Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents (6870 Views)

Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents / Expect Heavy Security In Anambra Soon, Soludo Tells Residents / LAWMA Cleanup Akobi Crescent Surulere, Restores Normalcy, 24 Hours After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:58am On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
There are so many things camera recording systems will help to abolish,why can’t any Nigerian try this abroad,ordinary speed limit is being monitored,we have a very long way to go.
Now you have a point King!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Kingpee2(m): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2019
post=81205382:

Now you have a point King!
Where’s my barbecue?God bless your hustle ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by uuzba(m): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2019
post=81204819:
As a citizen, you can play the right role to control maximum pollution by following a starting from cleaning your home/room.
Charity begins at home.
Try not to throw away trash or waste materials almost anywhere in and around your street or while you are on the road.
Environment is a place where humans as well as plants and animals live.
It is necessary to keep our environment clean because we get fresh air, reduce pollution etc.
An unclean environment leads to a bad condition of a society, 

BUT,

Some Nigerians will never ever listen.
Some pigs are cleaner than some human beings here.

And these same sets of people will be the one shouting about the Government when flood come upon their territory!
After cleaning the home, where are they supposed to keep the trash?

Look there is no excuse for Lawma. People will always generate waste in any city. It is the duty of Lawma to clear it.
Or else you expect people to make bonfires and burn all their waste daily. The same you will then complain about smoke/pollution.

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
Where’s my barbecue?God bless your hustle ..
Amen Bro.
We got you always!
Your Barbecue is on the grill Chairman!

God bless you too.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Kingpee2(m): 7:03am On Aug 13, 2019
post=81205436:

Amen Bro.
We got you always!
Your Barbecue is on the grill Chairman!

God bless you too.
I’ll patronize you one of these days but let my taste your free service first ,like I said earlier God bless you ,your hardwork won’t be in vain..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by uuzba(m): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
There are so many things camera recording systems will help to abolish,why can’t any Nigerian try this abroad,ordinary speed limit is being monitored,we have a very long way to go.
Do you have any idea the amount of electricity that foreign countries produce?
I have heard that it is of the order of the entire Nigeria currently producing enough Electricity of ONE state in USA
CCTV works on Electricity and cable/data lines
It's not just a matter of hanging the unit on a pole. So much infrastructure is missing. Service/maintanance/IT
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
I’ll patronize you one of these days but let my taste your free service first ,like I said earlier God bless you ,your hardwork won’t be in vain..
Amen.
Amen.
Amen.
Appreciate.
We are a barbecue catering outfit presently.

God bless you and all you lay your hands on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by SaintLucia: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2019
I remembered WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE, throw any yeye thing or urinate for public place anyhow and smell pepper from the government but our naija people say the government policy too harsh. Ambode came and just scattered everything, the worst be say the yeye Ambode went ahead to cancelled the monthly environmental sanitation which automatically gave rise to how people dump their rubbish at every available place in Lagos. Once one person dump his/her waste on the street/roadside every other person will just follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by BigBashiru: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2019
post=81204821:

Friend, That still do not mean human should be behaving like pigs.
Is it until their is CCTV on every streets that people will learn how to keep their surrounding clean?

We should be talking about CCTV in the same sentence with breaking traffic laws, environmental disturbances and robbery, not about dumping refuse!

Nigeria our country!

You've said it all!

That's black man for you. The black man isn't civil and needs force before he can comply with anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by archat: 7:20am On Aug 13, 2019
9ja still remains 9ja,....,..............,.......,. �
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2019
BigBashiru:

That's black man for you. The black man isn't civil and needs force before he can comply with anything.
This is so true!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Orpe7(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2019
Come to Ibadan na big headache u go get
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Goovo(m): 8:06am On Aug 13, 2019
WeRblessed:
Blind government. At least provide them with different alternatives and see if they will not stop. I'm not in support of those dumping trash around.
this is the only sensible comment here.

