Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. (2171 Views)

Passport Application In Immigration Office At Minna / Ghana Deports 700 Nigerians Involved In Fraud, Prostitution, Robbery / It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by RealistSuper: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
P.S. I created this moniker solely to alert VFS Global, Get attention of anyone within the Belgian circle or anyone who can help and also to WARN ANYONE WHO MAY BE TEMPTED TO APPLY FOR A BELGIAN VISA

Thinking of applying for a Belgium Visa? Forget it. You will be burned!

This is the warning I wished I read or knew of before making the disastrous mistake of applying for a Belgium visa on the 5/7/2019. The day started as a normal Friday, Early Morning by 8:30am, I was already at the VFS Global center in Lekki where the Belgium and some other schengen Visa applications are made. As I couldn't get an appointment for France, I opted to apply for Belgium since they are both schengen countries making sure that all required documents as on their website was submitted.

A summary of my travel history, I am not a stranger to international travels in fact I have traveled and lived in the United Kingdom for over 8 years and have long running travel visa with the U.K., I have traveled to the USA and then some African countries on vacations. So by every standard, getting a Belgium visa should at least not be an issue. Well this I thought when I applied however it is shocking that 1 month and 2 weeks after my application for a visa to Belgium, I have not received even a decision and I have been calling VFS Global who I think based on my opinion and findings are complacent in this massive fraud by the Belgian embassy.

I have been calling all the Belgian embassy numbers available to me on the internet ad even on one occasion I called Belgium home office as I read that they decide visa applications to tell them to just release my passports that I don't want to travel again only to be told that I have to get a reference number from their embassy in Nigeria as the reference number gave to me by VFS Global is fake/invalid/wrong
From my research, Belgium is a very racist country and I believe that they just collect the visa fees which by the way is the most expensive amongst all other schengen countries and then dump your passport to gather dust.

Please anyone who has any contact to the Belgian embassy or any information on how to get my passports back should please advise me. I don't want to travel to Belgium again. Please just deny me the visa and release my passports. I missed my travel to the United Kingdom on Saturday the 17/8/2019 simply because I made an error of even thinking about applying for a Belgian visa.

Dear compatriots, please don't get caught in this collaborative mess between Belgian embassy and VFS Global who told me when I called them over the status of my passports that "Belgium is known for attending to visa applications whenever they feel like" WHAT? Why tell me this after paying over N48,000 in fees. Why his wickedness from people who are meant to guide us during visa applications. Belgium please release my passports, I don't want your visa again. I am about to miss my conference in he UK.

@lalastica please approve for front page to warn others.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by gunuvi(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Please front page
Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by Recruitmentedu: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Bro, if you livedin uk for 8yrs as you said, isnt it wise to have applied for citizenship and save yourself all this stress.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by adigunomomama(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
RealistSuper:

P.S. I created this moniker solely to alert VFS Global, Get attention of anyone within the Belgian circle or anyone who can help and also to WARN ANYONE WHO MAY BE TEMPTED TO APPLY FOR A BELGIAN VISA

Thinking of applying for a Belgium Visa? Forget it. You will be burned!

This is the warning I wished I read or knew of before making the disastrous mistake of applying for a Belgium visa on the 5/7/2019. The day started as a normal Friday, Early Morning by 8:30am, I was already at the VFS Global center in Lekki where the Belgium and some other schengen Visa applications are made. As I couldn't get an appointment for France, I opted to apply for Belgium since they are both schengen countries making sure that all required documents as on their website was submitted.

A summary of my travel history, I am not a stranger to international travels in fact I have traveled and lived in the United Kingdom for over 8 years and have long running travel visa with the U.K., I have traveled to the USA and then some African countries on vacations. So by every standard, getting a Belgium visa should at least not be an issue. Well this I thought when I applied however it is shocking that 1 month and 2 weeks after my application for a visa to Belgium, I have not received even a decision and I have been calling VFS Global who I think based on my opinion and findings are complacent in this massive fraud by the Belgian embassy.

I have been calling all the Belgian embassy numbers available to me on the internet ad even on one occasion I called Belgium home office as I read that they decide visa applications to tell them to just release my passports that I don't want to travel again only to be told that I have to get a reference number from their embassy in Nigeria as the reference number gave to me by VFS Global is fake.
From my research, Belgium is a very racist country and I believe that they just collect the visa fees which by the way is the most expensive amongst all other schengen countries and then dump your passport to gather dust.

Please anyone who has any contact to the Belgian embassy or any information on how to get my passports back should please advise me. I don't want to travel to Belgium again. Please just deny me the visa and release my passports. I missed my travel to the United Kingdom on Saturday the 17/8/2019 simply because I made an error of even thinking about applying for a Belgian visa.

