Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland (1555 Views)

Best Stories In Nairaland / Why Are There No Much Fantasy Stories In Litsection / Therapy Session (short Stories In Different Episodes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by iamgprince: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2019
I have noticed that most stories in Nairaland are either uncompleted or the are totally abandoned making the readers unhappy which leads to them insulting and even cursing the writers.
I just opened this thread for us to know how to correct this issue , honestly i like reading stories online and that brought me to Nairaland, and if i say i am happy about the increasing numbers of abandoned or uncompleted stories here in Nairaland know that i am not being truthful.
Please let us look at this matter very well before this forum becomes a forum of so many abandoned stories. I am not saying that there are no complete stories here but the number of uncompleted ones are much compared to that of complete ones.
Forgive any typo
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by iamgprince: 9:38am On Aug 18, 2019
one of the ways to curb this is, writers should first complete there stories before posting it here
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by HappyPagan: 10:04am On Aug 18, 2019
I'm guilty of this. Would love to give excuses, but it boils down to procrastination, and sometimes loss of interest too.

Writing takes time. If I could make my writing profitable, I'd probably complete and write more. I hope this thread attracts comments from more experienced writers.
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by Devilpen(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2019
The problem is majorly from the readers. It's not easy cracking your head and coming up with amazing stuff and giving it out for free and still.. People will just read and won't comment just to make your spirit feel good..... Speaking for myself the motivation I get to continue my stories are from Hardes, bobosneh, germaphobe, bizza45, and other few peeps

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Some of us have 9-5 jobs...
Some of us are full time writers...
Some of us run other businesses...

Joggling all these with writing on nairaland and our personal lives can be hectic...

Then there are so many cons...
e.g... predators in form of bloggers, impostors, etc would take your story and post it on their websites and blogs without asking for your permission.
Some even go as far as saying they wrote these stories.
Then some wicked ones are now selling our stories on dubious websites....

Just imagine seeing another person earning a profit with your own sweat...

Speaking for myself...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by iamgprince: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
SheWrites:
Some of us have 9-5 jobs...
Some of us are full time writers...
Some of us run other businesses...

Joggling all these with writing on nairaland and our personal lives can be hectic...

Then there are so many cons...
e.g... predators in form of bloggers, impostors, etc would take your story and post it on their websites and blogs without asking for your permission.
Some even go as far as saying they wrote these stories.
Then some wicked ones are now selling our stories on dubious websites....

Just imagine seeing another person earning a profit with your own sweat...

Speaking for myself...

eyaa i can feel your pains ma especially that of imposters that like reaping what the do not sow.
I enjoy your stories on this forum wella
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by SheWrites(f): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
iamgprince:

eyaa i can feel your pains ma especially that of imposters that like reaping what the do not sow.
I enjoy your stories on this forum wella

*hugs*
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by oluwadabira111(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
The literature section on nairaland is not like before,every upcoming writer will just come with a story they will post once and some will be expecting you to comment,some will not even come back to update the story,even if we are not paying them,since they are writing the story already,they should try and finish it,even if they want to make money on it,they should notify us so that we can buy,there are some writer here that we be midway through the story and we just stop abruptly without no excuse, instead of telling us where we can buy the story we will not here nothing from them with this there behaviour literature section on this forum is not getting attention like before.
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by Hardes(m): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
I for one will love to know the reason cause it's really heartbreaking. Waiting for more writers opinion.
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by Silver1996(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2019
There will be less uncompleted stories if readers try commenting after reading rather than reading and running off like you never entered the thread.
I almost stopped writing due to the poor numbers of comments i get on my thread, only few people motivated me into continuing....
How can you get 1000 views with only 2 comments, it's really annoying.., the readers should step up their game, one comment won't take anything from you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by Slimynonny: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
Silver1996:
There will be less uncompleted stories if readers try commenting after reading rather than reading and running off like you never entered the thread.
I almost stopped writing due to the poor numbers of comments i get on my thread, only few people motivated me into continuing....
How can you get 1000 views with only 2 comments, it's really annoying.., the readers should step up their game, one comment won't take anything from you.
I understand ur plight bt then u should know also that the likes and shares you get are also other means of appreciating ur work too.... Anyways nice story line, more updates pls
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by damselposh(f): 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
1) I agree with silver 1996, readers are supposed to comment and make someone feel motivated to continue the work, i have felt like stopping and forgetting anything about writing, but then, writing is something that makes me happy. if only readers can read and comment, it wouldn't be bad.

2) some writers don't just abandon their stories, some might lose their phones or fall sick or get busy with other things, thereby forgetting the stories. Although am not a fan of leaving stories incomplete, i try to finish mine no matter how hard it is.

3) the act of plagiarism is really taking over most of the bloggers, i remember getting information that someone posted one of my stories on a particular blog, when i checked, I found out that it was the owner of the blog that posted it and he even added his name as the original writer, nothing to show that am the sole owner of the story, by the time readers see all these things, they won't want to continue writing because of the copy writers we have out there.

My opinion though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by noble4d(m): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
We have large numbers of plagiarist here on this platform, all they do is to steal your idea and make it their own and this is the major reason I stopped posting my stories on Nairaland. Furthermore, We also have lots of ghost readers, they read your stories and leave you wondering if your story truly make any sense. They fail to understand that their comments motivates writers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by bizza45: 9:14am On Aug 19, 2019
Devilpen:
The problem is majorly from the readers. It's not easy cracking your head and coming up with amazing stuff and giving it out for free and still.. People will just read and won't comment just to make your spirit feel good..... Speaking for myself the motivation I get to continue my stories are from Hardes, bobosneh, germaphobe, bizza45, and other few peeps

thanks bro, I really appreciate ur effort cos I know say e no easy
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by anibi9674: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
If I catch Nitefury I will skin him alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by bizza45: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2019
anibi9674:
If I catch Nitefury I will skin him alive

plz don't oo make Vaseline crew no come after ur head
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by anibi9674: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2019
bizza45:

plz don't oo make Vaseline crew no come after ur head
of what use is he to them
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by iamgprince: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2019
from what I've heard so far from the few writers that responded to this issue, i will say that the readers should try and comment on any story the are reading because it encourages the writers, and also it makes them know where the make mistakes so the can improve.
Another why writers always want comments is to ascertain if their stories is interesting because no one of them will like to waste time posting stories that the readers don't find interesting.
Please i still need una comments on this issue oo, both the readers and the writers. Thanks
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by tunery004(m): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
How do you think it feels seeing your stories on several blogs without your consent.

How do you feel when the readers can't wait to understand the pictures you are painting but post stupid comments about your story and telling you how your story should go

Sometimes the characters stop speaking to u

Sometimes you are busy trying to make ends meet

Sometimes you are down and all the readers care about is the next update

Sometimes ..... Sometimes
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by ghostwritter(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Very soon, literature section will go dry of its bright writers if the owner of this forum continues to pretend not to care for their great contributions and protect their works.
If u know...then u know.
GHOSTWRITTER passing-by.

2 Likes

Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by Devilpen(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
ghostwritter:
Very soon, literature section will go dry of its bright writers if the owner of this forum continues to pretend not to care for their great contributions and protect their works.
If u know...then u know.
GHOSTWRITTER passing-by.
I totally agree
Re: Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland by pabon(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
Not getting motivation at times, in terms of comments and even criticism, can be very devastating. I'd even prefer if someone told me my work is bad than nothing at all.

(1) (Reply)

A Place For Thousand Demon / King Mensa's Dinari / My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.