Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,841 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

3 Options For Your Missing Teeth - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth (18115 Views)

Tooth Implant In Singapore: The Solution To Your Missing Teeth / Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options / 3 Options For Replacing A Lost Tooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2019
Authority1o1:
I was reading and laughing but still don't know why.maybe because the price of those. gizmos up there will be almost unaffordable for common peeps who are largely affected or because it may fall-off your buccal cavity when you want to let out a mirthful laughter.

A close friend went for a mouth wash and they told him 75k.continue. cool
It can be expensive. It depends on the location of the clinic.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Emotionss: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
uuzba:

Is it not the OP that knows everything?
I wear dentures on my front tooth. I lost the tooth when I was 4 years old and went through life with mates laughing at me for my open tooth.
Some time I went to UK, tried their dentist and that one was even so expensive, like £100 for the bridging thing. I couldn't afford. So just continued with my dentures.

Please how much did it (dentures ) cost you ?
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Emotionss: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Dentalgist:

Yes
But I usually advise my patients against it. You might end up destroying the tooth

Where do you base please ?
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by uuzba(m): 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please how much did it (dentures ) cost you ?
Nigerian dentures cost me N7000-N8000
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Emotionss: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
uuzba:

Nigerian dentures cost me N7000-N8000

Thanks man.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by BotafogoJunior(m): 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
What about crowns?
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

Yes
But I usually advise my patients against it. You might end up destroying the tooth

Thank you OP. I have a broken incisor. The damage happened since I was in secondary school, we were doing 'rough play' in our dormitory.

Many times the gum under the tooth gets infected and swells. It's usually very painful. Which procedure done you think is best for me stop this pain permanently?

Thanks.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
BucketMan:
All those our slayqueens wey no like to brush mouth...come in here and learn from this o smiley

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Bewiseedet(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
I want to replace my broken front teeth. It lowers my self esteem.

1 Like

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Thank you OP. I have a broken incisor. The damage happened since I was in secondary school, we were doing 'rough play' in our dormitory.

Many times the gum under the tooth gets infected and swells. It's usually very painful. Which procedure done you think is best for me stop this pain permanently?

Thanks.

The pulpal tissue has become necrosed over the years as a result of trauma. You will need to visit your dentist who will assess the tooth and determine the treatment plan: if it is grossly mobile, extraction might be the option; if it is a cyst, you may need a periapical surgery with Root Canal treatment. Please visit a nearby dental clinic for a proper assessment.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

The pulpal tissue has become necrosed over the years as a result of trauma. You will need to visit your dentist who will assess the tooth and determine the treatment plan: if it is grossly mobile, extraction might be the option; if it is a cyst, you may need a periapical surgery with Root Canal treatment. Please visit a nearby dental clinic for a proper assessment.

I can barely comprehend a sentence. cheesy Anyways, I'll try visit a dentist as you've recommended, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Good

WeChat funds available@ #50/¥
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Kingbenn(m): 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2019
Good Day, Please I Need Help Urgently, I'm A Finalist In A Federal Institution And I'm Having Issues With Completion Of My Project, Same With My Clearance. Any Amount Will Be Appreciated. 0131392091 gtb. I Know I Will Be Label Scam And Lazy Youth But I'm Not, Things Ain't Just Smiling For Now, I Teach As A Part Time Teacher While In School And Also Do Some Minor Jobs Too To Met Up With My Needs. This Is My First Time Of Doing This
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

I can barely comprehend a sentence. cheesy Anyways, I'll try visit a dentist as you've recommended, thanks for your time.
Sorry about that. Kindly visit a dentist for a comprehensive check

1 Like

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by WarriAproko: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

Sorry about that. Kindly visit a dentist for a comprehensive check
I have a front crack teeth. Can it be repair
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by WarriAproko: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
Need a reply. Pls
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by mildflame: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentist and Doomsdays information na 5 n 6
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by odave: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
Oh?

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
WarriAproko:
I have a front crack teeth. Can it be repair

Yes it can be repaired
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by 21sailor: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
Op please estimate the amount for fixing gap between teeth...please with ur experience just make an estimation for me I will attach a photo

1 Like

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
21sailor:
Op please estimate the amount for fixing gap between teeth...please with ur experience just make an estimation for me I will attach a photo
I can't make an estimate with the picture. There are different treatment options available. A dentist would have to assess you and determine the appropriate treatment.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by adanny01(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Thanks.

I broke my Upper left canine while opening a bottle of coke.

Some years later the tooth became temp sensitive and was filled. About 2 yrs + later the tooth started sensitivity and changed colour. I was told it was infected and was going to decay. The dentist advised and did a procedure called RCT. So far, the tooth is still good and no issues.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
adanny01:

I broke my Upper left canine while opening a bottle of coke.

