Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Double Amputee Bride Wears A Dress For The FIRST Time At Her Wedding - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Double Amputee Bride Wears A Dress For The FIRST Time At Her Wedding (1010 Views)

Bride-to-be, Hajara Dies A Day To Her Wedding In Nasarawa State (Photos) / Pretty Amputee Shares Her Experience When She Went For Amputation 14 Years Ago / Stunning Amputee Steals Hearts On Social Media With Gorgeous Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Double Amputee Bride Wears A Dress For The FIRST Time At Her Wedding by stellapatu: 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
A double amputee had the confidence to wear a dress for the first time on her wedding day - due to her new state-of-the-art legs.

Katarina Floridia, 27, from Ashland, Massachusetts, had always been embarrassed about her legs, covering them even on sweltering hot beach days.

But thanks to her new legs - from A Step Ahead Prosthetics, which match her skin color and accommodate heels, Katarina was able to make her dream come true by walking down the aisle in confidence with her father on her arm and marrying fiance Andrew Pfeffer. Katarina said: 'It made the beautiful bride that I have always hoped and dreamt of being - I was a princess bride that could finally see her toes.

'Walking down the aisle was the most emotionally moment of my life. I felt that my self-esteem and self-confidence returned after it had being damaged my whole life - I never felt so beautiful, confident or strong.'

Katarina, a congenital bilateral amputee, has had to wear prosthetics her whole life, having been adopted from Moscow, Russia, when she was 18 months old, and moving to the United States.

When she was born, bands formed in her amniotic fluid, restricting the growth of her legs. Over the years, Katarina said, she has had a difficult relationship with prosthetics - from having the confidence to wear previous models out in public, to experiencing the cost of healthcare related to her condition.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/double-amputee-bride-wears-a-dress-for-the-first-time-at-her-wedding

Re: Double Amputee Bride Wears A Dress For The FIRST Time At Her Wedding by chiefboomite204(f): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
wow.. very lovely

(1) (Reply)

Help, Body Odour Defying All Physical Measures / Cystitis Treatment / Everything You Need To Know About Fair And White Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.