Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

My HIV Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My HIV Story (1892 Views)

See My HIV Test Result!! / My HIV Test Result - The Shock Of My Life / Sex With Prostitute: My HIV/AIDS Test And Result Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My HIV Story by gracehunt: 4:09am On Aug 17, 2019
PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO READ TILL THE END

Sometimes early this year, precisely on the 3rd of February, I had an unprotected sex with a friend. It was one of the most stupid things I've ever done. I allowed my adrenaline to get better of me and I suffered the harsh consequences of my action. Prior to this, I was a guy that had an optimistic attitude towards life. I wasn't balling hard or rich, but I had plans and was passionately in pursuance of success.

Two days after the sex, i started feeling weird. I had cramps in my legs, my stomach hurt and started having unusual typhoid-like symptoms. The first thing that came to my mind was the sex I had two days back. And being the inquisitive type I am, I googled some of my symptoms and Google brought HIV. Oh yeah, that was the beginning of a long tribulation. I rushed to a clinic a day later to get prep, but the doctor refused to give me on the grounds that I never confirmed if the girl in question was really positive. Instead, he advised me to treat myself of malaria and typhoid, which I duly obliged. Subsequently, I pleaded and forced the girl to take hiv tests, and being a medical lab student herself, she had the kits at her disposal, but she tested negative. I never believed her though and always felt she could be lying or even using expired or fake kits despite her sending me video evidence. But then, my extensive readings on hiv (especially on thebody.com) exposed me to indepth knowledge about the virus and I got to know there was a particular windows period in which hiv antibody tests aren't expected to pick up the virus and show positive. And this ranges from within 4 weeks to 3 months in 95% of the people, and 6 months in very few people especially those that have had autoimmune diseases or certain types of chemo in the past. I also got to know about hiv anxiety - a condition where people had psychological manifestations (pyshical symptoms) of hiv fears. These and many more worsened my condition, and I began moving from one symptoms to another, skin rashes, recurring cough, recurring tongues sores, skin issues, bumps, stomach ache, indigestion, loss of weight, small lymph nodes in my neck or chest, itching, skin peeling, dry skin, loose stools, purging, farting, smelly and colored urine, etc. I literally admitted right in my mind that I was already positive, and despite the fact that my girlfriend and the girl had several tests that were negative, I never for once believed I was free of the virus. Rather, I spent almost 15 hours of my daily life browsing about HIV.

Within February to MAY, I had 6 hiv tests (One Elisa and 5 Antibody quick tests). All were repeatedly negative. I also had syphilis and hepatitis A and B tests which were also negative. The ridiculous thing through all these was that I was never ashamed to discuss my worries with any medical practitioner I met most of who tended to always play down my fears. But immediately I read something about hiv symptoms, my body starts manifesting the particular symptoms I read. My parents and sibblings got worried, and it even got to a stage they started suggesting going spiritual. It was that worst. I was at my lows all through the period and was even suicidal at a point. I couldn't concentrate on things that mattered to me before. I was all focused on my health - my fear of a virus I never had.

After i repeatedly tested negative after three months, I was relieved but it was short lived as I started feeling weird again few days after with even more pronounced symptoms. I read countable accounts of documented cases of people who tested positive 6 months after testing negative at the 3 months. So I had to journey to hell again for another 3 months. This time, the symptoms were even worse. The girl I had sex with was tired of my frequent request and resorted to cursing me anytime she sees my messages. I was very very scared. But yesterday, at exactly 6 months and 12 days, I went for the advised confirmatory hiv test at a teaching hospital and the result remained negative. While I am thankful to God for granting me grace, I believe it's necessary to spread the news that HIV is real, and HIV anxiety is even deadlier.

The important lessons I ve learnt through this tribulation include:

1. Hiv is real. The symptoms mimic a lot of other normal day-to-day illnesses and typically start within 2-4 weeks after contracting the virus. Thebody.com is a nice website to learn extensively about the virus.

2. It's important to know your status. Knowledge is always better than ignorance. You get the result typically in few minutes.

3. It's not the most promiscuous among us that end up with the virus. Many people living with the virus were just unlucky.

