Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two (343 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Jim Iyke: “I Have Moved On From My Beef With Olisa Adibua” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by bingbagbo(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2019
The Bible is clear on the fact that, God created all things (Genesis Chapter one et al).

In the new testament, the Bible tells us Jesus Christ created all things for himself. This underscores the fact that, God as mentioned in the old is this same Jesus Christ who died and resurrected. Jehohah s witnesses blatantly deny this truth and have gone ahead to rewrite the scriptures just to suit their heresies. Their adultereted version of the true scriptures called the New world translation has ridiculously edited all verses emphasizing the supreme deity of the Lord Jesus Christ to make him an angel they call Michael. So to JWs, Jesus Christ is Angel Michael. By extension, an Angel died for our sins. That is ridiculous.

One verse in the Bible that highlights Jesus' Godship and the fact that He Jesus Christ created all things for himself is Collosians 1: 16 which states

Young's Literal Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (YLT) because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Wycliffe
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (WYC) For in him all things be made, in heavens and in earth, visible and invisible, either thrones, either dominations, either princehoods, either powers, all things be made of nought by him, and in him,

Weymouth New Testament
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (WNT) For in Him was created the universe of things in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, thrones, dominions, princedoms, powers--all were created, and exist through and for Him.

World English Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (WEB) For by him were all things created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and to him.

The Webster Bible

Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (WBT) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are upon earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Tyndale
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (TYN) For by him were all thynges created thynges that are in heven and thynges that are in erth: thynges visible and thynges invisible: whether they be maieste or lordshippe ether rule or power. All thinges are creatyd by hym and in him

Third Millennium Bible w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (TMBA) For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.
Third Millennium Bible

Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (TMB) For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.

SBL Greek New Testament
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (SBLG) ὅτι ἐν αὐτῷ ἐκτίσθη τὰ πάντα ἐν τοῖς οὐρανοῖς καὶ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς, τὰ ὁρατὰ καὶ τὰ ἀόρατα, εἴτε θρόνοι εἴτε κυριότητες εἴτε ἀρχαὶ εἴτε ἐξουσίαι · τὰ πάντα δι’ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰς αὐτὸν ἔκτισται ·
Revised Standard Version w/ Apocrypha

Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (RSVA) for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities--all things were created through him and for him.

Revised Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (RSV) for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities--all things were created through him and for him.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (RHE) For in him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by him and in him.

Orthodox Jewish Bible
Chapter Parallel
Kehillah in Colossae 1:16 (OJB) Because in Him were created all things in Shomayim and on Ha’Aretz, the visible and the nistar (hidden), whether thrones or dominions, whether rulers or authorities, all things through Him and for Him have been created. [TEHILLIM 33:6]

New Revised Standard w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NRSA) for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.

New Revised Standard
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NRS) for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.

New Living Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NLT) for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

New King James Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NKJV) For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

New International Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NIV) For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

New International Reader's Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NIRV) All things were created by him. He created everything in heaven and on earth. He created everything that can be seen and everything that can't be seen. He created kings, powers, rulers and authorities. Everything was created by him and for him.

New Century Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NCV) Through his power all things were made -- things in heaven and on earth, things seen and unseen, all powers, authorities, lords, and rulers. All things were made through Christ and for Christ.

New American Standard Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NAS) For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities -all things have been created through Him and for Him.

The Message Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (MSG) For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels - everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.

Lexham English Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (LEB) because all [things] in the heavens and on the earth were created by him, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers, all [things] were created through him and for him,

King James Version w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (KJVA) For by him were all things created , that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

King James Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (KJV) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Jubilee Bible 2000
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (JUB) for by him were all things created, that <em>are</em> in the heavens and that <em>are</em> in earth, visible and invisible, whether <em>they are</em> thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by him and in him;

Hebrew Names Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (HNV) For by him were all things created, in the heavens and on the eretz, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and to him.
Good News Translation w/ Apocrypha

Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (GNTA) For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him.

