Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. (1168 Views)

Am Stucked In Writing A Javascript Program / I Need Resources For Codeigniter, I'm Currently Stucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by Johnmattee(m): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2019
Hello guys in the house, I'm a newbie in programming. I started with Javascript and i've been learning for over a year now. I use books, videos, go online. I found it easy to learn the basics but advanced JS concepts was difficult for me to understand, making me to move from one book to another. I just feel frustrated when i can't wrap my head around those topics. I just wanna move fast past this learning stage and proceed to learning something and start building something but i feel like i don't know enough to go ahead.Expert in the house, Your advice will surely be appreciated. Thanks! smiley
Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by MasterGramnet(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2019
And What Was Your Facts In Those Books U Jumped Into, Criticising Books Or Oneself Is Bad, Acknowledge God In Ur Making, I Always Say That Qualities Plays Key Roles In Learning Programming Or Mayb I Will Say It Isn't Ur Talent But I Wouldn't Discourage U, Beginner - Advance Learning Then Being An Expert Is An Every-Day-Learning Process Or Rather Continue Reading Or Did U Want To Carry 20 Programming Textbooks In Ur Small Head, Over-Loading Ur Brain, Just Try To Be Conversant With Them And Everything Will Go Normal If I Must Say.

1 Like

Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by Johnmattee(m): 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
Thanks, I really appreciate. I'll stay motivated.
Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by hardebayho(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
What I'd advise you to do is simple..

Just try to build something with the little you've learnt.. Sitting down with books is not going to get anything done.. Actually, the basics is all you need..

You can only master the advanced concepts when you're working on an active project, not sitting down with some book and thinking everything will stick..

My point is, find some project to work on, no matter how small or huge.. You'll definitely learn something as you progress

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by Johnmattee(m): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2019
hardebayho:
What I'd advise you to do is simple..

Just try to build something with the little you've learnt.. Sitting down with books is not going to get anything done.. Actually, the basics is all you need..

You can only master the advanced concepts when you're working on an active project, not sitting down with some book and thinking everything will stick..

My point is, find some project to work on, no matter how small or huge.. You'll definitely learn something as you progress
Thanks bro. I'll start something.
Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by afuye(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
My advise is also very simple. follow up a code YouTube project by John smilga on YouTube and code don't watch without coding. Try to critic what you don't know.

After finishing the course , delete the source code and code it from the start yourself. But before you do that, write the logic you will implement by commenting what you want to do. When you run into issues use the console to debug, and try to think well, it well you forget but trying to recall is good, you head will ache or explode it is normal and fun . It is normal part of the process to think but not necessary you repeat the same line of codes the tutor has written because there are many ways to implement a logic or Google for answer. Good developers Google for solutions but make sure u understand what u want to copy

If after many failed attempts,try watch the part of the course that solves the problem and continue the projects yourself. Continue with another course and replicate untill you are satisfied you can do it on your own.

Call me if you need my help 0818____ 54--3__13_19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by Johnmattee(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
afuye:
My advise is also very simple. follow up a code YouTube project by John smilga on YouTube and code don't watch without coding. Try to critic what you don't know.

After finishing the course , delete the source code and code it from the start yourself. But before you do that, write the logic you will implement by commenting what you want to do. When you run into issues use the console to debug, and try to think well, it well you forget but trying to recall is good, you head will ache or explode it is normal and fun . It is normal part of the process to think but not necessary you repeat the same line of codes the tutor has written because there are many ways to implement a logic or Google for answer. Good developers Google for solutions but make sure u understand what u want to copy

If after many failed attempts,try watch the part of the course that solves the problem and continue the projects yourself. Continue with another course and replicate untill you are satisfied you can do it on your own.

Thanks a bunch my brother, I feel motivated with the word of encouragement. Can I reach you on whatsapp?
Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by afuye(m): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
No probs
Johnmattee:
Thanks a bunch my brother, I feel motivated with the word of encouragement. Can I reach you on whatsapp?
Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by Badilstical(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
afuye:

Best answer so far, just do that you will be fine. Don't just read but dirty you hands you can grabs programming by just reading

1 Like

Re: I'm Stucked In Tutorial Purgatory. by zubydave(m): 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Like someone said earlier; start a project, no matter how small. As u build most of the basics you've learnt will be applied as you progress. Yeah the advanced topics might be intimidating, but if you look really further you'll see they are all wrapped around the very basics you've learnt so far. Here's my little tip when building; ask yourself this qsts:
*what do I want to achieve?
*what module/class/libraries do I need?
*how will they all fit?
After that make a scretch of how the program will start and end
Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Convert My Jpg Files To Doc And Pdf. / Data Structures And Algorithms / Alx Udacity Assessment Certificate Q & A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.