Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers (914 Views)

AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo / Cyriel Dessers Fires All 5 Goals In Genk Big Win / Cyriel Dessers And Paul Onuachu Score To Help Genk Open Season With Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by Freshgossip: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
The Nigeria Football Federation has officially accepted the proposal of Belgian born striker Cyriel Dessers to the Super Eagles after he declared himself available to play for Nigeria.

This comes days after the Dutch Eredivisie top scorer who plays as a striker for Heracles Almelo in Holland, made his intention clear to play for Nigeria.

The 24-year-old born to a Belgian dad and Nigerian mother who has 11 goals and 5 assists in 15 appearances for his club this season, said: “I have never been to Nigeria because of the political situation there. It was slightly better last year so I’ll be twice as happy if I can get an invite, even if it’s friendly against Madagascar or Mauritius.”

After his public cry to Coach Gernot Rohr to invite him to play for Nigeria, the NFF made an official announcement on their official Twitter account, welcoming Cyriel Dessers.

It said: “@CyrielDessers Eredivisie player of the month says he is open for @NGSuperEagles selection. #SoarSuperEagles #Team9jaStrong”.

Cyriel Dessers replied saying: “After a series of discussions with the NFF President Amaju Pinnick, I have decided to fully commit myself to Nigeria and the Super Eagles and I’m going to work to be part of the team and fight for more success for the country. I am a proud Nigerian and I can’t wait to fulfill my dream of wearing the green-white-green,” the striker said in the statement.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/nff-welcomes-belgian-born-striker.html

Re: NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by Freshgossip: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by obavalen(f): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
Welcome boy grin
Re: NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by ojun50(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
Freshgossip:
Lalasticlala
Yes hv you not eat In dis aftnoon
Re: NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by ghettokid1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
English: welcome. Igbo: nno. Yoruba: Ekabo.
Re: NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by Solsix(m): 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
Nna welcome for your patriotism but u should have made enough inquiry to know if this is what u can do
Re: NFF Welcomes Belgian Born Striker Cyriel Dessers by excanny: 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
A player has a fluke of most goals this season in a league with very leaky defences and they are already approving him. Useless NFF.

Where was he last season in this same league? Why not watch if he will be among top 3 scores next season before endorsing.

You think if he was that good, Belgium wouldn't have snatched him?

(1) (Reply)

Between Sugar Robinson, ali,lennox lewis and tyson,who is the greatest Boxer? / Thomas Partey Arrive London, Amid Arsenal Signing / Mother Seen With Her 3 Children Playing Bet9ja Virtual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.