Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi (650 Views)

Power Outage In Imo Beyond Us - Enugu Electricity Distribution Company / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / We Won’t Recognise Buhari As President Beyond May 29 – Opposition Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by RockHard: 5:55am On Aug 16, 2019
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/please-recognise-us-enugu-indigenous-muslims-beg-ugwuanyi/

ON AUGUST 15, 2019

By Chinedu Adonu

ENUGU – MUSLIM community in Enugu North senatorial districts, Thursday called on governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to recognise and include them in the affairs of governance.

The leader of the Muslim community, Alhaji Sani-Muhammed Ugwuanyi, who made this call during an interview in his residence at Nsukka, few days after Sallah celebration, commended Ugwuanyi for his commitment in delivering good governance.

Amir Ugwuanyi also pleaded with governor Ugwuanyi to activate his earlier appointment of the Muslim leader as a Board Member in the State.

According to him, the governor had appointed him as State Board member when he visited Igbo-Eze South Local Government Area, the Muslim leader’s council area, on December 23, 2019 for governorship campaign, on grounds that he was “bigger than my earlier appointment as Executive Assistant (EA)”.

He disclosed that Enugu indigenous Muslims immensely supported the governor’s election and re-election projects and attended all his campaigns during the 2019 election process because of their belief in him. But according to him, he had not seen or heard anything about either EA or Board appointment since Ugwuanyi’s, alleged, proclamation.

The Muslim leader, who commended the governor for his good works in the State since he assumed office in 2015, adding that, “he is performing; Governor Ugwuanyi is doing very well, no doubt about that,” also stressed that even though he would like the governor to activate the board appointment, but that he was more concerned about many of their indigenous members who were graduates but jobless.

“The issue is that in as much I want the hardworking governor to make true my appointment, I am more concerned about our children – Igbo Muslims of Enugu State extraction – young graduates but without jobs. We appeal to Governor Ugwuanyi to recognize us, our leaders and our children, and carry us along” he pleaded.

He however, lamented the alleged outrageous mismanagement of the affairs of the State’s Muslims Pilgrims Board (MPB) and called for the governor’s quick intervention to put the house in order. He noted that he had received several complaints from different quarters, and as well expressed dissatisfaction and lack of confidence on the present leadership of the board.

While stressing on the rising insecurity in the country, Amir Ugwuanyi, declared that the government knew the solution to the problem, saying that, “government, right from the central down the line, knows what to do to exterminate the problem or at least, drastically reduce it. Take it from me, they know what to do, no need stressing on it,” he insisted.

On herdsmen-related security challenges in the State, Amir Ugwuanyi stated that the Muslim community had a representative, in the person of Alhaji Yusuf Sambo, who he said was handling the matter, in partnership with the government, expressing hope that the situation would soon be over.

He commended Governor Ugwuanyi for his proactive, humble and peaceful manner of handling sensitive challenges and overall government architecture, and declared full confidence of the Muslim community in the governor.

Vanguard

Mynd44,
Lalasticlala,
OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by izzou(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2019
grin

I see nothing wrong in Sani-Mohammed Ugwuanyi's request

6 Likes

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by FlyoruB: 6:07am On Aug 16, 2019
izzou:
grin

Igbo Muslims seem to be getting more assertive in Igboland. cheesy cheesy grin grin And why not if not? After all, they are just as igbo as Jewish ipob Igbo, Catholic Igbo, Pentecostal Igbo, Okija Shrine-worshipping Igbo, Anglican Igbo, Animist Igbo, and so on and so forth. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2019
izzou:
grin

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by izzou(m): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2019
FlyoruB:

Igbo Muslims seem to be getting more assertive in Igboland. cheesy cheesy grin grin And why not if not? After all, they are just as igbo as Jewish ipob Igbo, Catholic Igbo, Pentecostal Igbo, Okija Shrine-worshipping Igbo, Animist Igbo, and so on and so forth. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Okay
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 16, 2019
They're from enugu...and are indigenous..

What other recognition do they need.. maybe ugwuayi will soon recognize shittes too..

Ndi ara..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by okosodo: 6:20am On Aug 16, 2019
They want to destroy igbo with islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2019
okosodo:
They want to destroy igbo with islam

Forget that one...

