Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (20007 Views)

Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 11 Years After His Death / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Bokelola7: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2019
Oche211:
Continue to Rest in Peace.
A good man with a great heart.
Nigeria's best president.
In just 2 years, we felt ur impact, only God knows how much u would have transformed Nigeria in 8 years.
REST IN PEACE

What a Great President we had.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Mozegee: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2019
A man with a good heart,a man who believes weda igbo,hausa or yoruba are one.The best prasident,who would have make nigeria a good place for all of us.But my Dad use to tell me that good thing dont last.Rest my president,i pray Allah will recieve u in his bossom.You are good man and your memories will foreve live in us.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Unie30: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2019
RIP Sir.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olorunnim: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

That's why ur name is abdulazeez
Na 2001 them born am he no Sabi anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by brownbib(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2019
A good man.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by IkemChris(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2019
Good men don't always last long.... Continue to Rest in peace my best president of all time in Nigeria
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by wakes: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2019
He was a good man
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Equity15(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2019
cidieschat:
Meanwhile when he died people were happy, because of tribal sentiments...

This country is screwed, in as much as I don't support the present administration but I believe this ethnic war is a problem, imagine a cab driver saying he's not comfort with an hausa man and youruba man being President and Vice, so I asked him where he would want them to come from.. He said South South.

I asked him, what direct benefit did you get from the South when we had our brother, he said JONATHAN REMOVED ARABIC HAND WRITINGS FROM THE 100 NAIRA NOTE.. My God this country is finished
which people were happy when he died? y'all just talk anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Equity15(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Which impacts?
majority of Nigerians felt his impact...please, if he isn't the best, then who's the best? maybe we should open a thread for that cos I've never seen such on nairaland.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
Equity15:
majority of Nigerians felt his impact...please, if he isn't the best, then who's the best? maybe we should open a thread for that cos I've never seen such on nairaland.

And i asked which impacts
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by abdulazeez1002(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

That's why ur name is abdulazeez
Ipob
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Equity15(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

And i asked which impacts
how he handled the Niger delta crisis, with his policies, Nigerians were less divisive, infact, there was almost noting like tribal war on nairaland, didn't increase fuel price, increased the pay of military men, I stayed in the barracks then, I mean he increased a new recruited soldier's salary from about 12k to 30k, then to 43k or so. Gej then added 2k or so which makes it 45k presently...when yar'adu announced the increase, the top military men then didn't implement it, he came down from his convoy at aso rock gate and asked a soldier how much he was being paid, the soldier told him he still received the same amount he had been receiving. I think he called the army chief or so and later that month soldiers were paid the new salary in full + all the arrears they've been hoarding since the new salary was implemented. this is true. cos I was a witness, this isn't hearsay. thank you

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Equity15:
how he handled the Niger delta crisis, with his policies, Nigerians were less divisive, infact, there was almost noting like tribal war on nairaland, didn't increase fuel price, increased the pay of military men, I stayed in the barracks then, I mean he increased a new recruited soldier's salary from about 12k to 30k, then to 43k or so. Gej then added 2k or so which makes it 45k presently...when yar'adu announced the increase, the top military men then didn't implement it, he came down from his convoy at aso rock gate and asked a soldier how much he was being paid, the soldier told him he still received the same amount he had been receiving. I think he called the army chief or so and later that month soldiers were paid the new salary in full + all the arrears they've been hoarding since the new salary was implemented. this is true. cos I was a witness, this isn't hearsay. thank you
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by bangbangall: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
He was a great man.

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2019
Equity15:

"" he increased a new recruited soldier's salary from about 12k to 30k, then to 43k or so.""

This is false. Nigerian recruit soldiers didnt earn 12k in 2007

His major achievement was the equality he brought into Nigeria as a nation, he tried his best to make sure that everyone is represented and taken care of, he even ended the monopoly OBJ and Dangote exacted on Nigerians in the cement sector.

Again he offered a listening ear and ended militant crisis in the Niger delta region, a massive achievement.

But as always, a northerner must be a northerner. He nearly nearly nearly shutdown the NIPP. He said the program should be shutdown because none of the 10 NIPP gas turbines was located in northern Nigeria, (though there was at list 1 or 2 gas turbines in Geregu Kogi state), it is only in election that middle belt is considered as northerner.