4. Be kind to whoever you meet on your journey through life. Your kindness may be a succour to a dying soul.

5. Having hiv-like symptoms doesn't necessarily mean you have hiv. Only a test can determine your status.

6. Never Google your symptoms. It's tantamount to inviting depression.

7. Sex is overrated. Its negative consequences are by far weightier than the temporary joy it gives.

8. Don't wait for symptoms to know your status. Go for tests if you're sexually active.

9. Having hiv is never the end of the world. You will be surprised to know the number of big men including professionals that are living with the virus. They continue to enjoy life to its fullest and most likely won't die as a result of the virus.
10. Fees your mind with positivity always. We tend to underrate our mind, but it's arguably the most important part of our being

11. Your nuclear family is a treasure, cherish them while you can.

My heart goes out to everyone living with the virus. Y'all remain strong. Thanks

N. B: I've been requested by my doctor to go for other tests to ascertain the real condition of my health, but at least I can rest assured I escaped hiv.

Cc lalasticlala. Please this needs maximum exposure to help others

5 Likes

Re: My HIV Story by RiyadhGoddess(f): 5:10am On Aug 17, 2019
Whaooooo
Thanks for sharing this Op.
That is why what we read or what we hear can either make us or mar us.
Me as a person, I am always careful of what I read or listen to because that is what starts to play in my head or heart.
Even though the Bible says Faith comes by "HEARING" I also believe Fears comes by "HEARING" too. Our EAR listen to what we read. The word we EAR even if it is by reading is very very powerful. Look at it "...We overcame by the Word..."
Op, I Pray for you this morning to be healed from whatever sickness that is troubling your body In the name of Jesus. Jesus already paid the price at the cross. So therefore Sickness should have no place in your body. By Jesus Stripes you are HEALED!!! I speak to that Spirit of Infirmity Right now to LEAVE to never return in the name of Jesus.
Op, please as you seek medication, as you go for routine check up and treatment, Please always use the priestly authority of Christ in you to speak to that infirmity. What many of you dont know is that they can hear. Even when it seems that the symptoms are still there, keep speaking never stop. You spirit of infirmity, I dont care what name the doctor called you, you have no legal ground in my body. Jesus has paid the price. He died at the cross of calvary for me Shilekunola go ahead mention your name. Jesus died for me so I can be healthy. I lay all this bodily pains, I lay all this tiredness, I lay all this fever, I lay all this headache, I lay all this infirmities AT THE CROSS!!! If the doctor gave it a name, LAY IT AT THE CROSS Dear!!! And shout it out in faith, I AM HEALED I AM HEALED I AM HEALED!!!
Ohhhhhhh there's something called Supernatural healing. Even the doctors knows it and have seen it happen even though their work ethics wont permit them to talk about it. The doctors gives you drug, yes take it. At the same time as you use the doctor medication, also chew the word of God in overdose. These two medications are very very important. The Good part is, you can have an overdose of the Word of God but you can't have an overdose of the doctor prescription. When the doctor says take just two paracetamol, take it just as prescribed but make sure you take more of I AM HEALED in excess in overdose. There are many verses in the Bible which talks about Healing, these verses are medicines, Chew as many as you can. Ohhhh God, these people needs to be thought how to take charge of their bodies. They need to be thought how to use their authority in Christ. Dont allow the devil leave you helpless or in a vegetative state.The devil will always hang around reminding you of the symptoms. Whenever the bastard does that, cast him out. Get thee behind me Satan! I AM HEALED! Tell him. Mention your name I AM HEALED! Take your mind away from it. One key instrument of the devil is FEAR. Do not allow Fear. Uhmm when fears come, just whisper to the idiot, God has not given me the spirit of fear but of sound mind, braveness, GET OUT! I AM HEALED!
Now in faith begin to do the things which you couldn't do before. If you couldn't eat well before, Tell yourself I have my appetite back. My appetite is restored in Jesus name. Watch as it comes back gradually. Yesterday it was just a spoon, tomorrow it increases to three spoons next day it increases to five spoons like that like that.
Oh Jesus, Op, get a living church to prepare you a communion. The Holy communion is another medicine that many of you aren't aware of. The communion is not meant to be taken when people are dying as i use to think before but the commuion is also a medicine just like your anti biotics, just like your paracetamol, just like your vitamins, just like your tonic etc I would have love to share my own testimonies on how the communion has healed me so many times but now some of you have to get to that realm to understand what i am talking about...
Please Op, get it from a living church because there are many polluted communion out there. Take as much as you can. Take it along with your doctor prescribed medication, the word of God and the Holy communion. Please do these 3 Op.
My contact is on my signature. I would love to hear from you to know how it's going. You are in my prayers. Remember, YOU ARE HEALED!!!

