Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ (18244 Views)

Burns Boy Storms American Daily Show With His Mom (Photos) / How Trevor Noah Reacted While Watching The Nigeria Vs Argentina Game (photos) / Ramsey Noah The Face Of Blue Band Margarine At Age 8 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Otsam(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2019
Joshmodest:
Burnaboy is taking a nice step in the right direction !!
Artists like olamide have remained underrated in the music industry , cos they fail to go international , they're comfortable with being local !
Burnaboy is loved in Nigeria today because he's getting global attention , it's the same style of music he has being singing from day one , but now the love Is massive , cos he's being accepted globally !
After Wizkid, burna is Nigeria's next biggest export to the international market !

Yeah, that’s what he has be singing but now he has metamorphosed and adding a touch of maturity and when you have quality to deliver, people recognize it fast especially during the dearth of qualities. The ones you say they underage, I don’t think so, I believe people are just seeing them all in the same light since they all sleep towards d same direction “love, money and sex” so people will just rate their favorite amongst equals. But this guy is just smart and real, took on another direction and now reaping the results of his risk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Okuda(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2019
Mk12:

isn't there a saying that a prophet has no honor in his Homeland?

they were all overlooked because the media did not tell you to love burna then. I now see people playing songs from those album now that the media said it is okay to love him

you dont know what youbare saying. bye.
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by freemi(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2019
dayleke:

Thanks bro.
I no dey follow dis gist before na.
Na just the way everybody dey hail am na im make I ask o.

But it's like they never conclude the case sef or na im be say no jail time?
i swear! M sef no hear nthn again. No even sabi how e end
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Midas01: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2019
Rejoice with people so they can rejoice with you when it's your turn.
02Kebreal:
We have heard.
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Midas01: 8:16am On Aug 13, 2019
Trevor is the best. He is the first, second,
third, even all the way to the 10th. No other comes close.
SlamvipeR:
Trevo Noah is a South African .. Dude got mad jokes and good at mimicking people in his stand up comedy I don't know how he does it.. He is one of the best comedian in Africa right now after bovi
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Studyinchina200(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2019
The guy doesn’t know you.

Who are you by the way,Nairaland E-warrior or Gangster.
Mk12:
the kind of love burna is getting today show people don't really know what they want. same music ,same beat. nothing change except he is now more Popular and well recognized.
I have never been a fan of his music and won't pretend I love his music now
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Studyinchina200(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2019
He was misquoted.

Watch his interview with Ebro.
Mk12:

Nigerians are only loving me now because the whole world love me............burna boy.

going international and spending more on media marketing plus the recent awards won by him made you to notice him.

the media is shaping your opinion not change in burna boy songs
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by dayleke: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2019
freemi:
i swear! M sef no hear nthn again. No even sabi how e end

Hmmmm.....

Na Naija factor be that o...

Have a good day jare my brother.
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Mystiquefia: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2019
SlamvipeR:
Trevo Noah is a South African .. Dude got mad jokes and good at mimicking people in his stand up comedy I don't know how he does it.. He is one of the best comedian in Africa right now after bovi

Are u okay? How can you be comparing Trevor Noah to bovi? Hes not a new comedian my guy. Trevor Noah is the biggest African export comedian we have in the continent. He's more respected and recognized around the world. He rolls with American superstars And he's more talented than bovi. Even bovi with his pidgin English crappy jokes knows he can't witstand Trevor Noah jokewise. Trevors joke centers on Racism, politics, apartheid etc. Not warri warri warri

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Mystiquefia: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2019
Midas01:
Trevor is the best. He is the first, second,
third, even all the way to the 10th. No other comes close.

Don't mind that dude jare. I'm a Nigerian and I know it's a taboo and abomination to compare bovi or basketmouth to Trevor Noah. It's like comparing Nasty C to Erriga. Trevor is a genius in making jokes. He could mimick any accent and his jokes are not filthy. It's an insult to compare him to any Nigerian comedian

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by koning: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2019
ajl:

Bovi? How can you compare Trevor Noah and Bovi? They are not at same level irrespective of the fact that Trevor is better known internationally..

Why una dey fall my hand like dat!!. is it not obvious that the account may belong to Bovi, his publicist or someone directly connected to Bovi.
Many Naija comedians are better tahn Bovi, not to mention Trevor Noah.
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Mystiquefia: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2019
koning:

Why una dey fall my hand like dat!!. is it not obvious that the account may belong to Bovi, his publicist or someone directly connected to Bovi.
Many Naija comedians are better tahn Bovi, not to mention Trevor Noah.

I think he's actually saying Trevor is better. Mehn I had to log in to respond to one guy saying Trevor is next after bovi. LikeWTF
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2019
Studyinchina200:
The guy doesn’t know you.
Who are you by the way,Nairaland E-warrior or Gangster.
get away from my mention. idiot!
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by daniwise(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2019
Joshmodest:
Artists like olamide have remained underrated in the music industry , cos they fail to go international , they're comfortable with being local !
Burnaboy is loved in Nigeria today because he's getting global attention , it's the same style of music he has being singing from day one , but now the love Is massive , cos he's being accepted globally !
After Wizkid, burna is Nigeria's next biggest export to the international market !

