Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 (2339 Views)

Igor Moroz Destroys His Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV By Dropping It From Helicopter / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2019
I am a bit confused as to why the Lexus GX is not compared side by side the G63 in terms of off road capability. I have read several reviews and seen lots of review videos on the GX and marvel at its beast mode ability off road. Yet it is classed alongside the LR4 and Mercedes GL. Only the Lexus LX 570 is classed alongside the G63.

Despite its 301hp, I'll personally take the GX 460 rather than the G63 without blinking for its reliabilty, longevity (still runs like new even after 130,000 miles), off road agility and great resale value. I hope to get one soonest after disposing off my Lexus RX. Am I missing something great auto minds?
Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by king406(m): 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
If you are trying to stand out, it is not wise in this comparison.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
king406:

I'm talking off road capability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by nurey(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
lexio:

I'm talking off road capability.

The GX is a cut down version of the LX, you can't compare a GX to the G63 nah, you didn't even pick G500 haba not to sound aggressive but the G63 rides off-road in style, the GX doesnt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by mejai(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
Just 130k miles.... Gwag never warm up sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=mejai post=81405888]Just 130k miles.... Gwag never warm up sef[/quote

Are you talking accumulated miles bro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
nurey:

The GX is a cut down version of the LX, you can't compare a GX to the G63 nah, you didn't even pick G500 haba not to sound aggressive but the G63 rides off-road in style, the GX doesnt.

Yes I agree the GX is a cut down version of the LX in terms of luxury. But off road? I disagree. GX is king

I picked the G63. Compare the older generation (1990 - 2018) and that of the lexus GX especially the from 2003, you'll love the GX. Still looking agile and endearing.

People hardly let go of their GX.

Driving in style off road? I beg to disagree if that exists. Going through offroad unscated is the koko here. Both will do so effortlessly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by nurey(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
lexio:

Yes I agree the GX is a cut down version of the LX in terms of luxury. But off road? I disagree. GX is king

I picked the G63. Compare the older generation (1990 - 2018) and that of the lexus GX especially the from 2003, you'll love the GX. Still looking agile and endearing.

People hardly let go of their GX.

Driving in style off road? I beg to disagree if that exists. Going through offroad unscated is the koko here. Both will do so effortlessly.

There was an off-road comparison between the G class, Range Rover, Audi Q7 TDI and Land cruiser. Remember the land cruiser is a standard version of the LX.

All cars did well because it was an off-road comparison purely I remembered vividly the landcruiser was touted as an offroad water depth vehicle, the Q7 won in the engines department because of it V12 diesel Engine.

Now the Range Rover and G wagon went on head to head and did extremely well even the G-wagon was almost ahead with it's manual differential lock mechanism, the Range Rover won the battle only because it had side mirror camera which assisted in climbing rock bolder and evading danger of undercarriage damage.

I am not saying the GX is a bad off-road vehicle but when you remove reliability and focus purely on off-road, the GX stands no chance against a G-wagon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
nurey:

There was an off-road comparison between the G class, Range Rover, Audi Q7 TDI and Land cruiser. Remember the land cruiser is a standard version of the LX.

All cars did well because it was an off-road comparison purely I remembered vividly the landcruiser was touted as an offroad water depth vehicle, the Q7 won in the engines department because of it V12 diesel Engine.

Now the Range Rover and G wagon went on head to head and did extremely well even the G-wagon was almost ahead with it's manual differential lock mechanism, the Range Rover won the battle only because it had side mirror camera which assisted in climbing rock bolder and evading danger of undercarriage damage.

I am not saying the GX is a bad off-road vehicle but when you remove reliability and focus purely on off-road, the GX stands no chance against a G-wagon.

I am quite impressed and somewhat relieved with your submission especially the bolded. Why would anyone sacrifice reliability over momentray pleasures of brand prestige? Your pointing out of the manual differential lock mechanism of the G class is educative I must say. I appreciate your responses. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by kingreign(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2019
nurey:

For your mind.
Its said If you wanna go off road, take a ****, if you wanna go offroading and back take a yota/Lexus.