GOD'S WORD Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (GW) He created all things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible. Whether they are kings or lords, rulers or powers-- everything has been created through him and for him.

Good News Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (GNT) For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him.

English Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (ESV) For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him.

The Darby Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (DBY) because by him were created all things, the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or principalities, or authorities: all things have been created by him and for him.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (CSB) because by Him everything was created, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things have been created through Him and for Him.

The Complete Jewish Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (CJB) because in connection with him were created all things - in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, lordships, rulers or authorities - they have all been created through him and for him.

Common English Bible w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (CEBA) Because all things were created by him: both in the heavens and on the earth, the things that are visible and the things that are invisible. Whether they are thrones or powers, or rulers or authorities, all things were created through him and for him.

Common English Bible
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (CEB) Because all things were created by him: both in the heavens and on the earth, the things that are visible and the things that are invisible. Whether they are thrones or powers, or rulers or authorities, all things were created through him and for him.

The Bible in Basic English
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (BBE) For by him all things were made, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, authorities, lords, rulers, and powers; all things were made by him and for him;

Note the common phrase All things that runs through all the translations

Look at the JW translation of same Collosians 1: 16

because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,o whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 1

You see? All other things, why will they do that? Because they know if they maintain the original All things which runs through all the other translations, then this Jesus Christ is God .

I am sure in their future editions, they will even remove ..FOR HIM,

So the Universe is for the Lord Jesus Christ and you can't deny that.

Jesus Christ is God Almighty

Someone might say but why all this? Let them all grow together bla bla, it is up to the called to point out the truth the world. Many have been and still being deceived by cults such as the JWS , of course the scriptures foretold them.

1 Like

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Mikora: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2019
Jehovah witness is a cult. I have them in my family, no difference between them and a cult

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by bingbagbo(m): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2019
Mikora:
Jehovah witness is a cult. I have them in my family, no difference between them and a cult

Don't be silent bro, expose them, it is not a sin to expose wrongs, bro don't be deceived

Many are heading for eternal damnation because of these cults

I am a former JW for your information

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Naijazure: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2019
Don't mind them,

I'm just watching them run their race their way... Na dem headache
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Preciousgirl(f): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2019
Naijazure:
Don't mind them,

I'm just watching them run their race their way... Na dem headache

Jw liars

1 Like

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2019
Preciousgirl:

Jw liars
they are brain washed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Preciousgirl(f): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2019
solite3:
they are brain washed

No I think more than brainswashed

They are possessed with the arrogance with which they insist on their heresies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2019
Preciousgirl:

you maybe right some are very very arrogant but I have met some nice Jehovah witnesses, however under that niceness is someone that is lost.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Preciousgirl(f): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2019
solite3:

you maybe right some are very very arrogant but I have met some nice Jehovah witnesses, however under that niceness is someone that is lost.

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by bingbagbo(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2019
solite3:

Even the devil parades as an Angel of light

1 Like

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Janosky: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2019
Preciousgirl:

solite3:
they are brain washed

What an assemblage of Brain scrubbed bigots and lying Pharisees !

Bring on your MORE POO of LIES...
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Janosky: 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2019
bingbagbo:

@1)
The Bible is clear on the fact that, God created all things (Genesis Chapter one et al).

@2)

In the new testament, the Bible tells us Jesus Christ created all things for himself.

@3)

New Living Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (NLT) for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (GNTA) For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him.

Good News Translation
Chapter Parallel
Colossians 1:16 (GNT) For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him.

Note the common phrase All things that runs through all the translations

@4 )
Look at the JW translation of same Collosians 1: 16

because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,o whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him.

Shame on you bingbagbo satanic LIAR.

@2 Did Jesus Christ create his God and Father?

@3) Good News Translation , GNTA & New Living Translation were in accord with
@4) New World Translation.
"For through him (by means of him, Jesus) God created everything in heaven and on earth"

**$* NWT inserted "other" for emphasis,that Jesus Christ NEVER created his Father, Jehovah.

Shame on you satanic gbagbo Pharisee for lying that Jesus Christ is his Father Jehovah.
Anyone here who applauds your lies are just like you- lying Pharisees and Crooked Fraud.
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by bingbagbo(m): 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2019
Janosky:

Shame on you bingbagbo satanic LIAR.

