Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That (16749 Views)

Checkout Reactions From Paul Okoye's Wife 7.8m Monthly Spousal Support / Divorce: Paul Okoye’s Wife, Anita, Demands N7.8m Monthly Support / Mo Abudu Receives Médailles, The First African To Receive It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Princsk1(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2019
AFROPOP star, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun aka Wizkid has become the first African artist to hit eight million monthly streams on Spotify.

Spotify is an online, music streaming platform that pays royalties based on the number of artists streams as a proportion of total songs streamed.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that streaming records revealed Wizkid’s popularity on the platform on Monday.

The previous record was held by Congolese rapper and singer, Maitre Gims. He had seven million monthly listeners.

This win follows Wizkid’s recent collaboration with DJ Spinall and Tiwa Savage on ‘Dis Love’.

Read Also; Seeing Wizkid and Olamide together makes me happy
The singer also featured on ‘Like,’ a new single by British-Ghanaian rapper and singer, Kojo Funds.

The music star is also the first African artist to walk the runway at a Dolce and Gabbana fashion show while his music `Soco’ played at the background.

Wizkid started recording music at age 11 and managed to release a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he and a couple of his church friends formed.

In 2018, he became the first African artiste to sell out Skyway Theatre. The only other artist who has achieved same feat in Minnesota, is Beyonce .

The ‘Sweet Love’ singer recently made Billboard entry for his collaboration with Beyonce on her ‘Lion King’-inspired album.

https://happeningsng.com/wizkid-emerges-first-african-to-hit-8m-monthly-listeners-on-spotify/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by abdulyaro66(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Ftc please patronize me and sell giftcard to me ABEG , I never chop since last week cry

2 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Dandyboy57(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Hi ft....
Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by RomeoEmpire(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Bellgal: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Congratulations my man

5 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Ahmed0336(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Wizkid going places, breaking records...

8 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Orokojasper(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Congrats to him and Nigerian music

6 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Kendumazy(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Congrats Baba nla

5 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by mekuso89(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
yaaaagggaaa!!!

1 Like

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by YorubaKing: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Davido and supporters go be like... grin

24 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by helinues: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2019
Nice one Wizzy bobo.. Lokeloke

2 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by sylvanus190: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2019
congrat

2 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by afroniger: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2019
I heard the whole Spotify 'hits' thing is a fraud because the listenership can be bought. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Xtopherprince(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2019
Front page already.... Babanla to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by anibi9674: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Jerkules: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2019
Wizkid right now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by eben2marketer: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2019
shocked
Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2019
one reason why i love wizkid is that he minds his business and doesn't make noise

21 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by anonimi: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2019
Bellgal:
Congratulations my man

Please ask your man if he has paid all his taxes to Fowler's FIRS and the LIRS.
Or is that not how people in saner climes do such that there environments are so much better and we are dumping ourselves there

[img]https://fatchicksings.files./2013/04/deathandtaxes.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by Evergreen4(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2019
Will soon become whiz man
Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by TheCvBank: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2019
We offer CV and cover letter services for job seekers and scholarship applicants.
Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2019
anonimi:

Please ask your man if he has paid all his taxes to Fowler's FIRS and the LIRS.
Or is that not how people in saner climes do such that there environments are so much better and we are dumping ourselves there

[img]https://fatchicksings.files./2013/04/deathandtaxes.jpg[/img]

Shut up

10 Likes

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2019
afroniger:
I heard the whole Spotify 'hits' thing is a fraud because the listenership can be bought. undecided

Davido fan spotted

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by anonimi: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by FINEBOBO92: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2019
if no get money wetin you get download now @ www.9jaforums.com now
Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by vibbb: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2019
Respect to King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obe, Haruna Ishola, Adewale Ayuba, K1, Beautiful Nobia, Asa, Orlando Owoh and Fela Anikulapo Kuti of Blessed memory.
Those are the musicians I know.

1 Like

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by afroniger: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Davido fan spotted

What nonsense is this? Must I be a Davido fan to say what I heard? Some of you have taken this famzing thing to stuppid proportions. Abeg grow up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spotify: Wizkid Hits 8m Monthly Listeners, Emerges First African To Achieve That by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2019

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fans Damage Eniola Badmus' Car In Lagos / Frank Edwards Celebrates His Mother On Women's Day With Emotional Message / Top 8 Celebrity Scandals Of 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.