Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics (6630 Views)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by babapupa: 4:13am On Oct 23, 2010
If you really want to be moved and inspired, go to his website and watch the video from the commissioning.

The speech moved me no be small, he said as the chief of staff of the last administration, I visited Egypt to discuss the deal but nothing happened till he became the Governor and what was a dream became a reality in less than 3 years and nothing less than 100 Lagos are already working at the factory.

He boldly said this is the outcome of my trip to Egypt, this is what I did with your money. That struck a cord right away, it was nothing but straight accountability and a strong message to Lagsoians that he's not flying around needlessly or playing games with their money, the kind of honesty, accountability  and positive outcome you don't get from the average Nigerian politician.

Def' the kind of speech that inspires and make you wanna dedicate your own life to serve and do way way better than even Fashola himself. The guy is indeed a rare bread and def' not your typical Nigerian politician.

He of course finished the speech with Eko o ni baje while the crowd including market women yelled back  "O ba je ti"
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by olafolarin(m): 4:33am On Oct 23, 2010
yarodin:

So are you saying Tinubu was initially the one that jump started the projects? Why I am asking is because some people were saying Tinubu and some officials [/b]were mad that Fashola was doing alot of projects instead of putting money in their [b]pockets.

That emanated from PDP and their sympathetic 5th columnist.
Tinubu have been praising Fashola at every Opportunity likewise
Fashola have also been telling anyone who Cares to Listen that He got
the needed background Knowledge while working As Tinubu's CGS.

Fashola is à progressive technocrat who Sees the success in à project
only when it is completed.More Resources and Need to Be channeled into
Eko Atlantic and LFTZ so that both gigantic projects will Be concluded before the end of His 2nd Term.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by EzeCanada: 4:41am On Oct 23, 2010
Good job Fash,

May God continue to shower you with more wisdom and foresightedness to lead your people.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by seyibrown(f): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2010
Thumbs up!
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by myforumid3: 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2010
ABEG FASH TOO MUCH, E NOR BE LIKE THE USELESS GOVERNORS ALL OVER 9JA (ALMOST ALL PDP GOVS (EXCEPT CHIME OF ENUGU, IF NOT ALL),
ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO NA TO SIPHON FUNDS PUT FOR POCKET, FLY ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR JAMBOREE AND PAY MILLIONS TO MEDIA HOUSES TO PUBLISH THEIR DIRTY A.S.S AND FAKE PROJECTS ALL OVER THE PAPERS AND TV, i.e GOV. EMMANUEL UDUAGHAN OF OIL RICH DELTA STATE ON ALMOST EVERY VANGUARD NEWSPAPER RELEASE COMES TO MIND. (I PRAY HE ENDS UP LIKE HIS COUSIN---IBORI WHO WUD DIE MISERABLY IN UK JAIL). EVIL GOVS N PDP,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by kaion(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
See really let just give this man some credit, it's better we realize one thing not many governors are chopping money and at the same time doing something in their state, whether you like it or not me think Fashola is a sign of hope for Nigeria, though he may not be the ideal leader when compare to the likes of Awo's and Ziks of blessed memory but it a nice step in the right direction. (The only Governor so far that's thinking right compare to other Governors e.g the goat that calls himself Akala). God Bless Nigeria With Sensible Leaders.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by olafolarin(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/lagos-elswedy-electric-to-invest-n18bn-in-power-sector/

[size=8pt]
Lagos, Elswedy Electric to invest N18bn in power Sector
[/size]
Oct 25, 2010
By Daniel Alfred
Elswedy Electric Nigeria Limited, a joint venture firm between the Lagos State Government and an Egypt_based power firm said it plans to invest about $120million or N18billion in the nation’s power sector.
The amount would be expended on the construction of a power generation plant, estimated at $100m (N15bn) and a meter manufacturing factory valued at $20m (N3bn).
The company’s Chief Investment Officer, Mr. Mohammed Radwan, disclosed this at the commissioning of its transformer manufacturing plant in Lagos recently.
He said the new generation plant is expected to produce another 15megawatt, MW, of electricity by the first quarter of next year, to complement the state’s existing 12MW from the Akute Power Plant, built by Oando Power and capacity from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.
The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, said, “The reality is that as we take steps to improve the stock of power generation in the country, the power that is eventually generated will have to be distributed to houses and consumers through cables and transformers, measured through electricity meters in order to facilitate fair and proper billing.”

This, he said, is the critical role the company will play through the state’s intervention programme, saying, “It will manufacture and supply transformers locally, which will significantly bridge the delay and gap that importation of transformers will entail and very soon the company will start the local manufacture of electricity meters in Lagos to bridge the gap of importation and develop a local capacity.”
He also explained that the power generated from the new plant would serve the General Hospital, Island Maternity, the High Court, Magistrate Court and about 30 street lighting projects slated for the Island.
Fashola revealed that the transformer factory has a capacity of about 1,400 transformers per annum and would be expanded as the company grows, adding that about 200 transformers were already allocated to some communities in 2009.
He therefore appealed to the Federal Government to review downwards the existing tariffs on imported raw materials for the manufacture of transformers, to encourage companies like Elswede and other prospective investors to reach their full potential, while also stimulating local production and protecting manufacturers against foreign competition.
Fashola noted that investment such as this would reduce unemployment and save foreign exchange, saying, “It may interest you to note that the factory presently has in its employment not less than 100 workers and intends to employ additional 30 workers within the next one month.
“Aside from employment opportunities, this factory also affords the opportunity of saving the huge foreign exchange previously spent on importation of transformers and also guarantees readily available products.” He added.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Smooyis(m): 11:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
Baba Fash. Eko o le baje ooooo. E ku ise sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Poll: Results Local Goverment By Local Goverment / I Have Been Fighting Corruption For 35years Since I Was A Kid, Olawepo Hashim / Adedeji Doherty: I Remain Lagos PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.