Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) (32463 Views)

Bees "Arrest" Ugandan Thief With Help Of A Voodoo Priest (Graphic Pictures) / Thief With Hammer And Chisel Caught At A Shop In Anambra. See His Technique. / Female Thief With 50 Master Keys Caught And Beaten In Kaduna (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by GistMore3: 4:08am On Aug 15, 2019
A suspected thief has been set ablaze by a mob in Calabar South, Cross River State for snatching a bag.

An eye witness who spoke to Cross River Watch, said that the incident happened in the early hours of Wednesday August 14.

“Just this morning, he snatched hand bag from a woman who was going to her business along Utibe by New Airport. He was with jaz (charms, talisman) on his waist which prevented the people from beating him. He actually escaped into a moving Keke but the driver didn’t know he drove him to the next street, Usoro. Them burn am close to Utibe street by New Airport. The Keke man had to jump off the keke soon as he discovered that he is a thief, which give way to the street boys.” he said.

See the body of the deceased alleged thief below.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/suspected-thief-with-charms-tied-around-his-waist-set-ablaze-for-snatching-bag-in-calabar

2 Shares

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by emeijeh(m): 4:20am On Aug 15, 2019
Nigeria my country cry

2 Likes

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Oblitz(m): 4:21am On Aug 15, 2019
No to jungle justice.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Nwodosis(m): 4:28am On Aug 15, 2019
With all the armouries of charms and talismans, he left a better targets like CBN and chose to go for an ordinary handbag? Is this not foolishness on the side of juju and its followers?

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 15, 2019
The charm failed him when he needed it most.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by chiommy123(f): 6:26am On Aug 15, 2019
Wetin they go now do to those looting their future
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Chidexter(m): 6:59am On Aug 15, 2019
suffering has made everyone less emotional in this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Neddstark: 7:30am On Aug 15, 2019
Calabar and Akwa Ibom are wrong places to steal. Mob justice is instantly

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by hahn(m): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2019
Nigeria is arguably on the most religious countries in the world.

Despite serving "loving gods" we will not hesitate to burn people for stealing a bag whose content is probably not up to N100,000 but will hail political leaders when they are "blessed" by our religious leaders(imams and pastors)

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by tillaman(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2019
Chai!!
What’s with our nation and burning people alive!!
The ones that milk our economy with bullion van and pen/ paper, those who transfer govt properties to their kindreds, we still go ahead and choose them as our mentors!! We are mo’fuckinng hypocrites in Nigeria!
At least he didn’t kill anyone they could have beaten some sense into him then hand him over to the law keepers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by chinavs9ja(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2019
angry

I am a website designer...check my signature
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Maxxim: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2019
Insyd Lyf
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Grafico001: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2019
Wow
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by ednut1(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2019
Yet they say juju is real. Naso

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by grandlexuz(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2019
The roasting of humans by people who carry large Bibles on Sundays, dance in churches and shout "I receive" only goes to show the hypocrites we are as African Christians.

Eighteen years ago while returning home at around 8pm I heard a large shout of "thief , thief".. Apparently a pickpocket had snatched someone's purse in the dark of the hour taking advantage of no street light in the neighbourhood. People were running helter skelter. Not after the thief but to safety. Such miscreants often walked about with poisoned knives and anyone in their way was a candidate for blood spills.

Understandably I ran towards an area with lighting. When I got there and met a handful of people I decided to stop and take a rest. Panting and laughing in excitement at my run to safety.. Then suddenly one of the people around threw a " verbal bomb".. He said he had a feeling I was the thief. I explained I was in the path of the thief when the "thief thief" echoed and only ran to safety.. A few minutes later others joined him. It was a good residential area. A lady said the police should be called in, others said I should be beaten. Burning didn't look far off. Every explaination fell on deaf ears. What prevented an initial lynching was my composure, dressing and outlook. I was just 21 years old but the very responsible type on a first glance. Clean low cut, transparent glasses , good dress sense. That was what saved me. An elderly man looked at me carefully , listened to my explanation and asked me to go. Despite protest from the others I heard him say " That guy doesn't look , dress or talk like a pick pocket. He is worth the benefit of doubt. I learnt a very big lesson that day.
1) Our lives are in the hands of the creator..
2.) Dressing responsibly according to the norms would save you from prejudice.
3) Today I have three kids. Two sons.. I make sure their hair cut is low , uniform and clean with a responsible dress sense. It could come in handy someday..

Say no to jungle justice!!

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Bigseven(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2019
Jungle justice not the best, people with such negative behavior never learn lesson.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2019
Jungle of wild forests.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by don4real18(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2019
He should have gone to professor Neville in Hogwarts for charms that won't fail him.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by WalkerMichael(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2019
CRIME DON'T PAY but they should have only beaten the living daylight out of him before handing over to police instead of burning him to death. Mehn.

1 Like

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by tayo4ng(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2019
If only this kind of jungle justice can be apply to the higher criminals I mean our yam looters.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by sotall(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2019
So the charm couldn't help him undecided
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by NoRetreat(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2019
Suredeath!!! No medicine can shift your destiny.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by bighorlus(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2019
tillaman:
Chai!!
What’s with our nation and burning people alive!!
The ones that milk our economy with bullion van and pen/ paper, those who transfer govt properties to their kindreds, we still go ahead and choose them as our mentors!! We are mo’fuckinng hypocrites in Nigeria!
At least he didn’t kill anyone they could beaten some sense into him then hand him over to the law keepers

Useless mentality. Instead of channelling such anger into civilised protests against the real thieves, we would rather do justice on a petty thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by davillian(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
Lol
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by soberdrunk(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
Calabar people and 'bbq" sha...... angry
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by daddytime(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
If you are tired of life and wish to just end it all...forget about splurging out on a bottle of a sniper.

Just walk down to Cross River or Akwa Ibom, steal, make sure you get caught and you'll get your heart's desire without much of a stress.

Didn't mean to make light of genuinely depressed people who tow the suicide route though.
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by VIRGINlabia(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
Good charms doesn't fail.....but bad luck and ill luck are gift to some people no matter the amount of charm you adorn

1 Like

Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by helinues: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
grin

Grass burn bush
Re: Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic) by rawtouch: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
what of the charm..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayo Sina Babarinde: Photos Of RCCG Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Kwara State / "Wind Blew Cocaine Into My Handbag" - Florida Dancer Tells Police / Danish Husband’s Blood Matched Those Found On Zainab, Daughter– Forensic Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.