Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,678 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics (6631 Views)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by james1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
@excanny.the way you are going;you must be vexed over something,what really is it?
The transformer plant is a wonderful addition to the employement industry.
I pray FG patronise them as this will provide the much needed job's for our citizen's among other thing's.
FG should move to stop the importation of good manufactured here for such companie's to survive.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by debosky(m): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
Interesting. . . I'd like to know their production rates and the price comparison with imported transformers.

While it's a laudable idea in principle, I hope the transformer buyers (PHCN, FG/state governments) will be willing to buy these transformers locally instead of their usual love for kickbacks on import orders.

Long term, I hope there is sufficient capacity/demand to keep the plant going, not just a one off deal to make 100 transformers and meet a given contract from the LASG.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by soloqy: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

Fools.

Reduce tariffs on imported parts or on electricity bills?

Classic white elephant projects.

You criticize just for the sake of it yeah?

What sense did you make with this your hasty comment?

Is it not clear even to a kindergarten pupil that having a manufacturing plant here has multiple benefits?

Do you know how many engineers, artisans, sales persons, etc that would be employed?

You say to reduce tariff of the electricity, which by the way you dont have due to inadequate distribution ,majorly caused by inadequate transformers or dilapidated/archaic ones.

After the reduction, what next?

People are getting really tired of people like you who never have anything positive to say or contribute to the country's growth.

Yes, we will always speak out on the bad things and encourage people to air it out but when there is no cause for criticism(or you dont have any sensible argument to back your criticism), just waka pass.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Princek12(m): 12:03am On Oct 22, 2010
Eko

Ilu ogbon

Eko oni baje lai lai oooooooooooooooooo

Ki awon haters lo be si inu ogunpa

ki awon haters lo p'okun so

ki awon haters lo kudanu

nitori Eko oni baje.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:50am On Oct 22, 2010
good move,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Ikengawo: 1:01am On Oct 22, 2010
Im glad all the bad belle people have been humiliated by sensible intelligent nigerians

how can something be a white elephant project when you're literally looking at pictures of its completion?

lol ignorance
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by OAM4J: 3:41am On Oct 22, 2010
Ikengawo:

Im glad all the bad belle people have been humiliated by sensible intelligent nigerians

how can something be a white elephant project when you're literally looking at pictures of its completion?

lol ignorance

I wonder o. like someone said, may be he just heard the phrase.

Eko o ni baje lai lai.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Ellyptical: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2010
Good Move by Fashola. This is highly commendable.
I have one question though. Does it mean that without the government driven PPP that industries cannot naturally spring up in Lagos?
Take for example the new Automobile Manufacturing Plant in Nnewi, Anambra that was just commissioned by GEJ. It is solely owned the private sector. NO GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT. That is what a capitalist system is known for. Mecerdes, Toyota, Sony, General Electric are not Public Private Patnerships (PPP). They are strictly owned by capitalists.
The government is no known to run companies well. Their involvement in General Motors was already highly criticized.
Does it mean that as large as Lagos is, there are no individual that can help industrialize the state further?
Trust me, A HUGE LOT of the profit from here will go back to Egypt whereas 100% of the profit from Innoson Motors will stay in Anambra!
Good Move like I said, Lagosians have woken up no doubt but they need to Wake Up further.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by frankcimc(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2010
Mr, Fashola well done jary, beside every successful man there is a beautiful woman they said no wonder you doing great, you will be remembered by generation after generation for your good work.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by adconline(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2010
Good initiative, but our destiny to have power is  still dependent on this  corrupt entity called NEPA of PHCN (Please Hold Candle All Nite). It's still a monopoly where PHCN's approval will be needed in order to buy these transformers.

Since govt is not always a good manager,I would hope that LASG is  not  the majority holder to be saddled with day to day running of this venture; bearing mind that another administration coming after BRF may not be visionary. LASG should  follow Daimler Benz/Anamco joint venture model,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2010
Ellyptical:

Good Move by Fashola. This is highly commendable.
I have one question though. Does it mean that without the government driven PPP that industries cannot naturally spring up in Lagos?
Take for example the new Automobile Manufacturing Plant in Nnewi, Anambra that was just commissioned by GEJ. It is solely owned the private sector. NO GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT. That is what a capitalist system is known for. Mecerdes, Toyota, Sony, General Electric are not Public Private Patnerships (PPP). They are strictly owned by capitalists.
The government is no known to run companies well. Their involvement in General Motors was already highly criticized.
Does it mean that as large as Lagos is, there are no individual that can help industrialize the state further?
Trust me, A HUGE LOT of the profit from here will go back to Egypt whereas 100% of the profit from Innoson Motors will stay in Anambra!
Good Move like I said, Lagosians have woken up no doubt but they need to Wake Up further.

