Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? (336 Views)

Sunmonu Succeeds Aig-imoukhuede As Chairman, Wapic Insurance Plc / WAPIC Insurance Plc To Refund Motor Vehicle Insurance Premiums During The Nation / Wapic Insurance Plc And Their Unreachable/useless Customer Service Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by Guest911: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2019
I just concluded my 12 months insurance package with wapic at 100,000 per month
And my total accumulated interest is at N41,000 even though the current treasury bill is at 10.6% I honestly feel cheated. Spent half an hour on the phone with their employee and she can’t seem to give me a breakdown of how the interest was calculated. Who else has worked with wapic before?
Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by katlord(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
Guest911:
I just concluded my 12 months insurance package with wapic at 100,000 per month
And my total accumulated interest is at N41,000 even though the current treasury bill is at 10.6% I honestly feel cheated. Spent half an hour on the phone with their employee and she can’t seem to give me a breakdown of how the interest was calculated. Who else has worked with wapic before?

100k per month meaning 1.2 million in a year. On this note tb is better. Could have fetched u interest of over 100k instead of d 41k from wapic
Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by megafaraday(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2019
You're right to feel cheated and I empathise with you on that.
However, you should note that the policy you bought isn't entirely investment but has an element of life insurance in it. As such, should death, permanent or temporary disability occur before the end of the tenure, then you or your beneficiary gets the full sum assured or part thereof.
The marketer that sold the policy to you didn't probably inform you of this
Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by Onnasucs1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
katlord:

100k per month meaning 1.2 million in a year. On this note tb is better. Could have fetched u interest of over 100k instead of d 41k from wapic
lol no be only 100k per month grin grin.

Na 10.6% per annum
Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by Guest911: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
@megafaraday Actually the agent mentioned that part to me.
Really I wasn’t expecting to get the full 10.6% of entire money. But From inception they mentioned that if the projected tbill is at 10.4 then my annual interest would be 4.4%(which is poor). So even at 4.4% I should be getting N52,800.

PS: my total contribution would have been 1.2m, on one particular month I paid 200k.

So total amount matured is N1,300,000 and interest value at 41,000.

If this is not scam I don’t know what to call it. There’s no transparency at all.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by katlord(m): 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
Onnasucs1:
lol no be only 100k per month grin grin.

Na 10.6% per annum

That's what I mean, he/she did 100k insurance per month which fetch interest of 41k only. My assertion is that if it is tb it'll which total sum is 1.2 million in a yr it'll definitely yield over 100k interest at 10.6%
Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by katlord(m): 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
megafaraday:
You're right to feel cheated and I empathise with you on that.
However, you should note that the policy you bought isn't entirely investment but has an element of life insurance in it. As such, should death, permanent or temporary disability occur before the end of the tenure, then you or your beneficiary gets the full sum assured or part thereof.
The marketer that sold the policy to you didn't probably inform you of this

Marketers are always economical with the truth about products they sell. Besides, a lot of us in Nigeria including the educated have little info about insurance investment since we don't really patronize them instead we do fix deposits, tb, target savings and all that. Me self nor understand many insurance investment. The day I'll make up my mind to do it, the marketer go explain tire lolz

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Doing This Wapic Smart Life Plus Package?? by Onnasucs1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
katlord:

That's what I mean, he/she did 100k insurance per month which fetch interest of 41k only. My assertion is that if it is tb it'll which total sum is 1.2 million in a yr it'll definitely yield over 100k interest at 10.6%
I now understand.

Thanks for explaining

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plain White Polo Supplier Needed / I Need A Business Partner / Shimla Kullu Manali Tour Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.