Good morning FAM and happy weekend to you all.
Read my signature

2 Likes

Re: My HIV Story by Lucasinho(m): 5:13am On Aug 17, 2019
angry

God saved u indeed.

And to our Raw blodaaz, place always wear ur raincoat as August break is coming to an end. tongue

2 Likes

Re: My HIV Story by gracehunt: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
Whaooooo
Thanks for sharing this Op.
That is why what we read or what we hear can either make us or mar us.
Me as a person, I am always careful of what I read or listen to because that is what starts to play in my head or heart.
Even though the Bible says Faith comes by "HEARING" I also believe Fears comes by "HEARING" too. Our EAR listen to what we read. The word we EAR even if it is by reading is very very powerful. Look at it "...We overcame by the Word..."
Op, I Pray for you this morning to be healed from whatever sickness that is troubling your body In the name of Jesus. Jesus already paid the price at the cross. So therefore Sickness should have no place in your body. By Jesus Stripes you are HEALED!!! I speak to that Spirit of Infirmity Right now to LEAVE to never return in the name of Jesus.
Op, please as you seek medication, as you go for routine check up and treatment, Please always use the priestly authority of Christ in you to speak to that infirmity. What many of you dont know is that they can hear. Even when it seems that the symptoms are still there, keep speaking never stop. You spirit of infirmity, I dont care what name the doctor called you, you have no legal ground in my body. Jesus has paid the price. He died at the cross of calvary for me Shilekunola go ahead mention your name. Jesus died for me so I can be healthy. I lay all this bodily pains, I lay all this tiredness, I lay all this fever, I lay all this headache, I lay all this infirmities AT THE CROSS!!! If the doctor gave it a name, LAY IT AT THE CROSS Dear!!! And shout it out in faith, I AM HEALED I AM HEALED I AM HEALED!!!
Ohhhhhhh there's something called Supernatural healing. Even the doctors knows it and have seen it happen even though their work ethics wont permit them to talk about it. The doctors gives you drug, yes take it. At the same time as you use the doctor medication, also chew the word of God in overdose. These two medications are very very important. The Good part is, you can have an overdose of the Word of God but you can't have an overdose of the doctor prescription. When the doctor says take just two paracetamol, take it just as prescribed but make sure you take more of I AM HEALED in excess in overdose. There are many verses in the Bible which talks about Healing, these verses are medicines, Chew as many as you can. Ohhhh God, these people needs to be thought how to take charge of their bodies. They need to be thought how to use their authority in Christ. Dont allow the devil leave you helpless or in a vegetative state.The devil will always hang around reminding you of the symptoms. Whenever the bastard does that, cast him out. Get thee behind me Satan! I AM HEALED! Tell him. Mention your name I AM HEALED! Take your mind away from it. One key instrument of the devil is FEAR. Do not allow Fear. Uhmm when fears come, just whisper to the idiot, God has not given me the spirit of fear but of sound mind, braveness, GET OUT! I AM HEALED!
Now in faith begin to do the things which you couldn't do before. If you couldn't eat well before, Tell yourself I have my appetite back. My appetite is restored in Jesus name. Watch as it comes back gradually. Yesterday it was just a spoon, tomorrow it increases to three spoons next day it increases to five spoons like that like that.
Oh Jesus, Op, get a living church to prepare you a communion. The Holy communion is another medicine that many of you aren't aware of. The communion is not meant to be taken when people are dying as i use to think before but the commuion is also a medicine just like your anti biotics, just like your paracetamol, just like your vitamins, just like your tonic etc I would have love to share my own testimonies on how the communion has healed me so many times but now some of you have to get to that realm to understand what i am talking about...
Please Op, get it from a living church because there are many polluted communion out there. Take as much as you can. Take it along with your doctor prescribed medication, the word of God and the Holy communion. Please do these 3 Op.
My contact is on my signature. I would love to hear from you to know how it's going. You are in my prayers. Remember, YOU ARE HEALED!!!

Good morning FAM and happy weekend to you all.
Read my signature
Thank you!
Re: My HIV Story by gracehunt: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2019
Lucasinho:
angry

God saved u indeed.

And to our Raw blodaaz, place always wear ur raincoat as August break is coming to an end. tongue
Thank you bro
Re: My HIV Story by kayabd(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
O.P......hw are you feeling now because ur story is 100% similar to mine.

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Male Organ? / Latest On JOHESU Strike / Health Effects Of Seasoning Cubes You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.