Dear compatriots, please don't get caught in this collaborative mess between Belgian embassy and VFS Global who told me when I called them over the status of my passports that "Belgium is known for attending to visa applications whenever they feel like" WHAT? Why tell me this after paying over N48,000 in fees. Why his wickedness from people who are meant to guide us during visa applications. Belgium please release my passports, I don't want your visa again. I am about to miss my conference in he UK.

@lalastica please approve for front page to warn others.

Hmm! This is serious
Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by Bunker1(m): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
Had it been you where to be in Belgium, will you still be talking about conference in UK.
You will get your passport back, don't blame them much, blame the passport that has no value.

3 Likes

Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by Temishams: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
Na waoo and our govt wont do anything.
Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by TWoods(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
This is unserious. I have been to Belgium several times and have held Schengen visas issued by the Belgian embassy for years. VFS global is not affiliated with the Belgian embassy so it is not the problem of the embassy if VFS issued you a fake reference number. This is an issue you will have to settle with VFS.

Secondly, when you apply for a Belgian visa for the first time, they tell you how long it will take. When you apply from the US, the embassy advises you to wait at least 3 weeks for them to get back to you. They have to do a background check and your passport is sent to Brussels for visa stamping. I can imagine it will take a minimum of 6 weeks to do that if you were applying from Nigeria. The issue is not the Belgian embassy, it is the fact that the background check process is inefficient because almost no Nigerian institution keeps any records of value.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by RealistSuper: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
Recruitmentedu:
Bro, if you livedin uk for 8yrs as you said, isnt it wise to have applied for citizenship and save yourself all this stress.

Ignorance bro but I decided to get a long term travel plan to the U.K. In hindsight, there was nothing stopping me from getting the British passport

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by RealistSuper: 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Bunker1:
Had it been you where to be in Belgium, will you still be talking about conference in UK.
You will get your passport back, don't blame them much, blame the passport that has no value.

I wanted to combine both trips. And I am now at risk of loosing the most important which is the U.K. Because of Belgium. Very angry bro
Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by RealistSuper: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
TWoods:
This is unserious. I have been to Belgium several times and have held Schengen visas issued by the Belgian embassy for years. VFS global is not affiliated with the Belgian embassy so it is not the problem of the embassy if VFS issued you a fake reference number. This is an issue you will have to settle with VFS.

Secondly, when you apply for a Belgian visa for the first time, they tell you how long it will take. When you apply from the US, the embassy advises you to wait at least 3 weeks for them to get back to you. They have to do a background check and your passport is sent to Brussels for visa stamping. I can imagine it will take a minimum of 6 weeks to do that if you were applying from Nigeria. The issue is not the Belgian embassy, it is the fact that the background check process is inefficient because almost no Nigerian institution keeps any records of value.

I never said VFS Global is affiliated to the Belgian embassy, however as an experienced visa application processing company, giving customers advice or pre-information regarding applications to countries should be a matter of morales but NO they are blinded with their percentage charge of the application fee. Telling me after waiting for over 5 weeks that Belgium looks at applications at their own time is not in anyway helpful.

There is no excuse for the Belgian embassy and their ridiculous processing time which you call "background check". I have read other embassies processing and making a decision on whether to grant visa or not within 5 working days. Even if Belgium needs 15 working days which is your 3 weeks, 5/7/2019 till 16/8/2019 is over 25 working days. This is crazy sir!

1 Like

Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by LewinskyMon: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
shocked
Re: The Fraud That Is The Belgium Visa Application In Nigeria. by megastu(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
OP,

If you say you are well travelled you should have been aware of Belgian embassy and their antics.

They are very well laid back and have very few staff. It takes donkey years to get a passport processed.

I am sure yours will soon be out. Just be patient
RealistSuper:

I never said VFS Global is affiliated to the Belgian embassy, however as an experienced visa application processing company, giving customers advice or pre-information regarding applications to countries should be a matter of morales but NO they are blinded with their percentage charge of the application fee. Telling me after waiting for over 5 weeks that Belgium looks at applications at their own time is not in anyway helpful.

There is no excuse for the Belgian embassy and their ridiculous processing time which you call "background check". I have read other embassies processing and making a decision on whether to grant visa or not within 5 working days. Even if Belgium needs 15 working days which is your 3 weeks, 5/7/2019 till 16/8/2019 is over 25 working days. This is crazy sir!

(1) (Reply)

Am About To Leave For BELARUS From Nigeria With A 2 Years Work Permit / German Embassy Seized My Passport Please Help Me / Anyone Studying In Slovakia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.