Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool (867 Views)

NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers / See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Abdulazeez99: 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
Nigerian-born Chelsea’s striker, Tammy Abraham has received death threats and racial abuse following his club’s loss to Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup in Ukraine, Wednesday night, Igbere TV reports.

Abraham failed to beat Liverpool’s Adrian, after his spot-kick was saved in the 5-4 penalty loss, and that was all the club needed to round off the evening after full time eneded 2-2.

Igbere TV reports that it was Abraham who won a pentalty during regulation time to give Chelsea a life-line.

'Kick It Out' confirmed the threats sent to the English forward in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV.

“Last night we received reports of racist abuse directed at Tammy Abraham on social media after Chelsea’s UEFA Super Cup match”, the tweet partly read.

Chelsea Coach, Frank Lampard, has consoled Abraham after his penalty miss and stressed that even the top players have missed penalties.

‘“I told him not to worry. The fact that he’s confident and wants to step up to take the fifth penalty is pleasing to me,’’ Lampard told Chelsea’s official webpage post-match.

‘’I’ve been there myself, anyone can miss a penalty, but what I want is the confidence of a young player to turn up and do that.

‘’It’s part and parcel of being a player at the top level, which is what Tammy now is. These moments come and we have to be supportive of him because that’s football.’’

http://igberetvnews.com/902567/chelseas-striker-abraham-gets-death-threats-after-chelsea-penalty-miss/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by whatmoreng: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
These guys will suddenly remember u are black when you fail.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Eagleboney(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
waiting to see you join super eagles

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Thugaa: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
They forgot he won them the penalty that made them equalise if not there wouldnt have been a penalty shootout in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by drips8(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Even Ronaldo and Messi have both lost penalties

The guys insulting him are just sore losers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by fergie001: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
This club sef.....I hail their supporters.....mtchew
Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by movingclouds(m): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
whatmoreng:
These guys will suddenly remember u are black when you fail.
Don't forget they do the same to their British players as well.. British fans are the craziest and most ungrateful

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by SaintOpzy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
Nigerian born....?!

hmm, my bloda.....
Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by klever18(m): 2:48am On Aug 16, 2019
hmmmm

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 16, 2019
TBH, some football fans are nothing but extremists in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 16, 2019
Eagleboney:
waiting to see you join super eagles

No.way.

He still wants to play for England. sad
Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2019
It's a pity.

Tammy Abraham chances of breaking into the 3 lions first team is very slim same goes for Fikayo Tomori.
With the way, Tammy malign us for England I don't think NFF will contact him again.

Fikayo Tomori should follow the footsteps of Ola Aina a close buddy and play for Nigeria.

Racism won't stop anytime soon.
Re: Nigerian-born Striker, Abraham, Threatened After Chelsea's Loss To Liverpool by Eagleboney(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2019
mansakhalifa:

No.way.

He still wants to play for England. sad
I thought he has officially swapped to eagles

(1) (Reply)

Rio Ferdinand Snubs Liverpool Fan During His Visit To Nigeria (video) / Pogba New Hairstyle,check It Out / Messi's Used Tissue Paper During Barca Farewell Is Being Auctioned For $1m.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.