Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich (576 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / As A Rich Person Now: If You Were Broke, What Would You Do To Become Rich Again? / How Can A Person Living In Nigeria Become Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich by Biggerbrocom(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
A lot of people are struggling financially and they said to themselves you know what I cannot become rich because I don’t have enough money, I don’t have enough capital, I don’t have the idea or I’m not in the right industry or I don’t have the right connection but from my experience that’s not what holds most people back, what hold’s people is one thing “EGO” that’s right Ego now you maybe thinking No I don’t have any Ego what are you’re talking about I’m just struggling financially I don’t have money No! That’s not true you see ego comes in many disguise when I was broke I had many of this ego holding me back today I’m going to share with you thirteen of them comment between and check if you recognize one of them and if you think you don’t have any of them that’s exactly the problem.

1. THE BLAME EGO you see many people blame people, the blame ego says well is not my fault is the government’s fault, is the industry fault, is my coworkers fault, is my parent fault, oh you know what I come from a dysfunctional family and I’ll not become rich, is because my supervisor is holding me back that’s why I can’t become rich. You see! the blame ego always say is someone else fault always pointing a finger and remember when you’re a finger to someone the other fingers a pointing at you. Do you you’ve this ego? Do you blame other people? You make excuses then maybe this what has be holding you back.

2. THE KNOW IT ALL EGO you see when I was broke I thought I know it all I don’t need to read books because I know what I was doing I was studying the basics and non of them worked because I thought I know what I was doing but guess what I don’t know shit you don’t know shit. You see the know it all ego always think they know everything keep doing the same thing again and again expecting a different result that’s the exact definition of insanity “the know it all”

3. THE FEARFUL EGO what holds lot of people back is fear of success, fear of failure, fear of making a mistake, think about it before you do something say to your self what if doesn’t work Or what If I lose money and what if I make a mistake then what happens, what if I don’t know what to do and what if I can’t figure it out my self. What if what if what if it does work? You see always remember fear is a distraction and it stand for
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
It’s nothing but a made up story in your own mind, so do you have the fear of ego holding you back?

4. THE COMFORT ZONE EGO it says I’m comfortable, I’m happy where I am, things are fine, I don’t need to be ambitious. that’s the problem your income zone is your comfort zone, when you get comfortable you’re not growing remember when you’re not growing you’re dying Do you have this ego holding you back right now? What are you gonna do about it?

5. THE JUDGMENTAL EGO I want you to imagine this you’re walking down the street and suddenly you hear vomuu vomuu and you see a white Ferrari vomuu just drove by what’s the first thought that comes through your mind? Comment below. my guess is his an asshoe who do he think he is, so selfish, possibly a greed bastard lavishing his dad’s money or if its a Lady we say she is a gold digger right? All these negativities guess what! That’s you judging other people. My question to you is How do you know? it’s all made up story in your mind right? And you say his not that good, she is not that pretty, his not that smart you’re judging other people you’re projecting your own insecurity your own value on other people. how do you know that man is not Harding working, how do you know his not a good husband? How do you know his not a family man? How do know his not someone who has worked twenty to thirty years to be where he is? That’s the point How do you know?
You judge you come to your own conclusion before you even talk to the person. you see how your mind works? How you’re going to be successful how you’re going to ever become rich if that’s the image you have for people who has be successful.

6 THE EXCUSE EGO is either if you can make excuses or you can make money because you can’t make both. An excuse is nothing more than a well planned lie, you see the excuse ego says I cannot afford it or that’s too far or that’s too difficult, I don’t have enough experience it’s always I can’t I can’t or I don’t know how. you see you can make a million excuses why you cannot do something you only need one good reason why you must it.
7. THE PEOPLE PLEASING EGO well I just want to make sure everybody is happy, everybody is okay, I know better, I don’t want to rock the bone or as long as everybody is okay I’m okay, you try to please people too much you put other people first nothing is wrong with that though but sometime in life you have to put your self first, you know when flying on a plane you got to pull on your own oxygen mask before helping someone else sometimes in life you have to put yourself first you have to be a little bit selfish so you can be generous comment below if you know what I’m talking about you always put your family first you always put others first my question to you is What about yourself? You maybe thinking you’re so selfless No! you are been selfish that’s people pleasing ego in plain.
8. THE JUSTIFICATION EGO you justify why you don’t do something, you justify why you can’t do it. You know I’m too young, I’m too old, I’m an immigrant, I speak with ascent, I don’t have experience or maybe you know what its too late I’m married I’ve got husband, I’ve got wife, I’ve got kids I can scarify for my kids or you know what I never wanted it in anyway. Is a lie you justify your failure don’t use your kids for an excuse use then as your motivation why you must do something not why you can’t do anything stop justifying.

Don't out 9,10,11,12 and 13

I could've have posted it here but I want an answers to the questions I asked and also expose you to other inspiring of articles of mine @

https://www.biggerbro.com/2019/08/17/13-things-to-avoid-if-you-want-to-become-rich/
Re: 13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich by Biggerbrocom(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
Bring your EGO down

Re: 13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich by Biggerbrocom(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2019
Good morning Nigeria
Re: 13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2019
This is a wonderful and useful writeup, many Nigerians miss opportunities due to lack of zeal to acquire knowledge.

Kudos op ,this is a masterpiece
Re: 13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich by Biggerbrocom(m): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2019
That's right
Re: 13 Things To Avoid If You Want To Become Rich by Biggerbrocom(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
We just launched a new program
On platform
Visit www.biggerbro.com/plr

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Be Broke If You Learn This Skill / What Is Plastic Manhole Or Plastic Chamber ? / How To Tap Into Food Stuff Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.