Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US (47566 Views)

Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Finnish Policewoman Gets Scammed Of N73m By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2019
IamSoProlific:

I just wonder how such a smart n intelligent dude(sighting from his numerous speeches in seminars n business meeting: even for wire levels sef) could make such gross lossguarding.

First Rule:- If you get into trouble that means you fvcking up.

Fear n total avoidance of America n its environ is the beginning of wisdom.

So many Asian cartel and hackers can't even enter Europe. Cause them don reason their mata. Talkless of US

cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by CyberWolf: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2019
IamSoProlific:
[b][/b]

Louder bro.....fvcking loud it bro....wtf was he still doing around America or its environs....life goes on still, nigga messed up big time, but there's always a coming back, he should apply the street sense n fall back on. I hope n believe he does, cus I'm sure he would.
Don’t mind him. When you tell them to sit their fvcking ass down one place, they won’t losten. Globetrotting from one country to another, I wonder what he is looking for. Many niggars can go to any country they want, but they don’t rather they are at home. I wonder what he is doing in US of all places

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by MartinsD12(m): 10:18am On Aug 18, 2019
vivalavida:
Those individuals are often members of transnational criminal organizations, which originated in Nigeria but have spread throughout the world. Fraudsters can rob people of their life’s savings in a matter of minutes’ the Federal Bureau of Investigation has said.

The FBI in a statement in the investigation led by the FBI and the assistance of the IRS Criminal Investigation, Gloria Okolie and Paul Aisosa, both Nigerian nationals residing in Dallas, Texas, were charged in an indictment filed on June 6 in the Southern District of Georgia.

Also, the FBI has arrested the Chief Executive Officer of Invictus Group, Obinwanne Okeke, for conspiracy to commit computer fraud.

Okeke, who made it into Forbes ‘Africa’s 30 Under 30 List in 2016’, was arrested by the FBI over $11 million wire fraud after an account belonging to the CEO of Unatrac Holding Limited, a steel company, was hacked.

The suspect was alleged to have conspired with some other individuals to access the CEO’s computers without authorisation,.

“Operation Wire Wire, a coordinated law enforcement effort by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, was conducted over a six month period, culminating in over two weeks of intensified law enforcement activity resulting in 74 arrests in the United States and overseas, including 29 in Nigeria, and three in Canada, Mauritius and Poland.

“The operation also resulted in the seizure of nearly $2.4 million, and the disruption and recovery of approximately $14 million in fraudulent wire transfers.

“Business Email Compromise, BEC, also known as “cyber-enabled financial fraud,” is a sophisticated scam often targeting employees with access to company finances and businesses working with foreign suppliers and/or businesses that regularly perform wire transfer payments.

“The same criminal organizations that perpetrate BEC also exploit individual victims, often real estate purchasers, the elderly, and others, by convincing them to make wire transfers to bank accounts controlled by the criminals.

“Those individuals are often members of transnational criminal organizations, which originated in Nigeria but have spread throughout the world. Fraudsters can rob people of their life’s savings in a matter of minutes.

“Now, in this operation alone, we have arrested 42 people in the United States and 29 others have been arrested in Nigeria for alleged financial fraud. And so I want to thank the FBI, nearly a dozen U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, the Secret Service, Postal Inspection Services, Homeland Security Investigations, the Treasury Department, our partners in Nigeria, Poland, Canada, Mauritius, Indonesia, and Malaysia, and our state and local law enforcement partners for all of their hard work. We will continue to go on offense against fraudsters so that the American people can have safety and peace of mind.

“This operation demonstrates the FBI’s commitment to disrupt and dismantle criminal enterprises that target American citizens and their businesses,

“We will continue to work together with our law enforcement partners around the world to end these fraud schemes and protect the hard-earned assets of our citizens. The public we serve deserves nothing less.

“Following an investigation led by the FBI with the assistance of the IRS Criminal Investigation, Gloria Okolie and Paul Aisosa, both Nigerian nationals residing in Dallas, Texas, were charged in an indictment filed on June 6 in the Southern District of Georgia.

