Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

This Website Is Claiming To Be Owned By Opera, How True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Website Is Claiming To Be Owned By Opera, How True? (278 Views)

Tinubu Didn't Build Lagos . He Is Claiming Peoples Achievements. APC Chieftains / Pictures Of Properties Owned By Fayose Released By EFCC / Osun Election: Cadet Claiming To Be INEC Official Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Website Is Claiming To Be Owned By Opera, How True? by booblacain(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
I got a call from this ecommerce website (I suspect they got my number from jiji) asking me to open an account with them. They claimed to be owned by Opera(browser). I checked out the website and it looks exactly like jiji, only obvious difference is the logo that looks like that of opera.

I have checked the name of the website on Google to find any link with Opera but I can't seem to find any. So, I am wondering if this is a scam site or is it that I am not checking the right places.

They are giving me an offer of VIP subscription, that is, my products will be advertised on Opera platforms like opera news.

Please if you know about this site and can confirm or show a proof of its authenticity, please do before I jump on it. Thanks.

1 Share

Re: This Website Is Claiming To Be Owned By Opera, How True? by Xisnin(m): 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
booblacain:
I got a call from this ecommerce website (I suspect they got my number from jiji) asking me to open an account with them. They claimed to be owned by Opera(browser). I checked out the website and it looks exactly like jiji, only obvious difference is the logo that looks like that of opera.

I have checked the name of the website on Google to find any link with Opera but I can't seem to find any. So, I am wondering if this is a scam site or is it that I am not checking the right places.

They are giving me an offer of VIP subscription, that is, my products will be advertised on Opera platforms like opera news.

Please if you know about this site and can confirm or show a proof of its authenticity, please do before I jump on it. Thanks.
Anybody can advertise on opera news.
It doesn't mean they are connected to Opera.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: Leadership Conference In Seoul / APC Will End With Buhari In 2023, Says Shehu Sani / In The Spirit Of "Realism Or Idealism"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.