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Bahddo(m): 8:08am On Aug 13, 2019
Cantonese:
Where should people dump their refuse? Under their beds? Or carry refuse on their heads everywhere they go? Is this organisation (Lawma) truly alive to its responsibilities? You charge people to collect refuse, yet you do not pick up. People pile bags on bags of refuse yet you fail to pick up. You ban kole kole, yet you fail to perform. What about your officials and trucks that pick up? They dump some of the refuse on the way.

Go to areas like Okokomaiko, Ajegunle, Apapa, Ajah, Lekki and see. They never pick up. The ogas come back from foreign trips to tell us how they met London, Tokyo, Newyork, etc very clean, yet the fail to clean their own state. Go to Igando dumpsite and see for yourself.

Please carry your failure in governance go one side. Do not blame the citizens. Blame yourselves for your corruption and fraud. You fought Ambode over refuse and we agreed. Now you have the heart to tell us not to dump refuse on the roads when you have failed. Please talk to yourselves.
sharrap and stop dumping refuse on the road, you pig angry

Put your refuse in your bag or pocket until you find a trash can to dump it. After all, there would be no trash if you didn't buy that corn or soft drink. You are responsible for how it is disposed. You are responsible for your own surroundings, not LAWMA, you!

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2019
PotatoSalad:
It's a shame though. I go out to jog at 5:30 am and I see these hardworking individuals sweeping the roadsides. Then coming back around 7:30, you'll see one fat idiot eating bread and Pepsi and next thing you'll hear is "Fiam kokokororororo" on the roadside and that's how they start littering the place.
That's why you'll see people pouring corn leaves into gutter while it's raining and blame the government when their houses get flooded.
Nigerians are dirty by default.
We need more than prayers to fix this nation
Na Strong Hand fit us for this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Bahddo(m): 8:13am On Aug 13, 2019
uuzba:

After cleaning the home, where are they supposed to keep the trash?

Look there is no excuse for Lawma. People will always generate waste in any city. It is the duty of Lawma to clear it.
Or else you expect people to make bonfires and burn all their waste daily. The same you will then complain about smoke/pollution.
they are not saying you should burn your own waste. They are saying stop the illegitimate dumping of waste on the road. Don't finish drinking pepsi and throw the can out of the window (onto the road) because your slave is going to go pick it up. They are saying don't dump trash in gutters.

Why is that difficult to understand?
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by 9jaRealist: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2019
I thought it was all Ambode’s fault...
And now that he’s been ousted the problem should have long ended. grin grin grin

Ambode brought in a multinational company with proven track record in several countries...
But the APC Landlord(s) saw PSP licenses as bribes for party apparatchiks, and sabotaged the CLI! SMH
>
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by davodyguy: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2019
post=81204819:
As a citizen, you can play the right role to control maximum pollution by following a starting from cleaning your home/room.
Charity begins at home.
Try not to throw away trash or waste materials almost anywhere in and around your street or while you are on the road.
Environment is a place where humans as well as plants and animals live.
It is necessary to keep our environment clean because we get fresh air, reduce pollution etc.
An unclean environment leads to a bad condition of a society, 

BUT,

Some Nigerians will never ever listen.
Some pigs are cleaner than some human beings here.

And these same sets of people will be the one shouting about the Government when flood come upon their territory!
I gave up on Nigerians long ago.

Governor Ambode fixed barriers on many highways to prevent the animals 'danfo bus' drivers from dropping off passengers on the way, there by causing traffic. The same people go at Night to remove those barriers.

How's that government's fault?

The same Nigerians disobey traffic lights when no traffic officers are in sight. Yet they cry when government disobey court orders.

We need mind revolution first, before street revolution.

Some Lazy staff get to work late, but complain that government is slow
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2019
Debaiz:
What sort of nonsense is this. Isn’t it supposed to be criminalized. How can a government be appealing to citizens. You’re there to ensure things work properly not to beg people to make things work. That’s why we have police FORCE and not police PERSUASION. This is the reason Nigerians don’t have regard for laws cos they know those at the elm will rather persuade them than enforce the law on them.

