Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,240 members, 7,953,910 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary (8630 Views)

My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg / Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Christopher Ohizu (Ideato North LG Chairman) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by LegendHero(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
igwefivestar:
kid talk.

Afonja!!!

1 Like

Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by Almaiga: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
Only in the East. I wonder how Biafra would look like, when Nigeria finally gives them Independence?

Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by wink2015(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
Edithfavourite:
In a bid to draw the attention of the public to the 4 month-salary arrears owed them by the local government, workers of the Umuahia North local government council in Abia state on Monday staged a protest in Umuahia.

The workers are protesting non payment of their four months(4)salary and accrued allowance dating back to 2014.

They locked the gate to their office complex.

The are also calling for the immediate sack of the Chairman and his deputy.

They are calling on the state governor and ministry of finance to intervene in the matter.

Watch the video:
https://zenithnaija.com/umuahia-north-lga-workers-shut-down-council-in-protest-over-4-months-unpaid-salary/

They are waiting for crude oil money !
Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by ibechris(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2019
delamb01:
I thought Local Governments now receive their federal allocations directly from the federation account. Or are they demanding for what was due to them before the advent of the LG financial autonomy?

That is what they are demanding for my good brother...that LG chairman and his brother the Governor in the state ,are worse than Yahaya Bello combined.
Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by Zumpty(f): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
They ain't serious yet....
Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by KA24DETT(m): 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
There is no money .. Okezie borrowed heavily to pay for election and retain his seat. These guys do not care about anyone but themselves. ABIA state is finished..
Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by 4pppp(m): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
Is like the financial autonomy given to local governments in Nigeria did not work in Abia State , the state is still holding back local government salary up to 4 months
Re: Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary by 4pppp(m): 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
delamb01:
I thought Local Governments now receive their federal allocations directly from the federation account. Or are they demanding for what was due to them before the advent of the LG financial autonomy?
The financial autonomy didn't work in Abia

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Shares Powerful Message In Celebration Of World Teachers Day / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare / NLC Calls Off Strike Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.