Which wizkid
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Onyekachi419(f): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2019
drips8:
He keeps going places

Hope someday he appears on Ellen DeGeneres show

Trevor Noah is South African not African American
Her mother is from south Africa
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Kinginny(m): 10:14am On Aug 13, 2019
Oluwa burna up up u go
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by SlamvipeR(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2019
Mystiquefia:

Are u okay? How can you be comparing Trevor Noah to bovi? Hes not a new comedian my guy. Trevor Noah is the biggest African export comedian we have in the continent. He's more respected and recognized around the world. He rolls with American superstars And he's more talented than bovi. Even bovi with his pidgin English crappy jokes knows he can't witstand Trevor Noah jokewise. Trevors joke centers on Racism, politics, apartheid etc. Not warri warri warri

I get your point bruh but I am talking from my own perspective, personally I like bovi more that's all I'm saying don't know about others though
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Mystiquefia: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2019
Onyekachi419:

Her mother is from south Africa

Yeah but the dad is Swizz not American. U grab?
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Onyekachi419(f): 10:23am On Aug 13, 2019
Mystiquefia:

Yeah but the dad is Swizz not American. U grab?
Yea
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Mystiquefia: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2019
SlamvipeR:

I get your point bruh but I am talking from my own perspective, personally I like bovi more that's all I'm saying don't know about others though

Okay.. I just hope opinion is not saturated with sentiments. I'm warri breed btw and in as much as I would always want to support my own, I know raw talent iced with ingenuity when I see one

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Joshmodest(m): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2019
daniwise:

Which wizkid
The Wizkid that helped Drake to his first ever chart topper .
The Wizkid that is the only African artist on the top 500 most streamed artist on Spotify !
The Wizkid that featured on one of the most streamed song in the world with over almost 2 billion streams !!
The Wizkid that sold out O2 Arena of 20k capacity !
The Wizkid that beat Jay z , Kendrick Lamar , Cardi b and Migos, to win Mobo int'l act award !
The Wizkid who's last album debuted on the billboard hot 200 , peaking at #109 !
The Wizkid that featured on Beyonce's album and the song became the hit track off yhe album !
The Wizkid that had Joe budden American rapper talking about him , for minutes on his podcast !
The wizkid that has featured on more than 7 int'l albums in the last 2 years !
The Wizkid that has achieved what will take years for burna on any other Nigerian artist to achieve !!!
Do you want to know more ?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by SlamvipeR(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2019
Mystiquefia:

I get your point bruh but I am talking from my own perspective, personally I like bovi more(big fan)that's all I'm trying to say with that last line. did not mean it literally tho
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by chocboi78(m): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lionsbet:
I can't imagine Sean Tizzle beat this dude to win the next rated that year.

Now, look who's making wave?

Whats the use of winning the next rated award and then don't go on to be a big thing.

Don't come for me, I'm just saying my own. Afonja boys!
Sean tizzle really defeated burna?
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by chocboi78(m): 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mystiquefia:

Don't mind that dude jare. I'm a Nigerian and I know it's a taboo and abomination to compare bovi or basketmouth to Trevor Noah. It's like comparing Nasty C to Erriga. Trevor is a genius in making jokes. He could mimick any accent and his jokes are not filthy. It's an insult to compare him to any Nigerian comedian
comparing nasty c to erriga" grin grin grin
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by daniwise(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
Joshmodest:

The Wizkid that helped Drake to his first ever chart topper .
The Wizkid that is the only African artist on the top 500 most streamed artist on Spotify !
The Wizkid that featured on one of the most streamed song in the world with over almost 2 billion streams !!
The Wizkid that sold out O2 Arena of 20k capacity !
The Wizkid that beat Jay z , Kendrick Lamar , Cardi b and Migos, to win Mobo int'l act award !
The Wizkid who's last album debuted on the billboard hot 200 , peaking at #109 !
The Wizkid that featured on Beyonce's album and the song became the hit track off yhe album !
The Wizkid that had Joe budden American rapper talking about him , for minutes on his podcast !
The wizkid that has featured on more than 7 int'l albums in the last 2 years !
The Wizkid that has achieved what will take years for burna on any other Nigerian artist to achieve !!!
Do you want to know more ?

Story
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by leonard002(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
drips8:
He keeps going places

Hope someday he appears on Ellen DeGeneres show

Trevor Noah is South African not African American

Actually Trevor Noah is Swiss because his father is Swiss
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by shomutuski(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
Joshmodest:

Watch this space!!! Burna will surpass wizkid exploit......
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by handsomebanana(m): 12:07am On Aug 14, 2019
Mystiquefia:

The way you guys talk here is ridiculous. Trevor talks about his experience growing as a mixed race kid growing up in apartheid South Africa where even his existence was illegal compared to Bovi who never experienced any of that.

You don't expect Bovi to talk about racism and apartheid when he grew up in warri where the main goal is to hustle to put food on his plate.

So of course, the content of their jokes would be 100% different. And any one who listens to Bovi knows he does more than Warri Warri

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by Mystiquefia: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2019
handsomebanana:

The way you guys talk here is ridiculous. Trevor talks about his experience growing as a mixed race kid growing up in apartheid South Africa where even his existence was illegal compared to Bovi who never experienced any of that.

You don't expect Bovi to talk about racism and apartheid when he grew up in warri where the main goal is to hustle to put food on his plate.

So of course, the content of their jokes would be 100% different. And any one who listens to Bovi knows he does more than Warri Warri

Oshare i nor talk say bovi nor dey try oh. Infact he's one of the few commedians from warri I'm proud of. I was only only responding to one niqqa who said bovi is better than Trevor. In all honesty, I find that more absurd and ridiculous than you find my comments. Like someone earlier said, Trevor does stand up commedy shows for 2hrs straight up without any music interruption and what have you. I'm yet to see any Nigerian commedian who would attempt it without sounding dry at some point.
You can follow him on Instagram and see for yourself
Re: Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ by freemi(m): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
dayleke:

Hmmmm.....
Na Naija factor be that o...
Have a good day jare my brother.
too bad. Same 2u bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Insists On Not Slapping Kizz Daniel's Manager / Sholaye Jeremi Has No Social Media Account- Obafemi Ajayi, Media Aide / Meet Naira Marley's Four Children And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.