Install CCTV cameras to arrest and prosecute offenders.

If that is too expensive, enact a law that will make each resident to be responsible for his/her environment up to 50metres radius. Any environment found wanting, arrest all residents within the 50metres, charge them to court to be imprisoned with an option of fine or both. Let the fine range from 50k above. Imagine arresting 5residents for An infringement. That’s 250k generated. People will adjust and create a neighborhood watch by themselves.

Have a record of offenders. Repeat offenders will have their fines increased on every repeated offense till it gets to prison point with no option of fine. Offenders should not be able to enjoy some privileges like contesting elections etc. to be able to contest, they can have their record cleaned for a fee of up to 500k.

All these are means of generating IGR that can be used for meaningful things instead of this useless tactic of persuasion.
You sound like you are living in A cukoo land. grin You want to fine people who lives on less than $1 per day 500k?

And were exactly do you want them to dump their refuse? when there are no sites provided by the Government.

This is Nigeria we are talking about, you think Criminalising poor people will solve the problem? more intimidations and brutalisations will solve problems? you think?
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Debaiz: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2019
gypsey:
You sound like you are living in A cukoo land. grin You want to fine people who lives on less than $1 per day 500k?

And were exactly do you want them to dump their refuse? when there are no sites provided by the Government.

This is Nigeria we are talking about, you think Criminalising poor people will solve the problem? more intimidations and brutalisations will solve problems? you think?

This is the kind of mentality that is keeping us down.

So of everything I wrote up there it’s only 500k that you could see.

With people like you abound in this country we will never move forward.

When you’re ready to discuss the truth about my comment, you can mention me again. If not then Adieu.
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2019
Debaiz:

This is the kind of mentality that is keeping us down.

So of everything I wrote up there it’s only 500k that you could see.

With people like you abound in this country we will never move forward.

When you’re ready to discuss the truth about my comment, you can mention me again. If not then Adieu.
I think you would find that i wasn't even born in Nigeria Neither do i live in Nigeria.

I was speaking from the perspective of an individual who grew up in a stable Functioning Nation.

You want Nigerian Government to waste funds criminalising, Dishing out fines of 50k and locking up poor people who can not even Afford food. Every issues must be handled with heavy hands? how exactly would the culprits be Tracked? In Nigeria were there are no databases, social security numbers or fingerprints systems.

You carefully Avoided my quetsions on were do you expect them to dump their refuse if no sites are provided for refuse dumping.

Mate! i wouldn't want to indulge you further, It would be pointless. grin
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Cantonese: 11:19am On Aug 13, 2019
Bahddo:
sharrap and stop dumping refuse on the road, you pig angry

Put your refuse in your bag or pocket until you find a trash can to dump it. After all, there would be no trash if you didn't buy that corn or soft drink. You are responsible for how it is disposed. You are responsible for your own surroundings, not LAWMA, you!

Can’t you see that you are that pig and a very lousy fool. You talk about carrying your refuse in your bag and your pocket until you find a trash can to dump it. If you were well trained by those who were supposed to train you and if you received good home training you’ll not exhibit such level of ignorance and lack of proper culture.
It is people like you who carry refuse bags and faeces in their bags all around the place smelling and throwing them anywhere you find convenient.
We are talking about government showing character and responsibility and you are here getting insultive. Mad fellow.
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Validated: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
The government should first provide refuse bins across the state. Then be very prompt at clearing them. The abroad you talk about, every house has a bin which is wheeled out for the relevant agency to clear. Even if you put camera on people door and you do not provide them bin, they will still beat the system. First attend to the basics.
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Debaiz: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2019
gypsey:
I think you would find that i wasn't even born in Nigeria Neither do i live in Nigeria.

I was speaking from the perspective of an individual who grew up in a stable Functioning Nation.

