Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,127 members, 7,953,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections (30720 Views)

Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi / FIRS: Tunde Fowler Dragged To Court, Asked To Vacate Office, Return Salaries / Funke Fowler Aig-Imoukhuede Birthday Party: Tunde Fowler's Daughter Celebrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by tuniski: 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afamed:

Don't fall for all these children of hate. Look closely to that letter head , you will see how wack it looks.
COS does not write query letter when we have permanent sect and at worst Scenario the office of Sect to Federal govt. Look at the address, federal inland revenue is in Wuse not Garki.
You can continue with your illusion!
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Dokore: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Afamed: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
tuniski:

You can continue with your illusion!
Is FIRS office in Garki or Wuse?
Does COS write a query letter?
No wonder they say PDP supporters are brain dead

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Staro: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
Aw
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by BafanaBafana: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ojiofor:

And you think Buhari is capable of monitoring anything?
The presidency has spoken through the chief of staff to our ghost president.
You obviously don't know how government works
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by encryptjay(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
This man doesn't need Buhari's permission for anything now. Does PMB even know what's going on?
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Ojiofor: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
BafanaBafana:

You obviously don't know how government works

You that know haven't make any difference,so make i hear word.Mitcheew!
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
BafanaBafana:
The letter actually looks fake. How is it the job of the chief of staff to the president to monitor FIRS. The revenue body is under the ministry of finance and not the presidency
Its his job now.You can't allow one rubbish to happen and stop others from following suit.This government has no organogram.No due process.No permanent position.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by BafanaBafana: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheWrita:
Its his job now.You can't allow one rubbish to happen and stop others from not following suit.This government has no organogram.No due process.No permanent position.
It is people like you that embolden peddlers of fake news. They know you will believe anything because you already have a nindset and you will help them spread it too

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by iamawara(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2019
Boringdraw1:
Las las they go later sack am and employed their own way go empty the account more

I have been scrolling down to see if someone gat the brain to understand what Kyari and his crew are trying to do. Ur head na follow come grin
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by henryhemon(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2019
They re dealing with southerners n will position their people for 2023.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by sonofElElyon: 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Its a file copy so it doesnt have to bear a seal.. Not the original letter head which was despatched. Secondly, the president can delegate powers.. Abba Kyari is very powerful as we all know and that is courtesy of Buhari..
"This is Nigeria"..

bishopkay:

I disagree my friend.
If the letter is genuine, Such a letter must bear the seal of the president and only be can signed by him not his chief of staff.

No matter the approval the chief of staff got, he signing that letter makes it null and void! He only has powers over the presidential staff at the state house
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by zomoears(m): 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
BafanaBafana:
The letter actually looks fake. How is it the job of the chief of staff to the president to monitor FIRS. The revenue body is under the ministry of finance and not the presidency

The Chief of Staff and can raise a memo based on the oral directive of his boss.

Normally, a query like this should have been channeled through the Secretary to the Govt of the Federation which is the Secretariat for all govt appointees. But this is Nigeria!
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Origin(f): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
Tax collection will get worse over time...

The bulk of taxes collected by Fowler during his time at LIRS and later at FIRS were mainly arrears...

That is unpaid taxes or reviewed taxes from previous years. As the backlog are cleared and paid up, the taxes due become the annual taxes only.....

So there will be a reduction in taxes....although a proper analysis of taxes based on the years taxes are attributable to could be a better basis for comparison.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by BafanaBafana: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
zomoears:

The Chief of Staff and can raise a memo based on the oral directive of his boss.

Normally, a query like this should have been channeled through the Secretary to the Govt of the Federation which is the Secretariat for all govt appointees. But this is Nigeria!
No he can't. The letter as you can see appears to be emanating from the office of the Chief of staff (Damn! its not even letter headed). The chief of staff's jurisdiction is just the staff that work in the villa and the president's personal staff
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
BafanaBafana:

It is people like you that embolden peddlers of fake news. They know you will believe anything because you already have a nindset and you will help them spread it too
Are you serious?Lol.Were you expecting a gold coloured letter?Are you not seeing now things are moving in this present administration?Why can't Abba yari query the Firs boss?What makes you think it's fake?Didnt the president order CBN(that is supposed to be an independent body)to stop giving force to food importers?No consultation.No due process.Thats the thing about selective outrage to impunity and tyranny.It always gets to everybody's turn.Dude or Sis,whichever you are..get real.All the news outlets are already carrying this news.Wake up and prepare
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by tuniski: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
Dokore:
For those shouting Fake this is it read and comprehend

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/347310-buhari-queries-firs-chief-fowler-over-worsening-revenue-collection.html/amp/

Don't mind them they have lost all iota of discern.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Okoroawusa: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afamed:

Not everyone is brain dead like PDP supporters. When has it been the duty of COS to issue such letter?
You fall my hand.