“According to the indictment, they are alleged to have victimized a real estate closing attorney by sending the lawyer a spoofing email posing as the seller and requesting that proceeds of a real estate sale in the amount of $246,000 be wired to Okolie’s account. They are charged with laundering approximately $665,000 in illicit funds. The attorney experienced $130,000 in losses after the bank was notified of the fraud and froze $after the bank was notified of the fraud and froze $116,000.

Adeyemi Odufuye aka “Micky,” “Micky Bricks,” “Yemi,” “GMB,” “Bawz” and “Jefe,” 32, and Stanley Hugochukwu Nwoke, aka Stanley Banks,” “Banks,” “Hugo Banks,” “Banky,” and “Jose Calderon,” 27, were charged in a seven-count indictment in the District of Connecticut in a BEC scheme involving an attempted loss to victims of approximately $2.6 million, including at least $440,000 in actual losses to one victim in Connecticut. A third co-conspirator Olumuyiwa Yahtrip Adejumo, aka “Ade,” “Slimwaco,” “Waco,” “Waco Jamon,” “Hade,” and “Hadey,” 32, of Toledo, Ohio, pleaded guilty on April 20 to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

“Odufuye was extradited from the United Kingdom to the United States and on Jan. 3, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and one count of aggravated identity theft. Nwoke was extradited to the United States from Mauritius on May 25, marking the first extradition in over 15 years from Mauritius. His case is pending.

“Richard Emem Jackson, aka Auwire, 23, of Lagos, Nigeria, was charged in an indictment filed on May 17 in the District of Massachusetts with two counts of unlawful possession of a means of identification as part of a larger fraud scheme.

“According to the indictment, on two occasions in 2017, Jackson is alleged to have possessed the identifications of two victims with the intent to commit wire fraud conspiracy. In another case being prosecuted in the District of Massachusetts, a 25-year-old Fort Lauderdale, Florida man was indicted in federal court in Boston on June 6 on one count of money laundering conspiracy.

“It is alleged that in early 2018, the defendant’s co-conspirators gained access to email accounts belonging to a Massachusetts real estate attorney and sent emails to recipients in Massachusetts that “spoofed” the real estate attorney’s account in an attempt to cause the email recipient to transfer nearly $500,000, which was intended to be used for payment in connection with a real estate transaction, to a shell account belonging to a money mule recruited and controlled by the defendant.

“This operation, which was funded and coordinated by the FBI, serves as a model for international cooperation against specific threats that endanger the financial well-being of each member country’s residents.

“Attorney General Sessions expressed gratitude for the outstanding efforts of the participating countries, including law enforcement actions that were coordinated and executed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Nigeria to curb business email compromise schemes that defraud businesses and individuals alike.

“Victims are encouraged to file a complaint online with the IC3 at bec.ic3.gov. The IC3 staff reviews complaints, looking for patterns or other indicators of significant criminal activity, and refers investigative packages of complaints to the appropriate law enforcement authorities in a particular city or region. The FBI provides a variety of resources relating to BEC through the IC3, which can be reached at www.ic3.gov.”.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/fbi-arrests-nigerian-fraudsters-243384/amp#click=https:///i33TS8OnlQ
I commend the FBI on this also our Nigerian polilooters should be included in the arrest because most of them celebrated this man

1 Like

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by landforeast(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2019
thesicilian:
A lot of innocent people may end up suffering because of what this fraudster has done.
FBI is not EFCC Bro
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2019
Smithkafors:

You should be more concerned about our politicians....look at Lagos, trillions of naira gone,with no tangible development.

See everyone attaching tribalism to the arrest.I strongly condone 419,every Nigerian including yorubas,binis ND hausa are into 419.My concern is So much fixation on these Yahoo people, leaving our politicians siphoning money.What is 12 million dollars compared to 600million dollars found in ex-zamfara governors account (bear in mind the only reason he is being persecuted is because of his issue with APC,if not no one will go after him)....now imagine how much tinubu,ameachi,fashola,T.A.orji ,akpaio,gandollar and northern governors ,which no one is even talking about,are all walking free forming elder statesman.