You want Nigerian Government to waste funds criminalising, Dishing out fines of 50k and locking up poor people who can not even Afford food. Every issues must be handled with heavy hands? how exactly would the culprits be Tracked? In Nigeria were there are no databases, social security numbers or fingerprints systems.

You carefully Avoided my quetsions on were do you expect them to dump their refuse if no sites are provided for refuse dumping.

Mate! i wouldn't want to indulge you further, It would be pointless. grin

First I didn’t avoid your question I intentionally ignored it cos you were being selective with your reply but now that you’ve come with a straightforward comment then we can talk.

First LAWMA is the organization I charge of waste disposal and management in the state. There are lawma waste disposal drums all around lagos but you still see people dump refuse by the road side because they’re trying to avoid paying the tiny fee of maximum 4K per month(not because they can’t afford it but because they just want free things). Some dump the refuse on the road because they are too lazy to trek to the refuse dump drum. Apart from the drums, rolls of refuse disposal plastic bags are being sold for less than $2 and can last for several months.

Second the lie that people live on less than $1 per day is not applicable to Lagos state cos you just cannot survive with such ridiculous amount in lagos and still have trash to dispose. You’d rather be living on other people’s trash.

Third, the 50k fine is for the person who wants to avoid jail. Knowing Nigerians and our fear of jail people will pay the money and will never want to fall victim again. The bottom line is to avoid future occurrence. The fear of jail or being forced to pay 50k is the only thing that can set Nigerians straight if you know the kind of people we are.

The 500k is for any offender who wants to contest for elective post. For you to want to contest for elective post anywhere in nigeria, you must be ready to spend nothing less than 1million with no guarantees of winning. To contest in lagos for the least post, you’d have more than N2m. Anyone that can spend up to that should be able to afford clearing his/her dirtiness record for 500k.

Lastly the 50k mentioned is is not fixed and can be reduced but most importantly, it is to be levied on the houses and not 50k per each tenant. It will be contributed by all the tenants. Let them create a neighborhood watch to catch the offenders. If they don’t know it’s their responsibility to keep their surroundings clean then they should all contribute to pay for the fine. Any house with no tenant in lagos can conveniently afford 50k fine and even CCTV camera to exonerate themselves or catch offenders to avoid the 50k fine.
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by uchennaq(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
Tundemanias:
The Managing Director, Lagos Waste Management Authority, Dr Muyiwa Gbadegesin, has appealed to Lagos State residents to key into government’s Cleaner Lagos policy and desist from indiscriminate dumping of refuse by the roadsides.

This was as he said LAWMA had commenced bulk waste evacuation across the metropolis to rid the state of heaps of waste.

Gbadegesin, according to a statement on Monday, spoke at Apapa during the clearing of waste in the area by LAWMA.

He said, “We have to seize this opportunity of the Sallah break because traffic will be light today (Monday). We decided to come here to embark on a massive clean-up of this area. LAWMA workers are all over the place clearing the silt and accumulated waste.’’

Gbadegesin, who said the exercise was not limited to Apapa, added that his men were also in the Lagos West district, including Agege, Ikeja, Badagry, Ojo, Ifako-Ijaiye, clearing waste in the areas.

Bulk waste evacuation, with the use of mechanical process, is also going on around the Lagos State University and Okokomaiko.

Same activities are going at the East district, which has Lagos Island, Etti-Osa, Epe, and Mile 12 to Ikorodu.

Work is going on simultaneously in these three districts. The government is also planning to make the usage of covered receptacles for waste collection compulsory,’’ he said.

Gbadegesin appealed to Lagosians to embrace the culture of bagging their waste “as against loose waste which is unsightly.”

He added that efforts were ongoing to reposition the PSP operators for optimal service delivery, while LAWMA was also intensifying on public education on the handling of waste.

