Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA (74122 Views)

Samson Siasia Banned For Life By FIFA For Bribery, Match Fixing / The Trophies Unveiled By FIFA For The 2018 World Cup In Russia. Photos / Aden Marwa: Kenyan Referee Sacked By FIFA - World Cup For Receiving $600 Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Obason22(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
I'm not in support of anybody accepting bribe in expense of others pains, its painful and if been court u have no other choice than to face d music. But in this case I think FIFA have to come with full details concerning this bribery scandals, which match did he attempted to manipulate, and secondly did FIFA invite siasia for questioning or they just jumped into conclusion.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by mexbee1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
damilola4162:

Source:https://thenationonlineng.net/why-we-banned-siasia-for-life-by-fifa/

Contact us for all your Solar | Inverter | Security | Intercoms Contract and Materials

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Crochet: 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
we buy all types of scrap,accidental,damaged ,unused vehicles,heavy equipments,machineries etc call- 0806 2251431 or chat me via watsup
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by galaxy2020(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
FIFA doesn't mix up such issue.They did their investigation before coming out with their decision.

1 Like

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by BluntBoy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
slam7000:

Why do you ask? Back to the topic, I was expecting to see an overwhelming evidence why Siasia’s name was being rubbished but I saw none.

The man being investigated and who apparently mentioned Siasia’s name is a sinking man who can say anything to get a lesser sentence.
I am surprised that Siasia heard about the ban just like the rest of us. He should be given a chance to clear his name if he maintains innocence.

FIFA never implied that they acted on hearsays or on someone's word.

Rather, a man known for match fixing labeled matches up for fixing. FIFA's investigation team swung into action and did an extensive investigation of the matches that the match fixer had earmarked for fixing.

How they nailed Siasia is anyone's guess. But we should be careful in the way we rubbish extensive investigation efforts. Not even in a small court in our corrupt Nigeria is judgment made on mere words of mouth.

1 Like

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by mbhs139(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
1shortblackboy:
You have not said anything new. Bloggers keep milking one story dry and modes keep sending them to front page

I thought as much. I thought I was going to read something new and different from what has been said before. Nonsense
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by akinonigbinde: 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
ideke007:
FIFA is the biggest scam on humanity. Football betting is also a scam
Humanity's biggest scam. grin grin grin
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Teenaira: 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
damilola4162:

Source:https://thenationonlineng.net/why-we-banned-siasia-for-life-by-fifa/

The kidnappers should please just release his mother unconditionally. I mean without paying any randsom.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by saintokwuluora(m): 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
FIFA acted rather arbitrarily and unfairly by not giving Siasia any form of opportunity to defend himself. I am convinced Siasia is innocent. Sia1 in all these challenges you will come out victorious. Keep praying for you.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by BluntBoy(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Siasia did not fix or receive money to fix games. He is banned because a man said Siasia accepted to collect money from him to fix games.

And you believe this? You believe that FIFA would soil its own reputation by making a judgment without evidence that they can present if Siasia takes them to court?

Even NFF cannot make such a judgment without serious evidence.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Christmasdon(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2019
what of the 2-2 Mancity vs Tottenham go draw wuna no see that one abi. fifa nah like that.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by BabaO2: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
What a silly judgement, Why must I pay $51000 fine when there is no future again in that line?
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by linearity: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
obojememe:
he go stil pay fine...

iffa hear

I tire oh! If he no come pay the fine nko, dem go ban am for next life join on top?

The alleged crime is even flimsy, unless the rule book also kick against utterances with no actionable backing.

But in a criminal court, it will be difficult to find someone guilty based only on their utterances, they didn’t carry out the deed and did not have actionable plans to carry them out - since, they can claim that, it is just bluffing or joke or intoxicated at the time.

1 Like

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Garrieveryday: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmm
Double wahala for dead body. This na triple wahala sef.
Happy Sunday to you beautiful Nairalanders.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by oneTIMEman(m): 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2019
After the money, the ban will free nah...FIFA and bribe, nonsense
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by BrittneyWhite: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
nuban07:
U banned him for life, u still asked him to pay huge fine. Kuku kill him
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by akaahs(m): 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
creolehunt:

Lol. I'm wondering. Considering he has been banned for life already. Is he still bound to pay the fine? Of yes, what will happen if he decides not to pay?
Me too dey reason am, if e no pay weytin go happen?
Since them Don banned am for life, no any worst punishment more than that na.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Jaymoney5000(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ladiesdoctor:

Where are you from?

