sure these animals are preserved? These are endangered national treasure. We need to call government attention to the existence of these animals in our forest so that they can act to preserve them. I am apprehensive that now that the villagers have spotted those elephants, and are now aware that they have elephants in their neighborhood, some of the villagers will hunt them down and use them for meat.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by benpuzzy(m): 5:47am On Aug 13, 2019
itsme01:

its definately Nigeria, one guy even wore a red indomie promo shirt
are you trying to tell me that Benin Republic and Togo people don't eat INDOMIE?
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by itsme01: 5:53am On Aug 13, 2019
benpuzzy:
are you trying to tell me that Benin Republic and Togo people don't eat INDOMIE?

*The people spoke yoruba
*a dude wore an indomie shirt with english inscription and not french
*The headline reads Ogun people
*The people in the video clearly spoke Ogun dialect of yoruba and not that of togo or benin

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by spinna: 6:03am On Aug 13, 2019
Omo forest reserve. Indigenes know to stay away. Any hunter that kills one will b arrested. I have interviewed the conservationists there some years ago...
Me ma i was surprised that elephants still remain in Nigeria esp in South West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eidg8iTolrU

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by YourNemesis: 6:07am On Aug 13, 2019
itsme01:

Those are Asian Elephants, which are docile by nature.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:09am On Aug 13, 2019
Awol1:
They spotted the elephants where?
I guess in awe����since they said nigerians were left there ����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 13, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
I guess in awe����since they said nigerians were left there ����

Oh yeah, how did I not see that?

Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Mynd44: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2019
TheAviator:

I cherish your knowledge with regards to this issue. I guess you are in the wildlife field. Please, what can you do or what strings can you pull to make sure these animals are preserved? These are endangered national treasure. We need to call government attention to the existence of these animals in our forest so that they can act to preserve them. I am apprehensive that now that the villagers have spotted those elephants, and are now aware that they have elephants in their neighborhood, some of the villagers will hunt them down and use them for meat.

The entire area is reserved as an elephant sanctuary. Kill one and go to jail.

There was a time they came close to the expressway and Rangers were called in to guide them back to their homes.
The government know of their presence, they locals know and they are mostly left alone but once a while, they come close to human environments like the video. It was even obvious these locals don't see them often

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Awol1:

Oh yeah, how did I not see that?

Lol
go and sin no more.. I forgave u already. The awe was just 3 letters easy to ignore ������nonetheless we are there or rather we're left there ����
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 13, 2019
I used to think it's only oyinbo people who are this stupid with wild animals, now I know people are the same all over the world grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by femi4: 6:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Jidibia:

And probably Benin Republic or Togo
yoruba dialect not the normal yoruba
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by TheAviator: 6:31am On Aug 13, 2019
Mynd44:

The entire area is reserved as an elephant sanctuary. Kill one and go to jail.

There was a time they came close to the expressway and Rangers were called in to guide them back to their homes.
The government know of their presence, they locals know and they are mostly left alone but once a while, they come close to human environments like the video. It was even obvious these locals don't see them often

Nice. Happy to hear that government is aware of their presence and has a system in place for their protection

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2019
1shortblackboy:
What kind of half hazard report is this one. Where is d location mbok
no be small HALF HAZARD ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by caprini1: 6:44am On Aug 13, 2019
itsme01:

its definately Nigeria, one guy even wore a red indomie promo shirt
I dont know why people think we dont have these wild animals no more in Nigeria....the poor animals are scared stiff of their lives that they form colonies and hide away deep in the forest out of fear of been turned to food.

In the east where i cone from ,if you see the speed a python moves with when they site humans ehn! fast and furious drivers will be envious grin. we dont kill them in the 80,s when i was growing up ,infact its a beautiful site back then ,when we travel for Christmas holidays,as my grandmother holds them very close to us ,and truly they have never attacked us while we touch and play with them,but the influx of Ebonyi people to my place started the disappearances of python from my place. grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by itsme01: 6:49am On Aug 13, 2019
caprini1:
I dont know why people think we dont have these wild animals no more in Nigeria....the poor animals are scared stiff of their lives that they form colonies and hide away deep in the forest out of fear of been turned to food.

In the east where i cone from ,if you see the speed a python moves with when they site humans ehn! fast and furious drivers will be envious grin. we dont kill them in the 80,s when i was growing up but the influx of Ebonyi people to my place started the disappearances of python from my place. grin

this is the funniest stuff have read in a long while, i swear snakes are too scared of nigerians, i once saw one close to my walk path and upon seeing me the snake immediately jumped off and start crawling off real fast

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by TIDDOLL(m): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2019
[/b]Few Forest elephants left in Nigeria.
Living between Omo forest reserve(Ogun), Omo shasha forest reserve (Ondo) and Okomu national park (Edo).

Rare giants, sadly the government aren't doing enough to keep them safe.[b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Antony061(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2019
BlackfireX:
Is that not the police logo , roaming about or protesting.....

This country sef...
cheesy
BlackfireX:
Is that not the police logo , roaming about or protesting.....

This country sef...
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Cantonese: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2019
guuudy87:
And where is the bush??
The bush is called Ijebu Igbo!
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by Cantonese: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2019
1shortblackboy:
What kind of half hazard report is this one. Where is d location mbok

Not only half hazard. Na half time.

Sir please it is called "haphazard" and not half hazard.
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by senatepresido: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2019
blackmantis:
Those guys are just playing with death. You can't outrun an elephant, look how close they went.
sorry to ask, is elephant a dangerous animal, I thought they are herbivorous animals and don't feed on flesh, can they really run fast considering their size
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by kasali007(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2019
There is a forest in between Ogun and Ondo state, its called Omo forest reserve, you can take through J4,or take canoe from Ore, there is a community inside that reserve, Eleyele...I saw two Elephants there last year during a Survey. They are roaming around freely.
Fatherofdragons:

What location?
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by TIDDOLL(m): 7:06am On Aug 13, 2019
itsme01:

this is the funniest stuff have read in a long while, i swear snakes are too scared of nigerians, i once saw one close to my walk path and upon seeing me the snake immediately jumped off and start crawling off real fast

[/b]Lol, when a wild animal living in close proximity with humans spot any, it feels threatened due to history between the s, their first instinct is to flee. Whereas flight tendency is a natural habit in apparently all wild animals bar some apex predators.[b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by CsRockefeller(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2019
grin

Yoruba people are so dramatic, see as they begun to shout after the elephant turned.

grin
Re: Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun by WalkerMichael(m): 7:21am On Aug 13, 2019
Hahahhaha grin grin I swear this video is so so so funny.. See them local people... Look at that one tieing a rapper too. Did anyone hear that camera shutter sound too? grin grin "o tin bo oooh" all of them tear race. Funny people grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Grass Cutter Killed By My Neighbour Now / The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm / Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.