innoson is indirectly funding china, where most of their parts are sourced from. try again
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Reference(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2010
No Ellyptical, the equity held I  think comes in the form of land, infrastructure and administrative costs not direct cash investments. Things you may consider to be incentives. This is where Lagos does very well. I holds similar interests in the proposed Greenfield Petrochem. projects. In terms of foreign/local investments this is what is expected. And the good thing about it is that it tackles one our most pressing problems - power, where Lagos accounts for over 40% of consumption. If they could have a full package of generation and distribution infrastructure investment in place they could press for full electric power independence leaving the rest of us with PHCN to cope.

For those calling it a white elephant project you are both right and wrong. If it is an assembly/light fabrication plant which I think it is (just 100 workers) then it is more exposed to negative external forces (Federal interference). In this case the LASG will have to lobby the centre for support, patronage and play dirty politics. It will have to battle the - import till you die cabal, resting in the shadows of 'The Rock'. But if it is not to be a white elephant it is up to you and I to resist unnecessary foreign imports. The mere fact that they require parts for assembly should be enough incentive for new industries and more production and more jobs. You guys producing transformer oil, copper coils, porcelain insulators, etc, stop complaining and get busy, market don come. Afterall it is the same copper that goes into the Innoson vehicles. That is how industrial growth happens. One step after another. All it takes is determination by men and women of goodwill.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Goddex: 10:56am On Oct 22, 2010
Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company
Urges FG to review tariff rate on transformer components

Oct 19, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday commissioned the first transformer manufacturing industry in West Africa, pleading with the Federal Government to consider a downward review of the tariff charged on the imported components used in the manufacture of transformers.

@Poster
Lie. It's not the first transformer manufacturing company in Nigeria.
I used to know and even do business with one at Calabar Free Trade Zone.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 22, 2010
Fashola is a patriotic Nigerian. I can see a better Nigeria. Congrats!!!!! fellow Nigerians.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by hustla(m): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2010
One thing I know about Nigerians is we know tht these leaders are stealing this money and we reali dont mind, We now smile and heap praises on em for their duties and the minor crumb they throw us from their high tables,

BRF has reali tried, when we compare him to other Governors like OGD and his thugs, lets just wait and c wat time will do to him; Remember OGD started well buh changed over time, anyways he shld keep up the good work,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Boboedom: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2010
The most forward looking governor so far in the history of this country. BRF for 2011
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by honeric01(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2010
Goddex:

@Poster[b]
Lie. It's not the first transformer manufacturing company in Nigeria.
I used to know and even do business with one at Calabar Free Trade Zone.[/b]

Educate us.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by adconline(m): 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2010
Lie. It's not the [b]first transformer manufacturing company in Nigeria.

Educate us.[/b]

http://www.newclime.com/Docs/product_Details.asp?product_id=25&cat_name=Electrical
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Youngichou(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2010
adconline:

Lie. It's not the [b]first transformer manufacturing company in Nigeria.

Educate us.[/b]

http://www.newclime.com/Docs/product_Details.asp?product_id=25&cat_name=Electrical

rubbish u are really stupid
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by honeric01(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2010
adconline:

Educate us.[/b]

This is the only info i got from the website, how does this proof they make transformers?

"Transformer & other switchgear manufacturing facilities
for making tanks, sand blasting, oil filling under vacuum, painting, assembly and testing to BIS standards.""
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by nadneth: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2010
Good move there BRF. If only 10,yes just 10 governors in Nigeria will follow BRF footsteps then Nigerias vision 20/2020 dream will be achievable. Congrats to all Lagosians.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by yabadabado: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
everybody from every tribe likes a good leader.
abeg when this guy finish for this term , make him come help for zamfara.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Basseti: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
Nice to wake up in the morning and here something positive about Nigeria for once.

Anyway u look at it , this is a welcome development. I am finding it hard to believe that some peeps dont see it shocked If not for anything, the immediate employment opportunities this project will present to the down stream sector (and I am not just talking about engineers). This project will set off a chain reaction of employment opportunities. Thats what Nigeria really needs now.
Add that to the fact that the cost of transformers MIGHT ( grin) be relatively cheaper since its an in-house production and the fact that in the long run this might also have an effect on the electricity bills, then u will begin to see this as a triple whammy!!!!

White elephant project? The way some Nigerians reason sef.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Basseti: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2010
hustla:

One thing I know about Nigerians is we know tht these leaders are stealing this money and we reali dont mind, We now smile and heap praises on em for their duties and the minor crumb they throw us from their high tables,

It is pathetic, I know, but hey, its life. Thats the state of affairs in Nigeria.

