Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

“Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba (10714 Views)

Wike: I Sponsored And Removed Secondus As PDP National Chairman / Senator Andy Uba Visits Bola Tinubu / Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by slapandfall(m): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2019
d
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Cantonese: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Nigeria prisons are not yet fit to be called correctional centres, Inmates keep increasing against the initial capacity our prisons can hold, research has seen that Nigeria criminals comes out hardened after their jail terms, to the lucky dude that will handle the contract of rebranding , painting and etc you are the real MVP

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

Have you been imprisoned before? You talk like an insider.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by gwarotango: 7:09am On Aug 16, 2019
babzo:
Well done. While many of us including me have little hope or respect in our politicians, good steps must be encouraged.
Our prisons are beyond terrible,
- Vast majority of prisoners are either innocent or spend time awaiting trial for periods longer than their original sentence would have been , if found guilty.
- Prison officials steal funds meant to feed the prisoners.
- Most people go into prisoners, become worse and come out ready to do more evil.
- Many big men lock up their employees, enemies or opponents with just a word from their lips.
Yet a lot of our leaders have been in jail and prisons and did nothing to change the system, OBJ, FFK, Buhari etc.

Good step in the right direction Senator Uba.
Buhari has never been to prison. He was held under house arrest during his time in detention
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Reptyle(m): 7:09am On Aug 16, 2019
Karemarealty288:
Does changing name translate to changing structures.... Its still the same old wine in new bottle.

Why don't you read the Act itself before you make uninformed comments?
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by KingAzari: 7:14am On Aug 16, 2019
Karemarealty288:
Does changing name translate to changing structures.... Its still the same old wine in new bottle.

Same old wine in same old bottle, just a change of identification/label.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Reptyle(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2019
For those interested in reading the contents of the Act, find it attached below.

It isn't just a change in name. It is a far-reaching reform of the entire prison system.

https://we.tl/t-IQbn1hv7v9
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by MikeBetty(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2019
Kingpee2:
Prison is prison Abeg,don’t come and copy oyinbo here in naija ,as if you people can meet up with the standards
But You Compares Nigeria To Ur "Oyinbo" Everytime. Rome Was Not Built In A Day.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by babzo(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2019
gwarotango:
Buhari has never been to prison. He was held under house arrest during his time in detention

Imprisoned. Jailed. Detained. House Arrest.
Six, half a dozen, five + 1, seven - 1
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Meritocracy: 8:01am On Aug 16, 2019
You sponsor the bill for selfish motive, you know more politician are going to the place and you don't want to be labeled ex-prisonner or convict.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Icesnow(f): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2019
Pavore9:
The physical structures also needs upgrading.
Hi! I was looking for where to hit cocoa powder in Lagos and your username came up. You used to import cocoa powder. Pls where can I get it? I wanna get for my grandmum who has BP. Thanks
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by executive12: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2019
Wonders shall never end!! It's amazing to hear that Andy Uba sponsored a bill. Wow.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Lanretoye(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2019
You can't build a heaven.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Karemarealty288(m): 9:21am On Aug 16, 2019
Reptyle:

Why don't you read the Act itself before you make uninformed comments?

Taaaa gbafueee visit the prison in the next 8months and see if there will be any changes....only Gen Abdulsalam's government touched the lives of prison inmates, till date no improvement. Abeg all na eye service. One things is to sponsor bill another hurdle is to implemented the bill. All Nigeria prisons still remains as the colonial masters left it, Verify this.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Reptyle(m): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2019
Karemarealty288:

Taaaa gbafueee visit the prison in the next 8months and see if there will be any changes....only Gen Abdulsalam's government touched the lives of prison inmates, till date no improvement. Abeg all na eye service. One things is to sponsor bill another hurdle is to implemented the bill. All Nigeria prisons still remains as the colonial masters left it, Verify this.

It is no longer a bill. It has been signed off by the President therefore, it is now a law.

Like every reform, it will take some time to implement...but it must be implemented.

The changes will not be automatic. The act was only signed off about 2 days ago.

It is the job of the Senate Committee on the Interior to ensure that the reforms are followed through.

Have some faith.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Karemarealty288(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2019
Reptyle:

It is no longer a bill. It has been signed off by the President therefore, it is now a law.

Like every reform, it will take some time to implement...but it must be implemented.

The changes will not be automatic. The act was only signed off about 2 days ago.

It is the job of the Senate Committee on the Interior to ensure that the reforms are followed through.

Have some faith.

We pray they do.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Ferdinandu(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2019
Yes they have changed the name but has it changed from being a hardened Criminals Breeding Centre?
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by datcalabargirl: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2019
Karemarealty288:

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by alphaNomega: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2019
babzo:
Well done. While many of us including me have little hope or respect in our politicians, good steps must be encouraged.
Our prisons are beyond terrible,
- Vast majority of prisoners are either innocent or spend time awaiting trial for periods longer than their original sentence would have been , if found guilty.
- Prison officials steal funds meant to feed the prisoners.
- Most people go into prisoners, become worse and come out ready to do more evil.
- Many big men lock up their employees, enemies or opponents with just a word from their lips.
Yet a lot of our leaders have been in jail and prisons and did nothing to change the system, OBJ, FFK, Buhari etc.

Good step in the right direction Senator Uba.

For example, the Madonna university case.

1 Like

Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by DeborahOlawoyi: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2019
jerseyboy:
Because Andy you know you belong in JAIL.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 16, 2019
The only people the correction works for is northern inmates....you have REPENTED BOKOHARAM RELEASED INTO THE SOCIETY AND SOME RECRUITED IN MILITARY
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2019
The only people the correction works for is northern inmates....you have REPENTED BOKOHARAM RELEASED INTO THE SOCIETY AND SOME RECRUITED IN MILITARY

RELEASE SOWORE HE HAS BEEN CORRECTED
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by Surulereman(m): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Very funny. What's the difference today between NEPA and EKEDC? Na the same thing.
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by KUTLWANOKGANYAG: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2019
MachadoPreto:
Empty bill and why it was easy to scale through at it was not cost consuming

Just the name changed.

No iota of correctional measures, practices or routines in the system.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by edibobo: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2019
You will correct those on death roll ?
Re: “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba by chubbyG(m): 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Going through the comments it is clear you people didn't read the new bill.
I would've written the improvements here, but it will be a waste of time cause I'll be attacked by trolls.

For those of you who care, go and look for the documents and read yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Agencies Move To Enforce 24 Hours Port Operation / Niger Governor Sani Bello Tests Positive For COVID-19 / 11 People Slumped At APC Presidential Primary – Ambulance Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.