It was those 10 NIPP gas turbines that made it possible for us to have an installed n transmittable total power of 5000MW in Nigeria, GEJ made that possible because he completed 6 of those gas turbines n increased our power generation from 2000MW to 5000MW

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by inyenejo(m): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
RIP sir .....buharigg is the worst President in Africa unlike this noble man
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by jboycrb(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
badboywizzy:
He'll forever be remembered as one of the best president Nigeria has ever had. Keep on resting sir.

He is the best

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Masionreay: 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
cidieschat:
Meanwhile when he died people were happy, because of tribal sentiments...

This country is screwed, in as much as I don't support the present administration but I believe this ethnic war is a problem, imagine a cab driver saying he's not comfort with an hausa man and youruba man being President and Vice, so I asked him where he would want them to come from.. He said South South.

I asked him, what direct benefit did you get from the South when we had our brother, he said JONATHAN REMOVED ARABIC HAND WRITINGS FROM THE 100 NAIRA NOTE.. My God this country is finished
You concocted this story... You're the real tribalistic man. U know that Buhari/ Osinbajo's combination is the worst.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by jiddama(f): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:
not just from Kastina, but from Daura as well.......

Nope, he's not from Daura, he's from katsina (local government).
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Onyeka8: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
RIP your Excellency Amen.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Equity15(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

"" he increased a new recruited soldier's salary from about 12k to 30k, then to 43k or so.""

This is false. Nigerian recruit soldiers didnt earn 12k in 2007

His major achievement was the equality he brought into Nigeria as a nation, he tried his best to make sure that everyone is represented and taken care of, he even ended the monopoly OBJ and Dangote exacted on Nigerians in the cement sector.

Again he offered a listening ear and ended militant crisis in the Niger delta region, a massive achievement.

But as always, a northerner must be a northerner. He nearly nearly nearly shutdown the NIPP. He said the program should be shutdown because none of the 10 NIPP gas turbines was located in northern Nigeria, (though there was at list 1 or 2 gas turbines in Geregu Kogi state), it is only in election that middle belt is considered as northerner.

It was those 10 NIPP gas turbines that made it possible for us to have an installed n transmittable total power of 5000MW in Nigeria, GEJ made that possible because he completed 6 of those gas turbines n increased our power generation from 2000MW to 5000MW
yah I didn't say in 2007 ,I said during his tenure.. really can't remember the year but ya'ardu did the increase definitely. i'm a witness and any soldier from 79NA downwards knows about it. about the NIPP, everyone makes mistakes or foolish decisions, he was 100% but was the best we had.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
Equity15:
yah I didn't say in 2007 ,I said during his tenure.. really can't remember the year but ya'ardu did the increase definitely. i'm a witness and any soldier from 79NA downwards knows about it. about the NIPP, everyone makes mistakes or foolish decisions, he was 100% but was the best we had.

GEJ was the best president Nigeria ever had.

Whatever u have listed that Yaradua did in terms of bringing peace to us all, loving every tribe, treating everyone fairly no matter if they are igbo, Hausa or yoruba, increassing soldiers salary, Etc. GEJ did it all as well.

And on top of that, GEJ did a massive infrastructural developments across Nigeria even though he was there for a short while (5 years), he did far more work than presidents who stayed 8 years.

U also forgot to add that Yaradua started boko haram
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Beetobee(f): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
Up Leos!!! We rock. IBB's next-17th.
May his gentle soul continue to rest in perfect peace.
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2019
Phlegmatic007:
Great man RIP
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Leo588(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
Karrisleo:
His manhood lives forever grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy This man
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by BabesWodumo: 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
mvem:
yaraduwa is full fulani and who told you northerners hated him

THEY HATE HIM, THE OTHER DAY EL-RUFAI WAS MOCKING HIS DEATH
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by dododawa1: 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Mozegee:
A man with a good heart,a man who believes weda igbo,hausa or yoruba are one.The best prasident,who would have make nigeria a good place for all of us.But my Dad use to tell me that good thing dont last.Rest my president,i pray Allah will recieve u in his bossom.You are good man and your memories will foreve live in us.
i did disagree with the statement,good thing never last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Enters COVID-19 Fourth Wave / Every Nigerian Wants To Take Pictures With Me – Wike / Some Nigerians Don’t Want Power Sector To Work – Minister Of Power, Adelabu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.