Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,778 members, 7,862,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:13 PM

Don’t Make Moneybag My Successor -awujale Of Ijebu Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Don’t Make Moneybag My Successor -awujale Of Ijebu Land (446 Views)

Awujale At 90: Tinubu Confers GCON Award On Oba Sikiru Adetona / The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd / Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Make Moneybag My Successor -awujale Of Ijebu Land by sunky97: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
The Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland Ogun State on Tuesday told his subjects to “go for a capable successor” whenever he joins his ancestors.

He spoke when he received thousands of sons and daughters of Ijebu extraction in Ijebu – Ode at the 2019 Ojude Oba cultural festival/carnival.

The Octogenarian ascended the throne in 1960 at the age of 25, and hailed from the Anikinaiya Ruling family.

There are indications that the ruling House to produce the next Awujale when the stool becomes vacant is the Fusengbuwa Ruling House where the founder of the First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Otunba Subomi Balogun, is the Olori Ebi (Head).

Oba Adetona, the Ogbagba 11 and who is often referred to as Orisa Ijebu(god of Ijebu), urged his people to sustain the tempo by ensuring that the stool does not go to moneybags.

The revered monarch urged Ijebu sons and daughters to reject any candidate for the position of the Awujale that could set Ijebuland backward.
http://tellmystory.com.ng/story/dont-make-moneybag-my-successor--awujale

Re: Don’t Make Moneybag My Successor -awujale Of Ijebu Land by MetaPhysical: 2:06am On Aug 14, 2019
Kaabiyesi o!
K'Ade pe l'Ori
Ki Bata pe l'Ese Oba!!

See Kaabiyesi in his youth.

Who can tell what the bow and arrow held by that guy behind police officer is used for? grin

Re: Don’t Make Moneybag My Successor -awujale Of Ijebu Land by Kwamecron(m): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2019
Good for me

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Myth You Know That Are Associated With The 'ember' Month / Reactions Trials Cat With Eight Legs Spotted Mombasa / Aisan Opolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.