@2 Did Jesus Christ create his God and Father?

@3) Good News Translation , GNTA & New Living Translation were in accord with
@4) New World Translation.
"For through him (by means of him, Jesus) God created everything in heaven and on earth"

**$* NWT inserted "other" for emphasis,that Jesus Christ NEVER created his Father, Jehovah.

Shame on you satanic gbagbo Pharisee for lying that Jesus Christ is his Father Jehovah.
Anyone here who applauds your lies are just like you- lying Pharisees and Crooked Fraud.

I understand your frustrations and resort to invectives as usual

The evidence is too overwhelming, In John 10:30 Jesus told you He and his father are one, in John 14:8-10 he again told you He is the father yet you don't believe because you are like your father the devil, the father of lies

All other things indeed, so what did your jehova create? Lol

1 Like

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Janosky: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2019
bingbagbo:

I am a former JW for your information

Oturugbeke !!!!!
The proverbial pig has gone back to wallow in the murky, vermin infested pond, like the dog that returned to feast on it's vomit.
ALU mere !!!!!
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by bingbagbo(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2019
Janosky:

Oturugbeke !!!!!
The proverbial pig has gone back to wallow in the murky, vermin infested pond, like the dog that returned to feast on it's vomit.
ALU mere !!!!!

Mr. All other things, lol, your God Jehovah didn't create anything, I weep for you, bloody liar

1 Like

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Janosky: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
bingbagbo:

I understand your frustrations and resort to invectives as usual

The evidence is too overwhelming, In John 10:30 Jesus told you He and his father are one, in John 14:8-10 he again told you He is the father yet you don't believe because you are like your father the devil, the father of lies

All other things indeed, so what did your jehova create? Lol

Lols......
You NEVER refute the truth countering your POO because your fraud is exposed , you look for other Poo to post to cover your LIES.

Bring on your MORE POO of LIES.

You're just twisting John 10:30. Go back to verse25 ," The works I am doing in my Father's name, these bear witness about me"

Jesus says he is working in his Father's name" , (John10:18)proof Jesus is in agreement with his Father's will , that's the point of John10:30.
Jesus says his Father and his disciples are one (John17:11,21).
Gbagbo Lying Pharisee.... lol
John14:8-10 is your LIE Jesus refuted again...
JESUS SPEAKS
"And whoever sees me, sees also the One who sent me" John12:44,45.

**" And the Father who sent me.... you have NEITHER heard his voice at any time nor seen his form" John5:37.

Gbagbo lying Pharisee with unique talent for twisting the holy Scriptures.
Shame on you..... Lol

Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by Janosky: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2019
bingbagbo:

Mr. All other things, lol, your God Jehovah didn't create anything, I weep for you, bloody liar

Gbagbo lying Pharisee, Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God, the first born of creation, "serving God his Father in heaven (Rev1:5,6).

Man and spirit creatures were created in the image of the invisible God, Jehovah.

Whose image does Jehovah have ?
None !
Gbagbo lying Pharisees no get sense.
Re: My Beef With Jehovah's Witnesses Part Two by bingbagbo(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2019
Janosky:

Gbagbo lying Pharisee, Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God, the first born of creation, "serving God his Father in heaven (Rev1:5,6).

Man and spirit creatures were created in the image of the invisible God, Jehovah.

Whose image does Jehovah have ?
None !
Gbagbo lying Pharisees no get sense.

Hebrews 1:6-12 deal with it

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
7 And of the angels He says:

“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”

8 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

10 And:

“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You remain;
And they will all grow old like a garment
;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them up,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not fail.”

Jesus Christ is God Almighty

You cant hide the truth

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit's Main Work / Screenshot: Jehovah's Happy Organization / Accrediting Answered Prayers To The God Of Your Pastor:right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.