Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America (838 Views)

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! / Lagitimate Process And Cost Of Migrating To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by brume24: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
good day to everyone, I've being following the nairaland for quite some time now but I just registered some days back, I really need help on how to go about this American visa and migration process.....note I don't have a relation over there but ive got an American citizen who is ready to sponsor my trip and accommodation.
I'm 22yrs of age with a national diploma in accounting but later change career option to engineering(industrial marine engineering), which I learnt from a workshop practically for 3yrs not through school though, pls I really wanna know what my chances of migrating are.......I'm here to learn so I'll appreciate every 2cent from the nairaland family
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2019
Who u wan leave this zoo for? U go no where sister

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by brume24: 7:55am On Aug 16, 2019
Mandyoluchi:
Who u wan leave this zoo for? U go no where sister

brus the country tire me, make I try day way first wether everywhere go good
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by brume24: 7:57am On Aug 16, 2019
brume24:
good day to everyone, I've being following the nairaland for quite some time now but I just registered some days back, I really need help on how to go about this American visa and migration process.....note I don't have a relation over there but ive got an American citizen who is ready to sponsor my trip and accommodation.
I'm 22yrs of age with a national diploma in accounting but later change career option to engineering(industrial marine engineering), which I learnt from a workshop practically for 3yrs not through school though, pls I really wanna know what my chances of migrating are.......I'm here to learn so I'll appreciate every 2cent from the nairaland family

93views no replies, abeg mona help me, I really need ona words
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by ednut1(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2019
brume24:

93views no replies, abeg mona help me, I really need ona words
how many people have u seen talking about usa immigration of late. U better shift focus to canada or Scandinavia. Trump ain't smiling
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by Lewist(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2019
No wast your time as you wont get d Visa, even people with USA Visa are getting their Visa cancels so if you get listening ears run and run before agent milk d hell out of you

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by brume24: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2019
ednut1:
how many people have u seen talking about usa immigration of late. U better shift focus to canada or Scandinavia. Trump ain't smiling

honestly the thing tire me oo but the person wanting to help me move there is telling to make every enquiry that he'll foot all bills and expenses......I really wan know if e dey possible for me to move and wetin be be best way to go about am
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by brume24: 8:45am On Aug 16, 2019
Lewist:
No wast your time as you wont get d Visa, even people with USA Visa are getting their Visa cancels so if you get listening ears run and run before agent milk d hell out of you

I appreciate your reply brus...... person in question is planning on securing me a job, wetin I go need to do and how I go take run am, I jux dey think if e go fit possible for the person to sponsor me since e no be my relative?
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by samhardy: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2019
brume24:

honestly the thing tire me oo but the person wanting to help me move there is telling to make every enquiry that he'll foot all bills and expenses......I really wan know if e dey possible for me to move and wetin be be best way to go about am

Mee too am tired of Nigeria but right now America ain't granting visa to applicants except u wanna try ur luck. I tried last yr but got denied. Best option look for another route as dat wat m doin now!
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by ttmacoy: 10:18am On Aug 16, 2019
You can only be sponsored by a relative and even that depending on the category can take a long time.

The quick alternative is via marriage so if you are this guy are more than friends and are in a relationship, marriage is an option.

Aside that is to get sponsored for a work visa which is very difficult from Nigeria.

Actually when you say he is willing to sponsor your trip is that via a visit visa to hussle? The options I listed above are for permanent residence.

brume24:
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by ednut1(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2019
brume24:

I appreciate your reply brus...... person in question is planning on securing me a job, wetin I go need to do and how I go take run am, I jux dey think if e go fit possible for the person to sponsor me since e no be my relative?
stop wasting ya time bro
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by brume24: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
ttmacoy:
You can only be sponsored by a relative and even that depending on the category can take a long time.

The quick alternative is via marriage so if you are this guy are more than friends and are in a relationship, marriage is an option.

Aside that is to get sponsored for a work visa which is very difficult from Nigeria.

Actually when you say he is willing to sponsor your trip is that via a visit visa to hussle? The options I listed above are for permanent residence.

tnx brus, I really appreciate your response. you said something that got to me which is the work option....how possible is it to secure a job from naija, do companies over there employ nigerians?...... the person wanting to help me go over there is actually helping me with a job offer but I really wanna know if my workshop certificate and few courses I've being certified on can land me a job in the engineering sector...
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by Mandyoluchi(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2019
brume24:

brus the country tire me, make I try day way first wether everywhere go good

Lol. I wish u luck bro
Re: What Are My Chances Of Migrating To America by ttmacoy: 2:19am On Aug 17, 2019
Like I mentioned in my first post, the chance of getting a job from Nigeria with a company who is able to sponsor you is very slim and requires having highly in demand skills that they cannot find locally.

The person cannot just offer you just any job, it needs to meet certain requirements of the type of skilled or managerial level jobs for a H1b work visa and also he needs to show he has looked locally and cannot find someone who can do the job. It's also expensive and requires lawyers so it's not just something he can do by offering you a low type job. Also there are only 65k work visas available each year, and the demand far outweighs supply and is dominated by the large IT type companies.

Another option is to get a job in Nigeria with a company that has offices in the US and after a while see if they will transfer you to the US office.

brume24:

tnx brus, I really appreciate your response. you said something that got to me which is the work option....how possible is it to secure a job from naija, do companies over there employ nigerians?...... the person wanting to help me go over there is actually helping me with a job offer but I really wanna know if my workshop certificate and few courses I've being certified on can land me a job in the engineering sector...

(1) (Reply)

David Cohen, The Canada Immigration Icon Passes @74 / Relocation To Abuja, What Is Abuja Like / What’s The Real Price For The International Passport Application?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.