Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! (5553 Views)

David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by harrykay(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2010
I can bet u dat dis poster is a member of" Holy ghost thunder fire on the mountain miracle centre and ministry Inc plc" I wot u say wot u don't know abt d catholic church, if u are proud of where u worship say it and I will give u millions of things been done in your so called backyard church. If u church shld face half of wot catholic church is facing ur fine boy pastor wld I died for long. Nonsense!!!
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Good question debo.
jesoul yes to all except thosse acts that are said to be don'ts in Exodus 20. Also Jesus made some pronouncements in mark 12 vs 31 32. The bible also says rejoice with those rejoicing&morn with the mourners.
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
Why be say na trophyless GAYYners dey engage in this shameful act
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by blacksta(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2010
shameful shameful - This is what happens when a nation is ravaged by poverty and idleness .
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by chines4(m): 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
Please any fan club that want to thank God is free. In any way and in any church. Most NL belong one fan club or another. This is no issue. Abi na joblessness dey worry us
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by kcjazz(m): 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2010
As ridiculous as this seems it is not evil. At least they have something to thank God for. Maybe they love the football club so much or maybe they are shareholders and got dividends pay (all na blessing) grin
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by r231(m): 12:41am On Nov 13, 2010
only gunners can pull dis crazyness off
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by AolyElaw: 10:03am On Nov 13, 2010
The dumbest Fans in the world are the arsenal fans shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by zakibi: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2010
This is wat i call someone being High!
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by Ranoscky(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2010
chines4:

Please any fan club that want to thank God is free. In any way and in any church. Most NL belong one fan club or another. This is no issue. Abi na joblessness dey worry us

Exactly my broda, na real joblessness.
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by chelseabmw(m): 12:38am On Nov 14, 2010
I think it's not a bad idea. . . . .Thanksgiving is very necessary
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by seyibrown(f): 1:48am On Nov 14, 2010
Is that man in front reading a newspaper? grin
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by kodylicky(f): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2010
my frnd just confirmed they do dis in their church, wow
cant believe this
guess its another means of making money 4 d church

Arsenal thanksgiving, lol
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by davsquared: 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Ranoscky and Chines4 ,, u guys r on point.

Imagine wetin people dey worry their head about?
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by Ranoscky(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2010
^^

My boda, can you imagine what they'r all bashin their heads on brick walls about ? undecided  (Heaven I need a hug).
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by crackhouse(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2010
Am a catholic for life and i 've encountered many good things in the catholic church and not even the thanksgiving thing will make me change my mind. I think the issue of clubs' thanksgiving in the church is not a bad idea, just take a look at the passion people have 4 football these days, u will agree with me that it's not a bad idea to use it in bringing people close to God. I am sure the catholic church must have examined the issue of clubs' thanksgiving critically b/4 allowing it to be done in the church, if not, they wouldn't have allow it in the first place. Football is not a bad thing. If u see clubs' thanksgiving as sth not worth doing then u should also see watching football matches as sth not worth doing too. We had such a thanksgiving in my parish and the joy i saw in people was inexplicable, i was like 'wow!, so people can be happy like this'. The Man U and Chelsea supporters really slog it out during the donation period cos none of the supporters of the clubs wanted to be defeated during the donation, though Man U later defeated Chelsea by donating More than the chelsea people but the most important thing was that, all was done to the glory of God. Also the clubs' thanksgiving is sth done yearly and mostly during church harvest period. So it's not a daily, weekly or monthly thing. Thanks
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 18, 2010
The man with the newspaper is killing me! He is so serious and focused on his paper as if nothing is happening in the background. Why would you even carry a newspaper to church? I would love to attend this church to see what other crazy things happen.
Re: ‘Football Thanksgiving’ In Church: Crazy! by Ranoscky(m): 6:19am On Nov 18, 2010
crackhouse:

Am a catholic for life and i 've encountered many good things in the catholic church and not even the thanksgiving thing will make me change my mind. I think the issue of clubs' thanksgiving in the church is not a bad idea, just take a look at the passion people have 4 football these days, u will agree with me that it's not a bad idea to use it in bringing people close to God. I am sure the catholic church must have examined the issue of clubs' thanksgiving critically b/4 allowing it to be done in the church, if not, they wouldn't have allow it in the first place. Football is not a bad thing. If u see clubs' thanksgiving as sth not worth doing then u should also see watching football matches as sth not worth doing too. We had such a thanksgiving in my parish and the joy i saw in people was inexplicable, i was like 'wow!, so people can be happy like this'. The Man U and Chelsea supporters really slog it out during the donation period cos none of the supporters of the clubs wanted to be defeated during the donation, though Man U later defeated Chelsea by donating More than the chelsea people but the most important thing was that, all was done to the glory of God. Also the clubs' thanksgiving is sth done yearly and mostly during church harvest period. So it's not a daily, weekly or monthly thing. Thanks

Preach on !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bawomolo & Manmustwac / Can a Christian go to The Mosque? / How Did You Spend Your Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.