Some years later the tooth became temp sensitive and was filled. About 2 yrs + later the tooth started sensitivity and changed colour. I was told it was infected and was going to decay. The dentist advised and did a procedure called RCT. So far, the tooth is still good and no issues.

RCT. I'll Google that up and talk to a dentist about it.

Thanks pal.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by jjbest123(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
@ Dentalgist,are you a practicing dental doctor?
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
jjbest123:
@ Dentalgist,are you a practicing dental doctor?
Yes

1 Like

Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by 21sailor: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

I can't make an estimate with the picture. There are different treatment options available. A dentist would have to assess you and determine the appropriate treatment.
okay.....i get u but don't be angry and don't mind me with 40k can I get any treatment? be it bonding veneer or other
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Dentalgist: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
21sailor:
okay.....i get u but don't be angry and don't mind me with 40k can I get any treatment? be it bonding veneer or other
Anger?
Not at all.
Sincerely yours, going by what I am seeing in that picture, veneer won't be the best option for you. There might also be some pre-existing issues that need to be taken care of before addressing the problem. So telling the exact price won't be a nice idea. Go to a nearby dental clinic to see a dentist
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by dauntless15(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

Anger?
Not at all.
Sincerely yours, going by what I am seeing in that picture, veneer won't be the best option for you. There might also be some pre-existing issues that need to be taken care of before addressing the problem. So telling the exact price won't be a nice idea. Go to a nearby dental clinic to see a dentist
Whats the cost for RCT, front tooth.
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by 21sailor: 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

Anger?
Not at all.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by WarriAproko: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dentalgist:

Yes it can be repaired
ok will it cost a lot. Cus d front tooth is half
Re: 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth by Austema(m): 1:32am On Aug 14, 2019
Dentalgist:
Why replace missing teeth?
Replacing missing teeth is important. Besides helping you to chew and speak clearly, teeth serve as placeholders. When one or more of those placeholders are missing, the surrounding teeth start to move. Eventually, you wind up with bite problems because your teeth no longer line up correctly.

Also, the gum tissue and bone beneath the gaps left by missing teeth will start to deteriorate, making the surrounding teeth weaker. This weakening can eventually lead to further tooth loss. Really, every tooth counts!

Options for single or multiple missing teeth
The best option for replacing your missing teeth depends on your budget, oral health, and personal choice. Depending on your circumstances, your dentist will likely recommend one of these three primary options to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth:

1. Implants: An artificial replacement root is placed in the jaw bone and capped with a porcelain crown.

2. Fixed bridges: A row of artificial teeth are held in place utilizing bonding or cementing to surrounding teeth.

3. Dentures: An entire arch of teeth, upper or lower, are replaced with a prosthetic embedded with replacement teeth.

Each of these options involves a very different dental process, treatment time, and cost. They are all designed to provide lasting, natural-looking results.

Implants

Advantages: Implants provide one of the best options for restoring functionality comfort, and aesthetics. Surrounding teeth are not altered during implant placement, so there is no need to damage any healthy teeth. Also, implants are known for outstanding durability, even lasting decades.

One critical advantage is that they help to prevent bone loss because they use a root replacement. Some dentists have the ability to create and place dental implants in a single visit to their office! Ask your dentist about this option.

Fixed bridges

Advantages: Dental implants require healthy and adequate bone tissue, so they are not right for everyone. A fixed bridge is another option, looking and functioning like natural teeth. Since the bridge is set permanently in place, it doesn’t need removing for cleaning, and you don’t need to worry about “slippage.” Also, if budget is a consideration, a fixed bridge costs less than dental Implants.

Dentures

Advantages: When all of the upper or lower teeth need replacing, dentures are certainly the least expensive option. They are removable for brushing and cleaning, and for repairs. Dentures made with modern materials look very natural and function just like your own teeth. Another option, available because of advanced technology, are implant-retained dentures or overdentures that are fixed permanently in place.

The choice is yours!
Each option restores your ability to eat what you want and to smile with confidence. You will need to consider which will fit in with your budget, schedule availability, and the state of your oral health. Talk to your dentist about which option would work best for your unique circumstances.

https://dentalgist.ng/3-options-for-your-missing-teeth

Good information, thank you sir, my own question is; is there any way the slacking or shaking teeth can be strengthened? the fronth teeth, again; I have stain on my teeth, is there any way I can get those hard stain removed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Epileptic Please Help / Mental Health: Doctor Ikenna Ihim Enlightens Americans On Anxiety / Bald Head , What Are The Natural Remedy:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.