Preach it bro
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 10:34am On Aug 18, 2019
kunmiiii:

You're obviously a product of fraud also, because this line has become you guys solace and motto. Have you ever tried transacting business online? have you tried to travel out of the shores of this country? You'd wish you weren't a Nigerian. The segregation no be here, and its really terrible.

The segregation is due to mostly underdeveloped society and lack of creativity to command respect not due to fraud alone.
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by johnmartus(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2019
Don't mind them. Not only Nigerians are 419 whites people they are also do 419 but Nigerians are greed. The same FBI arrested 4 whites people in Wisconsin last week. Even me too was scammed online this month but I will still find the illiterate I finally traced him to his house yesterday my brother left duty late yesterday today we will go and buddle the bastard.
IamSoProlific:

My exact thought.....I know handful of the so called Nigerian celebrities and "rich" self acclaimed businessmen/women with unverified source of income, that can never set their foot in America or any European nation.

Bad as e bad na Dubai dem go go, whereas they have funds to travel to America or any nation of their choice on daily basis, just like it's a daily routine.

The guy was damn too confident and comfortable, he did himself.
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2019
AntiWailer:

Even for vacation and training ?

You are short sighted.

I was discussing with an American for a technology training.

The day he asked me where I was travelling from and I mentioned Nigeria, he stopped communicating with me.

If you don't know how that feels, u are better off as fraduseter too.

Leave story. The rejection is due to Nigeria's all talk but nothing to show. All your movie scripts are about what please?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by executive12: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2019
thesicilian:
A lot of innocent people may end up suffering because of what this fraudster has done.

How will innocent people suffer?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by Midas01: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2019
Lmao anything that ends with ster
NotNairalandi:
God bless FBI and punish anyone who says Fraud originated from Nigeria and spread all over the world.

America is the father of Fraudster,gangster ,disaster,anything that ends with ster
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by IamSoProlific: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2019
johnmartus:
Don't mind them. Not only Nigerians are 419 whites people they are also do 419 but Nigerians are greed. The same FBI arrested 4 whites people in Wisconsin last week. Even me too was scammed online this month but I will still find the illiterate I finally traced him to his house yesterday my brother left duty late yesterday today we will go and buddle the bastard.

For Naija?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2019
martowskin1:

Bros no be small thing, the pain in the ass is getting out of hand..... Once u say u be 9ja, them don dey alert like say u be thief..

This foolish boys keep making life difficult for us..... Ordinary Thailand here few weeks back, I wanted to buy something in the mall, so my card was not responding to make payment...

Na so the sales rep, alert security on me, I even gave them another card, they refuse to give me the old one, they had to call the card company, to confirm am the right owner b4 giving me back...

Imagine na, which kind life be this, shame com dey catch me because I be Nigerian ....

FBI, MI6 , EFCC, all of them, thy should chase them to the hole, enough is enough

One question what's the storyline of all your movies in the country?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by emecheboy2(m): 10:47am On Aug 18, 2019
thesicilian:
They are already suffering, go to US embassy and see if they will give you visa even with all your authentic documents.

1 Like

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2019
johnmartus:

How una take catch am. I was duped of 400k here too
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by Bizibi(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2019
kunmiiii:

You're obviously a product of fraud also, because this line has become you guys solace and motto. Have you ever tried transacting business online? have you tried to travel out of the shores of this country? You'd wish you weren't a Nigerian. The segregation no be here, and its really terrible.
it is, normal for us.... What can we do.....when it comes to business with foreigners,one have to work extra hard to convince them before transaction.

2 Likes

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by Bizibi(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2019
healthserve:

Leave story. The rejection is due to Nigeria's all talk but nothing to show. All your movie scripts are about what please?
what is all talk no show, they view Nigerians as dishonest scum you are saying all show, no talk. If you want to bring investors, you will need to hold meeting in another Africa country before bringing them here. This one don't know how bad it is....

2 Likes

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by JayEntaur(m): 10:59am On Aug 18, 2019
Smithkafors:

You should be more concerned about our politicians....look at Lagos, trillions of naira gone,with no tangible development.

