Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. (882 Views)

Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified / Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. by adebayo201: 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
....loading

(double post)
Re: Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. by adebayo201: 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
Some people view Jesus as a poor man when they failed to properly examined and rightly divide the Word of God. Jesus on the contrary is seen as a Man whose needs were met and who regularly involved in meeting the needs of others.
Below are ten reasons why Jesus was not a poor man.

1. He was given gifts of Treasure
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.[/b]Matthew 2:11
If the wise men from the east can give Jesus gifts, it was recorded that the gift given to Jesus was not a cheap ones but they gave him best out of their treasures.

[b]2. He had ministry partners

And it came to pass afterward that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and showing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him, And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.[/b]Luke 8:1-3

From the scripture above, does it sound like Jesus and His Disciples were poor and lack anything financially No, because their needs were met through generosity of many partners who are faithful and they supported Jesus' ministry.

[b]3. He Had a place to call Home

Matt 4:12,13 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee; And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zebulun and Naphtali.

Mat 9:1 And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city.

rf: Mark 2:1; Luke 9:51-58

I do not think a poor man should be able to have different home in different city. It is not possible. Only a rich man can do that. So, i can say that with the above scriptural references, Jesus indeed have a home.

4. Gold Fishing

And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What think thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast a hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and [b]when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.[/b]Matt 17:24-27

rf; Matt 14:15-21; 15:32-39

Miraculously, Jesus meets his own need and the need of others to the extend of feeding people of four thousand men. This account shows that the resources available to meet every need were available to Jesus.
Re: Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. by adebayo201: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
5. He assisted the poor
John 13:27-29... For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.
obviously, buying of things and giving to the poor is not strange to the disciples, they must have been a occurrence to the extend that they thought about it. A person can not buy things to feast all the time or even give to the poor without having money.

6. Their Treasurer was a thief
John 12:6...As keeper of the money bag, he (Judas) used to help himself to what was put into it.
I believe a poor person cannot have a treasurer because it is not sensible for him to keep money when he does not have. Jesus and his disciples had enough funds that they put someone in charge of handling them. They have enough to the extend that the treasurer regularly embezzle money from the bag unless there was a continuous supply of money going into it.

7. He distinguished himself from the poor
John 12:8... you will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.
The point is that not once did Jesus identify Himself as one of the poor. He did not say, "There will always be poor like Me". Instead, He made a definite distinction between himself and the poor.

8. He used expensive perfume
John 12:1-8...why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It's worth a year's wages...
I do not think a poor man can afford to buy a perfume not to talk of being used on him, let alone a perfume that cost a year's wages. Jesus was not intimidated, uncomfortable or concerned about the value of the perfume used on Him. How could this be if He;s considered to be poor?

9. He wore Nice clothes
John 19:23,24... Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments...They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the Scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.
I do not think soldiers could cast lots on the cloth of a tattered and torn rags of a beggar or the shabby of a poor man. So, Jesus aint poor!

10. Who really is Jesus

John 1:3... All things were made by Him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Rev 21:10-12,18,19,21; Gen 14:19; Exo 9:29; Josh 3:11; Job 41:11; Psalm 24:1; 104:24; 50:10-12; Isaiah 66:1; Haggai 2:8; I Cor 10:26,28; Philip 2:6-11

In conclusion, I believe that these scriptural facts and many more are compelling proofs that Jesus was not poor, but was a prosperous man. Now, I am saying he lived a lavish or extravagant lifestyle- that was not practical for Him. But Jesus had His needs met during his life on earth, and He was able to do what God asked Him to do.

You can drop any questions, comments and observations for all to see. Shalom... wink smiley
Re: Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. by BERNIMOORE: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Does this support buying of dubious private jets where there are poor in the church? Or. Does Jesus receive or pay tithe? Does he fix percentage of money that should be paid to Church, common don't justify pure criminal extortion by greedy pastors with scriptural quotes be warned!
Re: Ten Scriptural Reasons Why Jesus Was Not Poor. by adebayo201: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2015
BERNIMOORE:
Does this support buying of dubious private jets where there are poor in the church? Or. Does Jesus receive or pay tithe? Does he fix percentage of money that should be paid to Church, common don't justify pure criminal extortion by greedy pastors with scriptural quotes be warned!

Have I said such
Bro, be spiritually guided please!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocking!!! Pastor And His 480 Church Members Converts To Islam (photos) / What Does The Bible Realy Say About Taking Of Alcohol / Divine Transformation 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.