The outbacks, middle east, African Sahara, Moab have been conquered by yota/Lexus over and over.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by kingreign(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
lexio:
I am a bit confused as to why the Lexus GX is not compared side by side the G63 in terms of off road capability. I have read several reviews and seen lots of review videos on the GX and marvel at its beast mode ability off road. Yet it is classed alongside the LR4 and Mercedes GL. Only the Lexus LX 570 is classed alongside the G63.

Despite its 301hp, I'll personally take the GX 460 rather than the G63 without blinking for its reliabilty, longevity (still runs like new even after 130,000 miles), off road agility and great resale value. I hope to get one soonest after disposing off my Lexus RX. Am I missing something great auto minds?

Horsepower isn't everything in Off road, torque and ability to direct that torque to the wheels with the most traction is. A GX will give you this. Also, in off road conditions, rock crawling, wood lands, ravines and valley traversing you don't need a wide and overly heavy SUV, you need a narrow body SUV and one with lesser mass. The GX will give you these flawlessly. Also, the terrain selection modes in these trucks really work wonders especially when combined with X-REAS and KDSS and most importantly a very good off road tyre.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
kingreign:

For your mind.
Its said If you wanna go off road, take a ****, if you wanna go offroading and back take a yota/Lexus.

The outbacks, middle east, African Sahara, Moab have been conquered by yota/Lexus over and over.

You struck the right chords bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
kingreign:

Horsepower isn't everything in Off road, torque and ability to direct that torque to the wheels with the most traction is. A GX will give you this. Also, in off road conditions, rock crawling, wood lands, ravines and valley traversing you don't need a wide and overly heavy SUV, you need a narrow body SUV and one with lesser mass. The GX will give you these flawlessly. Also, the terrain selection modes in these trucks really work wonders especially when combined with X-REAS and KDSS and most importantly a very good off road tyre.

I'm most elated with the bolded. These I have seen and read over and over in reviews. Wondering why less talk of the GX and more of the G Class especially with our Nigerian terrain/roads that seem pepertually off-road. Thanks bro! I am sure making a right decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by kingreign(m): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
lexio:

I'm most elated with the bolded. These I have seen and read over and over in reviews. Wondering why less talk of the GX and more of the G Class especially with our Nigerian terrain/roads that seem pepertually off-road. Thanks bro! I am sure making a right decision.

You are. Plus the drive train of these vehicles are proven reliable and dependable. Its a truck that you'd take off road and when you're back, you wash it down and take it to a high end Beverly Hills restaurant for a date and not feel out of place..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
kingreign:

You are. Plus the drive train of these vehicles are proven reliable and dependable. Its a truck that you'd take off road and when you're back, you wash it down and take it to a high end Beverly Hills restaurant for a date and not feel out of place..

I hear you bro! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by conductor250: 3:15am On Aug 21, 2019
Lol. Comparing Toyota SUV with Mercedes "SUV" in ACTUAL drivability?

The only place you can bring Mercedes close to any vehicle that has Toyota/Lexus badge is when talking speed racing, 0-60 drag race and bodykit customization dickmeasuring contests between those 17-year-old overpampered Western Europe rich kids in the sports car segment but not in real-life driving (mpg, reliability, build quality, resale value, lifespan) - Toyota (even Corolla) will beat any Mercedes or German car without looking twice.

In real life Mercedes has no SUV (yes you read that right). I used to admire (even hoping to buy) the Gwagon years back until I saw the sad reddit/youtube/edmunds reviews by its drivers and the few guys I saw driving it in real life would never recommend it and always wanted to sell it off if they still had it. Go read the complaints. It's one hell of a car with mechanical, electrical and even door problems.