See everyone attaching tribalism to the arrest.I strongly condone 419,every Nigerian including yorubas,binis ND hausa are into 419.My concern is So much fixation on these Yahoo people, leaving our politicians siphoning money.What is 12 million dollars compared to 600million dollars found in ex-zamfara governors account (bear in mind the only reason he is being persecuted is because of his issue with APC,if not no one will go after him)....now imagine how much tinubu,ameachi,fashola,T.A.orji ,akpaio,gandollar and northern governors ,which no one is even talking about,are all walking free forming elder statesman.

You strongly "CONDONE" it, or did you mean to say "CONDEMN"?

1 Like

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 10:59am On Aug 18, 2019
Bizibi:
what is all talk no show, they view Nigerians as dishonest scum you are saying all show, no talk.

Your movies that foreigners watch are filled with what stories?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by Bizibi(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2019
healthserve:

Your movies that foreigners watch are filled with what stories?
hollywood movie scripts nko..... Mtcheeew.i hate excuses like this
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by AntiWailer: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2019
healthserve:

It is because of fraudsters and the fear of being scammed by your brothers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2019
AntiWailer:

It is because of fraudsters and the fear of being scammed by your brothers.

Your movie plot are filled with what stories?

What brothers?/I'm not IBO BTW.

1 Like

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2019
Bizibi:
hollywood movie scripts nko..... Mtcheeew.i hate excuses like this

Answer the innocent question oceans twleve, cellular, name i t I can mention 10,000 Hollywood movies that don't depict negative information. When when the likes of oceans twelve are made, its to promote entertainment
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by Bizibi(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2019
healthserve:

Answer the innocent question oceans twleve, cellular, name i t I can mention 10,000 Hollywood movies that don't depict negative information. When when the likes of oceans twelve are made, its to promote entertainment
i hate arguing with people like this. Typical Nigeria mentality.
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by pinkApril: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2019
I know the "Hugo Banks" personally. His father abandoned his job as a fan repairer to pursue fraud. His mother sells foodstuff at the time. At the time, they lived at Isolo, Lagos. I heard about his arrest from a friend that still live there. But, i didn't believe it when I was told until now.

1 Like

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by johnmartus(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2019
Mine is 200k my brother is a dss and I give him his number I think he check his information through system and he sent all his information to me and I traced him to that address luckily i got him .the guy should have been arrested before now but I cant tell my brother that I was scammed Because I'm so ashamed of myself.
healthserve:

How una take catch am. I was duped of 400k here too

2 Likes

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by johnmartus(m): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2019
Yes nairaland .
IamSoProlific:

For Naija?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by IamSoProlific: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2019
johnmartus:
Yes nairaland .

The scammer is from nairaland and lives in Nigeria?
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by AntiWailer: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2019
healthserve:

Your movie plot are filled with what stories?

What brothers?/I'm not IBO BTW.

See ur tribalistic brain.

Every Nigerian is your brother.

If you have travelled out before , u will understand that there is no separation over there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2019
This is shameful and not good for our already spoiled image.
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2019
AntiWailer:

See ur tribalistic brain.

Every Nigerian is your brother.

If you have travelled out before , u will understand that there is no separation over there.

Indeed I've lost over twenty projects due to the same effect. I owe nobody responsible for my loss with your pseudo ego. My chick is half Canadian. Olodo. When you can comment without speaking from a tower like you're talking down to a dog, I'll respond to you accordingly full
Re: FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US by healthserve(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
johnmartus:
Mine is 200k my brother is a dss and I give him his number I think he check his information through system and he sent all his information to me and I traced him to that address luckily i got him .the guy should have been arrested before now but I cant tell my brother that I was scammed Because I'm so ashamed of myself.

I was to start my own company. I don go price land everything. Money I got from writing articles for a six month period I received through eccurency I sent to these two guys to give me naira. Na so them scam me o. I'm too ashamed of myself. Can you help?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Kills Fashion Designer On Ileya's Eve At Ijegun Via Ikotun (Photos) / 5-Month Old Aborted Foetus In Benson Idahosa University (Graphic Photo) / Kidnapper Abducts And Kills His Cheating Girlfriend In Rivers State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.