So you replied these people?
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Afamed: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Okoroawusa:

You fall my hand.

So you replied these people?
My comrade , it's good occasionally to set the record straight especially when it's coming from these serial wailers
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Okoroawusa: 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afamed:

My comrade , it's good occasionally to set the record straight especially when it's coming from these serial wailers
If you say so but sometimes I just ignore
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Afamed: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
tuniski:

Don't mind them they have lost all iota of discern.
Half-baked ask yourself if FIRS is in Garki as stipulated in the letter or FIRS is in Wuse? PDP Brain dead followers
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Afamed: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Okoroawusa:

If you say so but sometimes I just ignore
Na so my comrade. Henceforth , let me start to ignore them so they can wail a little
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by zomoears(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
BafanaBafana:

No he can't. The letter as you can see appears to be emanating from the office of the Chief of staff (Damn! its not even letter headed). The chief of staff's jurisdiction is just the staff that work in the villa and the president's personal staff

Please read my submission again.

Chief if Staff can raise a memo communicating a Presidential directive, there is nothing out of place there.

However, I still said that a query like this should come from the SGF. So we are both saying the same thing. He has no power to query FIRS boss, but should have raised a memo to SGF stating that the President has directed for the query to be issued, possibly attaching supporting/source documents.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by OBAGADAFFI: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afamed:

Half-baked ask yourself if FIRS is in Garki as stipulated in the letter or FIRS is in Wuse? PDP Brain dead followers

FIRS office.12, Port Harcourt Crescent Off Gimbiya Street, Area 11, Garki, Abuja
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by BafanaBafana: 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
zomoears:

Please read my submission again.

Chief if Staff can raise a memo communicating a Presidential directive, there is nothing out of place there.

However, I still said that a query like this should come from the SGF. So we are both saying the same thing. He has no power to query FIRS boss, but should have raised a memo to SGF stating that the President has directed for the query to be issued, possibly attaching supporting/source documents.

ok. What I'm saying is that the letter there is not authentic.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by BafanaBafana: 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

FIRS office.12, Port Harcourt Crescent Off Gimbiya Street, Area 11, Garki, Abuja
Bros FIRS headquarters dey for Wuse 2, Abuja.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by BafanaBafana: 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheWrita:
Are you serious?Lol.Were you expecting a gold coloured letter?Are you not seeing now things are moving in this present administration?Why can't Abba yari query the Firs boss?What makes you think it's fake?Didnt the president order CBN(that is supposed to be an independent body)to stop giving force to food importers?No consultation.No due process.Thats the thing about selective outrage to impunity and tyranny.It always gets to everybody's turn.Dude or Sis,whichever you are..get real.All the news outlets are already carrying this news.Wake up and prepare
CBN is independent? goodnight abeg
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Afamed: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Get your information right and stop misleading people here

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by tiger28: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
BafanaBafana:
ONLY Ipob is gullible to believe fake news

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 19, 2019
BafanaBafana:

CBN is independent? goodnight abeg
You obviously don't know the basics.Good morning.
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by airbrush: 6:07am On Aug 19, 2019
priceaction:
The letter looks so fake. Hope the owner of the site have access to the original one because na so e dey start. Premium times are good in busting something like this.

southerner top government official going
Re: Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections by airbrush: 6:08am On Aug 19, 2019
Afamed:

Is FIRS office in Garki or Wuse?
Does COS write a query letter?
No wonder they say PDP supporters are brain dead

which is abba kyari doing where do he have such powers ?

it is not enough that he install a fake president !!! now he will do his job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senior Lawyers Condemn Buhari’s Open Display Of Ballot Paper / Sanwo-Olu Donates ₦100 Million To Akere Spare Parts Traders / Facebook, Google, Others Confirm Nigeria’s Requests For User Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.