The Landcruiser/Lexus Lx and Landcruiser Prado /Lexus Gx class on the other hand is the world acclaimed king of the road with all the crawl/offroad features with additional luxury you won't find in some of these overpriced so-called luxury SUVs.

I won't talk about the other Mercedes "SUVs", those ML and BMW X6 clones they're making will not stand up to the Rav4 in practicality of being an SUV.

So there you go, you now know why your polithievecians only drive Landcruiser.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by conductor250: 3:19am On Aug 21, 2019
king406:
Stand out in the middle of other yahoo boys or what? Cos thats the only standout Mercedes can offer. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by king406(m): 3:23am On Aug 21, 2019
conductor250:

Stand out in the middle of other yahoo boys or what? Cos thats the only standout Mercedes can offer. cheesy
this is not c300

1 Like

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by conductor250: 3:40am On Aug 21, 2019
king406:
this is not c300
Haha. C300 is for entry-level yahoo fraudstars who just got 2m after selling stolen iTunes cards. The more mature-looking yet noisy Gwagon is affordable by ritualists (yahoo plus guys) and returnee Malaysia drug lords cheesy

Its a normal Mercedes thing in Nigeria and kinda similar elsewhere cheesy

OK let me explain in a way you will understand: Mercedes are not driven by the corporate/business/serious-minded class. It mostly aligns naturally with entertainment / youthy guys (and fraudstars).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by king406(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
conductor250:

Haha. C300 is for entry-level yahoo fraudstars who just got 2m after selling stolen iTunes cards. The more mature-looking yet noisy Gwagon is affordable by ritualists (yahoo plus guys) and returnee Malaysia drug lords cheesy

Its a normal Mercedes thing in Nigeria and kinda similar elsewhere cheesy

OK let me explain in a way you will understand: Mercedes are not driven by the corporate/business/serious-minded class. It mostly aligns naturally with entertainment / youthy guys (and fraudstars).
nurey did you open a new account?
Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by nurey(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
king406:
nurey did you open a new account?

No I didnt, that is not mine, I have only 1 other account I only use when I am banned
Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
conductor250:
Lol. Comparing Toyota SUV with Mercedes "SUV" in ACTUAL drivability?

The only place you can bring Mercedes close to any vehicle that has Toyota/Lexus badge is when talking speed racing, 0-60 drag race and bodykit customization dickmeasuring contests between those 17-year-old overpampered Western Europe rich kids in the sports car segment but not in real-life driving (mpg, reliability, build quality, resale value, lifespan) - Toyota (even Corolla) will beat any Mercedes or German car without looking twice.

In real life Mercedes has no SUV (yes you read that right). I used to admire (even hoping to buy) the Gwagon years back until I saw the sad reddit/youtube/edmunds reviews by its drivers and the few guys I saw driving it in real life would never recommend it and always wanted to sell it off if they still had it. Go read the complaints. It's one hell of a car with mechanical, electrical and even door problems.

The Landcruiser/Lexus Lx and Landcruiser Prado /Lexus Gx class on the other hand is the world acclaimed king of the road with all the crawl/offroad features with additional luxury you won't find in some of these overpriced so-called luxury SUVs.

I won't talk about the other Mercedes "SUVs", those ML and BMW X6 clones they're making will not stand up to the Rav4 in practicality of being an SUV.

So there you go, you now know why your polithievecians only drive Landcruiser.

Hey bro! I just wish I have what it takes to bluetooth one very chilled bottle of Heineken to you for exposing the scam all these overhyped auto brands have been. Straitjacket auto ideologues will call this discussion trash talk and zoom off to more consoling threads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Lexus GX 460 Vs 2018 Mercedes G63 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
conductor250:

Seems Mercedes bots will come after you soon... cheesy cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Late 2016 Passat CC With Tsi Engine 4 Cylinder For Sale. / Economy: "Toyota" Or "Peugeot 406" Advice Me On Fuel Consumption / Have You Ever Bought A Flood Title Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.