Oga calm down....the guy dey make point joor...mumu
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Originakalokalo(m): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
OtemAtum:
It's a pity for him. Let others learn lesson from this.

In other news, the gods of religion such as Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, El, Enki, Odin etc have been banned from having destructive dealings with humans such that now humans can start having mind evolution and liberation from religion.

Currently as I speak, Jehovah, Allah and their likes are locked up in a spiritual cage and this will be so for a thousand years. Within this time, human being shall have mind evolution and global liberation from religious thoughts. They will become more sciences oriented and think deep while attempting to solve problems. Superstitions and religious stories found in various religious books shall be defeated and the world would experience a great revolution.

Currently, Jehovah and Allah have been confined to a spiritual cage for 2 years, 11 months and 6 days already.

Peace to the world.

I have a message for your boss...

Tell him that he can only deceive the ignorant.

Some of us know the truth.....and it has set us free from his deceit.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by manwes: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
I have read from the comments that follow, how most people quickly condemned Siasia for shamefully accepting bribe thereby tarnishing further, Nigeria's already battered image. I didn't read anything in the report detailing who offered bribe and for what match. Also, was Siasia given any opportunity to defend himself against this serious allegations? If he was availed such opportunity and he didn't defend himself and is yet to issue any statement following the ban by FIFA, it means that he might be culpable.

I'd like to know what happens if he is unable to pay the fine? Because that guy doesn't seem like he is in a financial position to pay such huge fine. He has already fallen and I don't see what he stands to loose if did not pay. Someone please explain this to me.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by gift01: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2019
ehix89:
I have these fairly used GBM 12v 180ah Deep cycle inverter batteries for quick sale.

Duration of usage: 6months

Price: 50k each

Quote me if you need them or chat me up on whatsapp zero eight zero three zero eight zero three three eight zero
last price
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by ehix89(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2019
gift01:
last price
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Dailymemoirs: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
Jayslicky:
Samson siasa is a disgrace to Nigerian football. Who knows maybe Samson siasa sold the 2005 U-20 world cup against Argentina, because I can't understand those two stupid penalties we conceeded till date.
u r very uneducated to say this. Your comment a disgrace to the university or high school u attended. he sold the match by causing a penalty...when he was not playing... foolish comment
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by greggng: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
nuban07:
U banned him for life, u still asked him to pay huge fine. Kuku kill him

He was not even banned for collecting the bribe but for uttering such comment ..I believe fifa aired by judging a man by his words but not his actions...I am not a lawyer....but if I claim I will do something and never did it, does that amount to doing it....? Lawyers educate me
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Caseless: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
obojememe:
he go stil pay fine...
iffa hear
lol
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by OlawaleBammie: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
EtihadAirways:
Una wan make he still pay 18mill, haba how much be the bribe sef.?
u wan help am refund d bribe am certain he sold our 2005 under20 trophy, he just wan make i recv beating dat day.

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by Silverman42(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hmmm!!! Why do i feel the man took this bribe to get ransom money for his mom's release ?? Oh well nature now best.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by UltimatedeBest(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
Siasia will b grilled by EFCC as regard d 2005 U20 world cup and Beijing 2008 Olympic lost

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by onilanre(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
1shortblackboy:
You have not said anything new. Bloggers keep milking one story dry and modes keep sending them to front page
Honestly, I thought the useless blogger has something new to add to the story. Copy and paste blogger.
Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by UltimatedeBest(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
EFCC will do a clean job on him

Re: Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA by OtemAtum: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2019
Originakalokalo:

I have a message for your boss...

Tell him that he can only deceive the ignorant.

Some of us know the truth.....and it has set us free from his deceit.

Who should I tell this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / Aliko Dangote Hosts Anthony Joshua On His ₦15b Luxury Yacht / Machester United Celebrates Corper Who Saved Female Corper At Election In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.