Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference (5296 Views)

Fresh Crisis Hits PDP Over Planned Reform Conference / Register To Attend The First National Youth Reform Conference In Nigeria / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by auwal87(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2010
I think what should be done in 2012 is Referendum or Reform Conference, which ever name they choose to call it. Of which all issues pertaining religious diversity ethnic and communal strife among the entire populace of the country must be addressed. A solution must be urgently sought after without being selfish or being biased or putting interest of a particular ethnic or religious group in front.

Even though I am from North, I believe it is very unfair to completely tap out the wealth of oil buried on the grounds of Niger Delta (which may run out anytime soon) without having any side benefiting from the wealth. I prefer to have a wealthy and prosperous neighbor than end up in a country full of mess and unpatriotic people.

[MODIFIED] Sorry about that.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by ayusman16(m): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
who cares? Hunger go catch una.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2010
Will this Hausaland also include non-Hausa northerners?
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2010
It will be good for Nigeria,they are the problem of the partnership called Nigeria.We will bring AId to your govt.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by auwal87(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
ayusman16:

who cares? Hunger go catch una.

We exists hundreds of years before Nigeria exists, who was feeding our Nation? We will still exists as a Nation even without Nigeria. Our people will prosper.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by auwal87(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2010
afam4eva:

Will this Hausaland also include non-Hausa northerners?

Yes, Hausa is the official language, English is the second language. All those born in Hausaland are citizens of Hausaland by birth, no matter their ethnicity. More details will be on the constitution when published.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Obiagu1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2010
auwal87:

Subjects reviewed, after series of consultations and meetings, Arewa Republic will now be called Hausaland (Kasar Hausa).

Constitution of Hausaland will be published early next year, and will be made available online for everybody, official website will be launched on the same day, while open declaration will be made. Prominent people will unveil their support for Hausaland both within and outside the territory.

Igbos will give you maximum support too.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by jason12345: 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
auwal87:

Subjects reviewed, after series of consultations and meetings, Arewa Republic will now be called Hausaland (Kasar Hausa).

Constitution of Hausaland will be published early next year, and will be made available online for everybody, official website will be launched on the same day, while open declaration will be made. Prominent people will unveil their support for Hausaland both within and outside the territory.
LOL!!!! You want to kill me with laughter grin grin grin grin
what happens to the fulanis
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by rotimy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2010
@POSTER:::Wake up from the fantasy world and do ther things. Your project will not see the light of the day.
Are you thinking that Idomas, Tivs, Beroms, fulanis, kajas, Kanuris and others will be alive to answer HAUSALAND OR EVEN AREWA? Go back to the drawing board and stop joking.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by AndreUweh(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2010
This idiotic posts should be confined to the waste bin.
@As for the poster, the areas that may agree with your moronic idea includes: Katsiona, Bauchi, Gombe, kano, Jigawa, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara.
Do you expect Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi states to accept that they are Hausas. How about the Tivs, Idomas and Igbos in Benue state. Also, The Biroms and Angas in Plateau state who have been fighting with the Hausas since 160 years now.
What a joke.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
The Fulani are the overlords of Hausaland, so shouldn't it be called Futa Hausa. lol tongue
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by jason12345: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

This idiotic posts should be confined to the waste bin.
@As for the poster, the areas that may agree with your moronic idea includes: Katsiona, Bauchi, Gombe, kano, Jigawa, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara.
Do you expect Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi states to accept that they are Hausas. How about the Tivs, Idomas and Igbos in Benue state. Also, The Biroms and Angas in Plateau state who have been fighting with the Hausas since 160 years now.
What a joke.
GBAM!
EzeUche0:

The Fulani are the overlords of Hausaland, so shouldn't it be called Futa Hausa. lol tongue
The fulanis are their kings. if they try any nonsense, they will be killed in the thousands and they know it.lol smiley smiley smiley.
At OP
YOU better change that title to fulani land. grin grin grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by udezue(m): 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
Their Fulani masters will deal with them. grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by AndreUweh(m): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
The Sokoto caliphate never covered the entire northern Nigeria. Bornu, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Benue, Plateau and Kogi states never came under Hausa or Fulani rule. The idea of Fulaniland or Hausaland is an insult to natives of those state mentioned as well as non Hausa/Fulani in Niger state, Kaduna state, Kwara state and Nasarawa states.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Vindy: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2010
Abeg make we see road.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The Sokoto caliphate never covered the entire northern Nigeria. Bornu, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Benue, Plateau and Kogi states never came under Hausa or Fulani rule. The idea of Fulaniland or Hausaland is an insult to natives of those state mentioned as well as non Hausa/Fulani in Niger state, Kaduna state, Kwara state and Nasarawa states.