Look, I will READILY vote for a presidential aspirant who tells me that he will EAT money when he gets there but he will do these three things,

-Roads
-Electricity
-Water,

Abeg chop all the money u want, but at least create the enabling condition for services and businesses to thrive.

Its pathetic to have that kind of mind set but thats the reality we face in Nigeria.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by bashydemy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
BRF may your days be long jor i am happy to witness this kind of Good Governance headed by you. i have make vow never to vote again but 2011 am coming from Ogun state to vote in Lagos i hope the idiot like Gbega Daniel, Alao Akala and co are seeing this God Bless Lagos, God Bless Nigeria and God bless my home state. God bless you BRF
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Amalaaba: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2010
Oct 19, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday commissioned the first transformer manufacturing industry in West Africa, pleading with the Federal Government to consider a downward review of the tariff charged on the imported components used in the manufacture of transformers.

This factory is not the first TRANSFORMER MANUFACTURING plant in Nigeria. The very first one is in Calabar Free Trade zone. The company is called Danalec and it is owned as a joint venture by a Nigerian and an Italian.
They are now a major supplier to PHCN and various state governments.

I hope this piece of info helps a little.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by olafolarin(m): 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2010
adconline:

Educate us.[/b]

there is nothing on Newclime's Website that Shows it produces Transformers.
They might Be selling already packaged transformers to different States which
add nothing to the Economy of the Country.

Elsewedy is an internationaly recognised coy with presence all over Africa.
Its Most likely the Plant in Lagos is an Assembling plant just like Innosson
Automobile in Nnewi in which Case all its Parts are imported from China.

These two coys should instigate  à sensible FG to revive the moribund Ajaokuta Steel
Rolling Mills so that the RAW materials can Be locally sourced.
It will have à multiplier effect on the Economy As Innoson and Elsewedy will Be à permanent Customer
and also otherr Industries will Be established to produce/Design Iron Ore needed For Train Lines,Iron rods,etc
it Takes very Little technology to Meltau and reproduce Copper but à lot of Goodwill And conviction.

Nö matter which direction which Look at it. It is à welcomed Development and Big Kudos to Tinubu for initiating the Move
and Most importanly Fashola for seeing it to fruition.

Eko OÖ Ni Ba Je ooooo
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Amalaaba: 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2010
Hi Friends, Lets get this straight; nobody does everything 100%. Newclime produces Transformers as claimed in PH. The basic parts of a transformer ar e 1. Core---Metal sheets, 2. Coil, 3. Casing/Tank 4. Cover, 5. Insulations.

I would not bore you with the technicality, theory and process of manufacturing transformer, but the truth is once you get the above together with the right equipment and machineries you can be said to manufacture transformer in any country as long as the products meet the appropriate specification(s), otherwise no country manufactures anything.

As per Switch gears, there are many companies producing this in Nigeria; there are two in Aba. I even made a feeder pillar that has remained in service now for 22 years.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by yarodin: 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2010
Before anyone calls Fashola's projects "elephant projects" they should go ask their own state governors what projects they have in the works?  Hands down Fashola has proven to be the best, so him and his State deserve all kudos.  Also, for those complaining that Fashola is not doing anything for the poor have to remember the projects have to start from somewhere.  It makes sense to carter to the rich if you want to put it that way because in the end run it flows down to the poor.  The rich people are the ones that have the money to spend, so the more they spend, the more the services get cheaper then more and more people start using that service.  The cell phone is a good example of what am talking about.  We just pray that Fashola keeps up the good work and that those following right behind him do not abandon what he and his staff members have already started.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by olafolarin(m): 12:21am On Oct 23, 2010
Lagos Is experiencing positive Development because of Govt continuity.
Fashola was à Major Part of last Administration and that Gave à Big
insight into how the state Works.Besides Most of Todays projects were
at inception being coordinated by him As He was CGS to Tinubu.

I Hope He will do more in the Next 4 Years.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by yarodin: 12:26am On Oct 23, 2010
So are you saying Tinubu was initially the one that jump started the projects? Why I am asking is because some people were saying Tinubu and some officials were mad that Fashola was doing alot of projects instead of putting money in their pockets.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by asunaobi(m): 12:58am On Oct 23, 2010
Welldone! No two ways about it. Technology is the way out of poverty for any nation, not english language.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over Population: Nigeria's Balloning Problem / Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark / Mr President, Was The 2011 Subsidy Fund Used To Finance The April Elections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.