Read more here; https://maniagist.com/2019/08/13/stop-dumping-refuse-by-roadsides-lawma-tells-residents/

You guys are far from being serious, where are we going to dump it? On my head? Those years these LAWMA people use to come into our estate to collect trash but now we don't see them again. The reason why people dump it beside road side in Bin nylon is because of no other alternatives. Do you need a soothsayer to enlighten you on that?
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by kabuski(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Its about time.. Massive house to house, open street campaigns/rally for awareness is needed here.A lot of people need orientation on this. Imagine a typical Nigeria not believing that waste from the vehicle/streets can be taken home or properly disposed in d right manner than throwing it out through the window.We have seen people using the drains and canals as dump stes, shop owners sweeping directly into their front gutters.Homes, markets, streets,motor parks,bus stops etc are so filthy I mean the whole episode is appalling. Government should go tough on this. Appropriate laws should be made to sanction/prosecute defaulters.The only way we can come out of this!
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
Debaiz:

First I didn’t avoid your question I intentionally ignored it cos you were being selective with your reply but now that you’ve come with a straightforward comment then we can talk.

First LAWMA is the organization I charge of waste disposal and management in the state. There are lawma waste disposal drums all around lagos but you still see people dump refuse by the road side because they’re trying to avoid paying the tiny fee of maximum 4K per month(not because they can’t afford it but because they just want free things). Some dump the refuse on the road because they are too lazy to trek to the refuse dump drum. Apart from the drums, rolls of refuse disposal plastic bags are being sold for less than $2 and can last for several months.

Second the lie that people live on less than $1 per day is not applicable to Lagos state cos you just cannot survive with such ridiculous amount in lagos and still have trash to dispose. You’d rather be living on other people’s trash.

Third, the 50k fine is for the person who wants to avoid jail. Knowing Nigerians and our fear of jail people will pay the money and will never want to fall victim again. The bottom line is to avoid future occurrence. The fear of jail or being forced to pay 50k is the only thing that can set Nigerians straight if you know the kind of people we are.

The 500k is for any offender who wants to contest for elective post. For you to want to contest for elective post anywhere in nigeria, you must be ready to spend nothing less than 1million with no guarantees of winning. To contest in lagos for the least post, you’d have more than N2m. Anyone that can spend up to that should be able to afford clearing his/her dirtiness record for 500k.

Lastly the 50k mentioned is is not fixed and can be reduced but most importantly, it is to be levied on the houses and not 50k per each tenant. It will be contributed by all the tenants. Let them create a neighborhood watch to catch the offenders. If they don’t know it’s their responsibility to keep their surroundings clean then they should all contribute to pay for the fine. Any house with no tenant in lagos can conveniently afford 50k fine and even CCTV camera to exonerate themselves or catch offenders to avoid the 50k fine.
Well.. if you put like This, i have no choice but to Agree,You are correct. Atleast you have Elaborated further to my Comprehension.

Ciao! smiley
Re: Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents by Bahddo(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
Cantonese:

Can’t you see that you are that pig and a very lousy fool. You talk about carrying your refuse in your bag and your pocket until you find a trash can to dump it. If you were well trained by those who were supposed to train you and if you received good home training you’ll not exhibit such level of ignorance and lack of proper culture.
It is people like you who carry refuse bags and faeces in their bags all around the place smelling and throwing them anywhere you find convenient.
We are talking about government showing character and responsibility and you are here getting insultive. Mad fellow.
so throwing your gala wrap on the road or out of a vehicle after eating is cleaner than keeping it until you see a trash can you can toss it in?

We are talking about what you can do to make your environment cleaner and you are calling the government. Is it the government that tosses out plastic soft drink bottles into gutters?

Your case is even worse than I initially thought. You are littering the roads with your trash and littering Nairaland with your stupidity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

State House Press Release On President Buhari's Speech At TICAD7 / $9.6bn Judgment: P&ID Says No Negotiations, UK Legal Battle Resumes Today-punch / International Women's Day: Philanthropist Dr. Godwin Maduka Salutes Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.