Lets be honest without ourselves, the only people who can say they successfully repelled the Fulani during Uthman dan Fodio's Fulani Jihad are the people of the Kanem-Bornu empire. Sani Abacha's people dealt with the Hausa-Fulani, but the Middle Belt would have been conquered if it wasn't for the British intervening.

Futa Hausa. . . That is what the land should be known as. lol
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by AndreUweh(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

Lets be honest without ourselves, the only people who can say they successfully repelled the Fulani during Uthman dan Fodio's Fulani Jihad are the people of the Kanem-Bornu empire. Sani Abacha's people dealt with the Hausa-Fulani, but the Middle Belt would have been conquered if it wasn't for the British intervening.

Futa Hausa. . . That is what the land should be known as. lol
I do understand your views, the bottom line is that those groups are not Hausas nor Fulanis.
If the north becomes a sovereign nation, Arewa, Hausa or Fulani as a name will not be suitable. Probably, northern Nigeria will be their best bet.
Has anyone wondered why the then Eastern Nigeria did not choose Enyimba or Alaigbo as earlier debated prior to the declaration of Biafra.
The Hausa or Fulani should respect other groups in the north who are of different stock from them.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I do understand your views, the bottom line is that those groups are not Hausas nor Fulanis.
If the north becomes a sovereign nation, Arewa, Hausa or Fulani as a name will not be suitable. Probably, northern Nigeria will be their best bet.
Has anyone wondered why the then Eastern Nigeria did not choose Enyimba or Alaigbo as earlier debated prior to the declaration of Biafra.
The Hausa or Fulani should respect other groups in the north who are of different stock from them.

We Igbos are more accommodating than the Hausa-Fulani. These Hausa-Fulani consider most of these northern minorities as slaves, in which during the time of the Sokoto Caliphate, these people were slaves to them. They only respect the Kanuri, because they know that the Kanuri can call their brothers from Chad and Cameroon to help them.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Onlytruth(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2010
If only there is way to surgically excise these guys from Nigeria. I would give them 100% support.

In any case I'm not bothered about the rest of northerners if they accept to go along.

I eagerly await that constitution.

Long live Hausaland! cool
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by jason12345: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

If only there is way to surgically excise these guys from Nigeria. I would give them 100% support.

In any case I'm not bothered about the rest of northerners if they accept to go along.

I eagerly await that constitution.

Long live Hausaland! cool
lol, u mean fulaniland, the poster can't even talk anymore cause he knows if the fulanis catch him posting this rubbish about hausaland, chei, no food for the hausas for the next two week , na death be that!!! smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy grin grin grin lol.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Jarus(m): 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2010
Auwal,
Are you Hausa version of Becomrich?
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hausaland, don't worry, we will always come and buy pepper and cows from you people okay?

don't forget to make suya in a modern way too oo tongue
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2010
I luv me some suya! Very tasty indeed.

Hausa really know how to prepare beef.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by udezue(m): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
Make dem waka with their trouble and form their Republic. If u like call it DanFodio republic I no care as long as I don't have to share same entity with yall. If I can I will even sponsor u people sef.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by excanny: 12:35am On Oct 22, 2010
You guys should take it easy on the OP. When i initially saw his post, i was happy, not because of what he said, but because Hausa-Fulani has been virtually non-existent on this forum. I was glad to see him representing.

Anyway, i'll surely miss kilishi if Hausa-Fulani goes. grin grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 12:45am On Oct 22, 2010
I agree. We need more Hausas in this forum. They are underrepresented. And they are suppose to be a major Nigerian ethnic group.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by chyz(m): 12:54am On Oct 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

I agree. We need more Hausas in this forum. They are underrepresented. And they are suppose to be a major Nigerian ethnic group.

Using computers is Haram. grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 22, 2010
Why can't chyz represent the Hausa community? undecided
He's half.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 12:57am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

He's half.

shocked shocked shocked

Is this true chyz?
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

shocked shocked shocked

Is this true chyz?

You didnt know?
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by chyz(m): 1:25am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

He's half.

Ara gba gbuo gi. Osule gi ozo,ikwikwi?
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by EzeUche0(m): 1:27am On Oct 22, 2010
chyz:

Ara gba gbuo gi. Osule gi ozo,ikwikwi?

Does she know Igbo as well? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money / House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” / Ghana Beats Jamaica To Become Number One Indian Hemp(weed) Smoking Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.