Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Sara Abdul Vow To Rehabilitate Inmates, Ex-convict In Abuja,sokoto, Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sara Abdul Vow To Rehabilitate Inmates, Ex-convict In Abuja,sokoto, Plateau (359 Views)

NRC To Rehabilitate Minna-Baro Rail Line With ₦80 Billion / Politician Flies His Girlfriend, Sara Abdul, On Nigerian Air Force JET - Video / Youths In Neked Imo Contribute Money To Rehabilitate Road Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sara Abdul Vow To Rehabilitate Inmates, Ex-convict In Abuja,sokoto, Plateau by johnmicheal3776: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
Sara Abdul vow to rehabilitate inmates, exconvicts in Abuja, Sokoto others

The president and founder of the Shamies Usual Heart Foundation, nongovernmental organization (NGO) Sara Abdul has vowed to work with different agencies as well as Nigeria Correctional Service (NCS) to rehabilitate twenty nine inmates in Abuja, plateau and Sokoto states respectively.

Abdul who stated this in Abuja while celebrating her birthday to launch her NGO said her main target is to rehabilitate inmates currently servicing with mere offences and unable to seek self help or expresses themselves before law enforcement agencies over pretty offences as well reform exconvicts back to the society.

According to her, the NGO will focus more on empowering and rehabilitating inmates both male and female especially those on remand with minor offenses in Abuja, Sokoto and Jos prison respectively to kick the objectives of the foundation.

‘The main objectives of the foundation center on prison care, rehabilitation of inmates as well ass and exconvicts reform, the foundation will fight for inmates who could not fight for themselves just for little offences, we want to rehabilitate exconvicts back to the society.

We have chosen three states after carrying out some internal works to identified states to start with and came up with Abuja, plateau and Sokoto states respectively.

‘How can someone be reminded for stealing a chicken, that showed such person cannot pay bills but need empowerment, we want to rehabilitate some by working with others government agencies to empower inmates and exconvicts back to the society.

According to her, the foundation is not only to bail them out, rehabilitate but engage them in skills acquisitions for the betterment of Nigeria.

‘Personally, I have been doing this job for some years now before laughing it today officially because it will be difficult for me alone to handle it,

So far, I have identified twenty nine to rehabilitate both male and female, my target is one hundred to empower from now till October but so far, I have gotten twenty nine from three states over petty off fences and are spending more time that they should spend.

‘It beat me to think, someone who stole chicken of one thousand five hundred naira are in prison, let’s me tell you, Some people don't even visit prison to know how it look like until they are involved, you need to visit prison to see what imamates are going through, she enthused.
Re: Sara Abdul Vow To Rehabilitate Inmates, Ex-convict In Abuja,sokoto, Plateau by yanabasee(m): 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
From Abuja, you should start with that tall lanky vegetable....

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Secret PDP Disciples / Wike How To Make River State Truly A Christian State / Nigerian Senate Faults Suit Against Purchase Of Official Luxury Cars Worth ₦5.5b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.