Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,297 members, 7,957,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:14 PM

Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. (769 Views)

Nissan Infinti Q35 No Spark On One Bank After Engine Rebiuld / My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. / Naija used VW BORA for 450k(needs engine change) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. by toba1909(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
A neighbor 1999 Toyota Camry had it's engine change few days ago. But i notice that the gear when shifted to D position, being an automatic drive engage late and not the regular way it does before engine was changed. It was also noticed that the car won't reverse once the back is to reverse to a hilly or slide ground. Moreover the new engine brings out black smoke. What could be the cause of these things?

I use same model of car and have not noticed such on mine.

Siena, KunleA et al
Help pls the poor guy with your advices.
Re: Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. by GoldCircle: 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2010
Siena. . .where are you??

Help a bruv in need here,
Re: Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. by Denn(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2010
first advice, try changing the topic to make readers understand the main issue

to the issue raised, it is obvious improper installation of the engine can cause the problems raised for the transmission. torque converter, wiring etc should be checked. was enough ATF added after re-installation and hope its not the cheap N300 per bottle stuff that was dumped therein.

black smoke simply means there is a problem with the combustion, too much fuel is being burnt. causes are vast ranging from faulty MAF systems, Injector issues, intake bla bla bla, it could even be a simple connection issue. a vehicle diagnostics might be required.
Re: Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. by ikeyman00(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@

black smoke simply mean ur intake aint getting enoungh air which is the usual suspect

it could be otherwise as stated above!!

combustion wahala
Re: Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. by Rustlerpea: 10:25am On Oct 21, 2010
Thanks Ade,

I am very glad to see you've started a topic on my behalf. I will let the mechanic know the replies above, so as to cross-check the settings of the new engines and connections.

I also thank you all for your replies. More response shall be appreciated.
Re: Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. by Rustlerpea: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ Denn, Thanks for your input.

Siena, KunleA et al,
Your imputs are also needed on this issue.

(1) (Reply)

Hello House Make Unna Help Me Ooooo / 2000 Toyota Sienna Xle - Xtra Luxury Edition: / Honda Accord 2004 Model ( E.o.d) On Sales At A Give Away Price Of 1.720m Last:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.