Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,316 members, 7,846,394 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

The Only Impossible Journey Is The One You Never Begin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Only Impossible Journey Is The One You Never Begin (158 Views)

The Journey Is So Short / Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd / Eat For The Journey Is Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Only Impossible Journey Is The One You Never Begin by GistwithEsther: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2019
THE ONLY IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY IS THE ONE YOU NEVER BEGIN

How many times have you been told “That’s Impossible!” in your life? Whether it was by someone in authority, a peer or even by yourself? I can’t count the number of times I have told myself it’s impossible, and the number of times I have also been told. I have had so many things happen in my life that pointed a red flag that it’s not achievable. But they say, ‘the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.’ (Lao Tzu)

Many times in your life you will hear variations on this statement. Oftentimes just when you are hearing “it can’t be done” we find ourselves stepping aside and getting out of the way while someone is doing it. You tend to scream within you, “I had that idea way back, but I felt it was impossible “. That’s the nature of impossible. It always seems impossible until it’s done.

Our struggles are real. I get that. But sometimes we get so caught up in the struggle, we seem to discount the fact that there’s not only a way to do it, but that quite likely, someone else is probably already doing it. Nelson Mandela said “it is only impossible until it is done”.

People tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you’re fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly.” (Elizabeth Gilbert).

Dream big, develop yourself, unleash your potential, play well with others, play to your strengths, enjoy the process, share your unique gifts with the world, and grow your greatness by testing yourself, expanding yourself, learning and improving.

You are your best investment. After all, you take you with you wherever you go. Whether you are growing greater at your strengths, reducing your liabilities, or expanding what you are capable of, personal development is a path.It’s a path of personal greatness, and a way to be YOUR best.

I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life’s greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.”

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” (Vince Lombardi). “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”(Jimmy Johnson).

Many times we think it’s about our skill, or experience, or funding, or network, or starting point, and all of those things are factors, but the biggest factor is our level of commitment. And the bigger the goal, the bigger the commitment. It’s not our energy level, it’s the way in which we see ourselves and what we are capable of. There are no high energy or low energy people, there are just people who know their purpose and others who have not yet uncovered it.

A thousand things which were impossible twenty years ago are so common today. It was once impossible for a man to walk on the moon, once impossible to transplant organs, once impossible for a man to run a mile in 4 minutes, once impossible to do a lot of things.

Seeking out the impossible is human nature. Many people have told themselves or been told something was impossible and it spurred them on to work harder to achieve it. Seeking the impossible is a great way to stand out in your career. No matter what that career might be — scientist, runner, climber or what they really are… an explorer. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”(Andre Gide).

At work, seek out the impossible. Ask about the projects no one wants to do. Then do them, look for the hard problems. They will challenge you, test you and define you. These are the things that will help you Stand Out in Your Career. And, the next time you hear someone say … “That’s Impossible!” start looking around for someone doing it. Perhaps that someone will be you. You know if you place an hyphen in the word “impossible”, it becomes “I’m possible”.

At the beginning of any journey, the destination always seems so far away. Taking a road trip, running a marathon, graduating from college, having a baby, starting a business, all seem so far off and maybe even a bit impossible. Look around for what is lacking around you, try to fill in the gap.

Everything seems impossible on some level. But don't let that stop you from trying, and taking the steps to do make it happen. You never know what dreams and goals you can actually make happen, and that impossibility you felt before? Hopefully the thing you're left with is a bigger dream to make happen.

“Where do we start?” Here. We start here and now. We might fall on our butts but we must use “failure” to readjust toward success. Remember, THE ONLY IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY IS THE ONE YOU NEVER BEGIN.
#GistwithEsther

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / How To Know Someone Is About To Commit Suicide / RCCG House Fellowship Leaders Manual, Sunday 18th August , 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.