Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Jesus Was Not Poor! To The Contrary He Was Rich. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Not Poor! To The Contrary He Was Rich. (693 Views)

The Contrary Pit Bulls Are Highly / Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. / You Are Robbing Me! JESUS SAYS To PASTORS That Ignore Xtian Poor To Their Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Not Poor! To The Contrary He Was Rich. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2010
I just sat through some preaching where the dude was talking bout how Jesus was poor so we dont have to be poor, citing the fact that he was born in a manger blah, blah, blah!!

Jesus was born i a manger because there wasnt a clinic avaliable then. It wasnt like we had "Grey Anatomy"-like clinics and hospitals in that time. Jesus was born in a Manger because Joseph didnt make a reservation in any hotel in bethlehem then, and it was a festive period so the hotels were all fully booked.

When Jesus was born, he was given gifts of GOLD, frankincence and Myrrh. I dont need to tell you the value of Gold. Frankincence and Myrrh were also expensive essential oils that could have been sold for a reasonable profit.

Jesus was also a Carpenter. So I'm sure he got paid for stuff. So where the heck is all this Jesus being poor coming from? angry
Re: Jesus Was Not Poor! To The Contrary He Was Rich. by HTownEve(f): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2010
This is the quote new generation preachers use in scamming/collecting money from their congregations while buying jets and expensive cars. cry cry cry
Re: Jesus Was Not Poor! To The Contrary He Was Rich. by 5solas(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2010
it comes from passages as this:

''You know how full of love and kindness our Lord Jesus was : though he was so very rich , yet to help you he became so very poor , so that by being poor he could make you rich .'' 2Cor. 8:9, TLB.
Re: Jesus Was Not Poor! To The Contrary He Was Rich. by icare1: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
JESUS IS NOT JOSEPH.

JESUS IS POOR IS DIFFERENT FROM JOSEPH IS RICH.

WHEN JESUS STARTED HIS MINISTRY AT 33 WAS HE RICH?

(1) (Reply)

Tudor Beware: / Bible Study Materials / Blessing In Paying Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.