Igbo man no dey go where gain no dey...

Wait make government change...and nothing again from that way...

Na Dem go first jappa from Islam ...

Who Islam help for alaigbo....na today...

Some even follow them run go north after the war...wet Dem dey today...
Aboki never help himself finish ...na to help igbo man...

After all ...Dem selves no say na money make those ones ranting join Islam...

Igbos are not afons...

There must be something in for them...and they're so wise Dem no go fit carry am opendentially as afonja dey carry am...

Even they spokeman... investigate am well... His immediate family fit no know say himself na Muslim.

No be talk...

I don see em plenty... Even aboki Sabi...

Muslims for north..Christian for east..
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by kikelomo7430: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2019
i think he should
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by elchariotlp: 6:38am On Aug 16, 2019
Funny People everywhere.
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Simplyleo: 6:44am On Aug 16, 2019
FlyoruB:

Igbo Muslims seem to be getting more assertive in Igboland. cheesy cheesy grin grin And why not if not? After all, they are just as igbo as Jewish ipob Igbo, Catholic Igbo, Pentecostal Igbo, Okija Shrine-worshipping Igbo, Anglican Igbo, Animist Igbo, and so on and so forth. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
...and shiite igbos. cheesy
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Nbote(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2019
Were dey banned or restricted from existing or were dey banished from their land as indigenes? If dey are already indigenes what recognition are dey asking of? Ministry of Indigenous Muslims?
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Infinityk: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2019
bonnylight003:

Forget that one...

Igbo man no dey go where gain no dey...

Wait make government change...and nothing again from that way...

Na Dem go first jappa from Islam ...

Who Islam help for alaigbo....na today...

Some even follow them run go north after the war...wet Dem dey today...
Aboki never help himself finish ...na to help igbo man...

After all ...Dem selves no say na money make those ones ranting join Islam...

Igbos are not afons...

There must be something in for them...and they're so wise Dem no go fit carry am opendentially as afonja dey carry am...

Even they spokeman... investigate am well... His immediate family fit no know say himself na Muslim.

No be talk...

I don see em plenty... Even aboki Sabi...

Muslims for north..Christian for east..

Do u want me to give u the name of a prominent Igbo Muslim on fb?
I'm an atheist but when I see his post,its just somehow
If u want I can give u ten prominent Igbo Muslims on fb who are propagating Islam and are not even that different to Hausa's
If u really believe that there are no Igbo Muslim, then u have a baby brain
Its same as believing Fulanis don't have christians

1 Like

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Stingman: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2019
FlyoruB:

Kwantinue! When I descend on you now you brother, Seun, will hide the thread...You can check and see how man threads he shut down because you hypocrites run you mouth unguarded and got beaten silly and he had to shut the thread.
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Ctorch: 10:18am On Aug 16, 2019
lolzzzzz
Enugu state is no longer in the hands of God.
Enugu state is now in the hands of Allah.
Sani-mohammed ugwuanyi....lolzzz

Amir ugwuanyi........

So Enugu has finally chosen Islam as their mode of worship.
I used to say that religious tolerance is good as it breeds unity.

let me hear some complain of herdsmen from that side again.
Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by FlyoruB: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2019
Stingman:

Kwantinue! When I descend on you now you brother, Seun, will hide the thread...You can check and see how man threads he shut down because you hypocrites run you mouth unguarded and got beaten silly and he had to shut the thread.

E pain am. cheesy grin Where is the lie in my comment? Isn't Alhaji Sani-Muhammed Ugwuanyi an Igbo man again? Igbo comes first before any religion, abi no be so? tongue If you guys hate muslims so much that you are willing to deny Igbo Muslims in your midst, why not kuku chase all muslims from Igboland. Bloody hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Please Recognise Us, Enugu Indigenous Muslims Beg Ugwuanyi by Les: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2019
Igbo Muslims? grin 8th wonder of the world grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I’m Overhauling Police Force To Overcome Insecurity – Buhari / El-zakzaky Has Iran’s Backing To Create Islamic State In Nigeria – FG / South East Governors Meet Tukur Buratai In Enugu: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.