Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet (15496 Views)

Workers’ Day: Four Major Labour Crises That Dominate Buhari’s Govt / Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship / The Moment Fayemi Bowed Out Of Buhari's Cabinet (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Idrismusty97(m): 8:16am On Aug 19, 2019
datola:
When President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurates his cabinet on Wednesday, a group of people will stand out. They are the Alumni of the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in Kaduna State.

What is prestigious about ABU other than mediocre graduates turned thieving politicians.

You hardly find their names on any international honours list. Local champion people.

Americans aren't good at playing football so they created their own football and play it with hand. Now they are world champions even though they are the only ones playing it. You get my point now?

1 Like

Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by vixpal: 8:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Jarus:
It has always been like that.

Reasons are:

1, North has 19 states, South has 17. ABU is the most prestigious school in the North. 4 schools (UNILAG, UI, OAU & UNN, even UNIBEN) share that in the South. So while almost all the VIPs of the North attended ABU, these 4 schools share that of the South. In fact, SW schools will be the most hit as 3 of these top 6 first generation schools are concentrated there.

2, ABU is more cosmopolitan than the Southern schools. So you have southern students schooling there. You hardly find northerners in universities in the South. What that means is, a southern product of ABU will also be competing with southern products of southern schools for slots of southern states. So a southern product of ABU can be the minister from Oyo or Imo state!

Oyo and Cross River Ministerial Nominees

1 Like

Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by cybertron88: 8:22am On Aug 19, 2019
tegafej:

UNIBEN on the list?

Where did you get your statistics from?
Do u have a problem with dat. undecided
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Rajosh(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2019
is this even supposed to be an issue?
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Retrography(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=datola post=81386868]When President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurates his cabinet on Wednesday, a group of people will stand out. They are the Alumni of the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in Kaduna State.

What is prestigious about ABU other than mediocre graduates turned thieving politicians.

You hardly find their names on any international honours list. Local champion people.

Let me chip in: Donald Duke of Cross River is a graduate of A.B.U Zaria.

1 Like

Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by encryptjay(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2019
Jarus:

Reasons are:

1, North has 19 states, South has 17. ABU is the most prestigious school in the North. 4 schools (UNILAG, UI, OAU & UNN, even UNIBEN) share that in the South. So while almost all the VIPs of the North attended ABU, these 4 schools share that of the South. In fact, SW schools will be the most hit as 3 of these top 6 first generation schools are concentrated there.

2, ABU is more cosmopolitan than the Southern schools. So you have southern students schooling there. You hardly find northerners in universities in the South. What that means is, a southern product of ABU will also be competing with southern products of southern schools for slots of southern states. So a southern product of ABU can be the minister from Oyo or Imo state!
This is on point sir.
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by vixpal: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2019
Idrismusty97:
Americans aren't good at playing football so they created their own football and play it with hand. Now they are world champions even though they are the only ones playing it. You get my point now?
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by ogabs20(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2019
datola:
When President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurates his cabinet on Wednesday, a group of people will stand out. They are the Alumni of the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in Kaduna State.

Have you heard of Andrew Nok, how about Muhammad Bande
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by IGBOSON1: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2019
Tamasaba:
So what? I am sure the op is an ABU alumni too feeling funky about this. How does that change your life?

He doesn't know this ABU old boys network is the manifestation of just what's wrong with Nigeria! But of course it had to be ABU alumnus....they're the 'educated branch' of the 'owners of Nigeria'!

1 Like

Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Golddiegrey(m): 10:22am On Aug 19, 2019
Little wonder the country is in a mess. The best of the north intelligentsia abysmal failure!.
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2019
This is either a planned attack on Buhari appointment or a smart marketing strategy for ABU Zaria ..either way all appointees are deserving

Do you have any facts or evidence on their characters or past acts?No so this is a senseless post
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 19, 2019
datola:

You are are truly an educated Illiterate ...so there names much be internationally recognised? How many people on trump ,Boris's cabinet are internationally recognised ?

I hope you are bit deceiving your self that ABU ZARIa is mediocre ...that will be height of self delusion
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by blueghost(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
ABU too contributed it's own quota to the problems of Nigeria
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Caseless: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
datola:

e dey pain you. Every country or continent has a university that's recognized and easily identified with, as for west African subregion , nigeria or Africa at large, that university of pride is A.B.U. it's prestigious because it produces leaders just like other prestigious ones in other climes do.
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by tegafej(m): 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2019
cybertron88:

Do u have a problem with dat. undecided

Do I sound like I have a problem?

I simply asked of the source
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Gyarah: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Jarus:

Reasons are:

What a balanced reasoning my dear.
That the advantage ABU has far & above other institutions in Nigeria
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by DavidTariq96(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
datola:

oga go check ur facts well, bush man...i ain't from north but d school is dope
Las las na lesson u attend thinking u went to a university
Sniper don cheap sha u fit still contact am very fast
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by seanwilliam(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Jarus:

Go and read about the universities called first generation universities in Nigeria.
I think uniben is second generation like dem unilorin
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by seanwilliam(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2019
Well to me, in political corridor Abu is the most influential in Nigeria... In entertainment industry it's unilag..in educational line it's UI
Re: ABU Alumni Dominate Buhari’s Cabinet by Jarus(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
seanwilliam:
I think uniben is second generation like dem unilorin

No

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The Only Hausa State That Has About 80% Christian Indigenes / Boko Haram Attack In Potiskum Yobe State / EFCC Begins Road Walk Against Corruption In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.