Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Stress Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Stress Of Life (186 Views)

Invocation Formula For Money Without Stress (not Ritual) / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Blessed In The Midst Of The Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stress Of Life by SonofIssachar: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2019
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”

She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you.........

Read More: https://daily-dew.com/the-stress-of-life/

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/08/19 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/08/19 / Five Things You Must Do Before Starting Any Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.