Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) (67897 Views)

Emir of Bauchi's Brother, Rilwanu Sulaiman Adamu, Found Dead (Photos) / Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
Culture is the way of life of a people for kilba there's there own way of burying there dead

3 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Commentor: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
What exactly is wrong with it?
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Jayslicky:
Africans like to hold up to cultures that do not have any significant impact on their lives.

i Won't be surprised to see a culture in africa where to be buried will be a taboo.

What significant impact does putting a body in a box and burying it 6 feet under have on the lives of the living?

Its called culture, Mr.

Its a way of life. Na their way be that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Mutemenot(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Making such a grave won't be easy, time shall come when every villager 'll make his own grave before death

1 Like

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigeria and her many weird cultures.
Some traditions make no rational sense.

These pictures remind me of my cousin who was to marry an Anang girl. They had courted for over 2 years, yet he didn't even get past a handshake from his bride-to-be.
Her parents won't even let the lady visit him at home so that her virginity will be intact till their wedding night.

She was the Aliaha so being married as a virgin was the utmost bragging right she could give her family.

My godly cousin who respected the sanctity of marriage had no option but to keep himself too for his mbobo.

Sometimes we have to just fvck away with traditions like "Asa Ibale" because this was my poor cousin on the wedding night.

You're not making sense at all cry

4 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by delejames(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
As far as we are still on this earth, Wonders shall never end.
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
Heffalump:

My broda!

I dey wonder oooo
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by tofolo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
RoyalBlu:
This is so strange shocked
Even in death, still gon be stressed into a final resting place.

Things are happening in this life o.

"Mandara Mountain and valley, Gwoza, Marghi, Pabbir/Bura, Höna, Higgi, Wagga, Wula, Vengo, Sukur, etc.

Where are these places located BTW?
North East.
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by rosy4u(f): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
But there seem to be lots of space down there Though
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by tofolo(m): 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
datola:
Kilba is located where?
North East.
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by TorukMakto: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
darkelf:

Now this just became a meme.

1 Share

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Newmans: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
From my understanding is when the person died premature death not for older people. Elderly people are been laid to rest while premature one's are kept standing.

3 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by tofolo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Built2last:

Where are these tribes in Nigeria bikonu
North East
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by kereman1: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
Correctgist:

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/see-how-a-nigerian-tribe-kilba-bury-their-dead-photos/

Pls gather here if her english gave u migraine

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by TKVick(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Heffalump:

What he mean In simple english was that the bride was not a virgin.

4 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Richy4(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Was it because there was scarcity of burial site or what..? That's just weird..

How can one be motivated to get rich in that state..
So after everything.. say 5yrs or 4yrs in University..got a good career... turned to a big business man, or successful in any career of your choice.. Built a good reputation and all... at the end u got forced into some hole.. no dignified funeral nothing...
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Africa should have a different calendar from the rest of the world.
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Paulo3ree(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

These pictures remind me of my cousin who was to marry an Anang girl. They had courted for over 2 years, yet he didn't even get past a handshake from his bride-to-be.
Her parents won't even let the lady visit him at home so that her virginity will be intact till their wedding night.

She was the Aliaha so being married as a virgin was the utmost bragging right she could give her family.

My godly cousin who respected the sanctity of marriage had no option but to keep himself too for his mbobo.

Sometimes we have to just fvck away with traditions like "Asa Ibale" because this was my poor cousin on the wedding night.
Mehn this pictorial explanation is wonderful.
he must be suffering from HBP by now
How far with the fake .I.e

5 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
AFRICA IS BLESSED
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
That hoe yes that hoe is scary
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
This post about kiliba tribe are false and lies. Am currently doing my nysc there and I have been to their burial ceremony and nothing like that.

2 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by omohlexy: 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Celebsnews:
Wow... Op, you failed to mention the State though.

Meanwhile, Here are five solid reasons why Mercy would win this year Big Brother Naija show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0lluGYHn3Q
absolute rubbish recorded with headphone mic and old lappy. Take two slaps

1 Like

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by sylve11: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
RoyalBlu:
This is so strange shocked
Even in death, still gon be stressed into a final resting place.

Things are happening in this life o.

"Mandara Mountain and valley, Gwoza, Marghi, Pabbir/Bura, Höna, Higgi, Wagga, Wula, Vengo, Sukur, etc.

Where are these places located BTW?

cool
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by wolverine1987: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
I dont know about this but I know they have some of the most pretty ladies not just in adamawa state buh Nigeria.... they r one of the main reasons adamawa is called land of beauty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
datola:
Kilba is located where?

Hong LGA, Adamawa State.
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by SilasNwude: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Hotfreezers:

When you won't travel wide, you'll sit in your hut and be typing nonsense, insulting Africa.

You're a mental slave, enslaved to think how your slave masters want you to think. You're insulting Africa cos of your stupidity and limited knowledge.

Let me try to reduce your slavery a bit. Start from here.
https://oddstuffmagazine.com/bizarre-burial-rituals-world.html

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/amp/inothernews/strange-funeral-customs/
[/s]
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by bizhop01: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
Shit-hole burial by Shit-hole people.
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Mapy: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
Wow,am a kilba guy but never heard of that. shocked
Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by katlord(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Jayslicky:
Africans like to hold up to cultures that do not have any significant impact on their lives.

i Won't be surprised to see a culture in africa where to be buried will be a taboo.

My dear, I beg to disagree with you on this. This sort of practice is what sociologists term "culture shock". It literally means that as one travels out of his/her immediate environment, you tend to see things in variation to what is obtainable in your immediate environment. In sociological norm you have to socially appreciate such practice as criticizing it amounts to being a threat or giving supremacist view that your culture is superior to theirs which is not true. All cultures are unique in their own way and as such deserve our recognition and respect.

Haven said the above, kindly dissociate your self from holding such condemnable thoughts about cultures that are quite different from what you hitherto know.

Don't know why this part of sociology is not included to the GNS that studies people and culture in the university

Nb- Even the Western world have certain practices that can literally shock you more. For instance, Indians do cremation to their departed loved one's etc

3 Likes

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by katlord(m): 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
Amuatulu:

This one wey be like shalanga sef lipsrsealed
This person spirit go dey roam upandan like glo network ...

"Shalanga" grin grin grin grin typical Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
What happens if the corpse is decomposing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Art And Architecture Of The Igbo People / Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows / Michael Olabamiji Fakeye's Corpse Made To Stand To Snap With Family In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.