Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money (33109 Views)

Native Doctor Storms His Bank To Demand Access To His Money (pics/video) / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
What are the orders the man put on his account?

There are all sorts of security options you can decide on. Any transaction above x must be by me in person, etc. I am sure the bank is following the orders he laid out.. at this time, it may even be better, before some of those complaining clean out the mans account( “ he is going to die anyway, leave the money for the living”)
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by chemistry157: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
After sweating for money!!!
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by BlackfireX: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
The op is as confused as the Uganda bank, you upload pictures, cover some , uncover some.

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
Must be a WEALTHY MAN married to several WIVES
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by VIRGINlabia(m): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ibile77:
Haaaaaaaaa. Why ?to safe problem, to withdraw problem. Why problem upon problem?

To SAFE[b][/b]

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by DaddyMorenike: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
See as bank be like Bet9ja shop.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by nasirujj(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
First in history, 9ja better pass one country. No mobile, no customer care, no ATM or the bank don't have transport to bring the required documents to the hospital.. But if they are looking for customers the even meet you in church to advertise the �
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by backnbeta(f): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
tunary:
There is absolutely nothing fraudsters cannot do to scam people so the bank is right on this
They could have sent a personnel or two to verify his claims!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by linearity: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
AntiBrutus:
They were very right.

Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing on banking operations.

If he doesn't want to come to the bank physically, that is prior to his medical condition...he could have enrolled on alternative platforms.

-There are various e-banking services.
-There is cheque that could be issued to third parties.
-There is debit card.

So? Who were they expecting his money ne released to? When that person isn't on the mandate.

If he didn't trust his wife or any family member to include them in his mandate as at when he opened the account. Why does he expect the bank to trust them?

You made some sense in your post.

In many cases, there are alternative requirements when the original owner is incapacitated. The bank policy requires that he be verified and not necessarily that, he comes physically to the banking hall.

Otherwise, why did the bank initially had to send their staff, then the bank manager to go to the hospital to take pictures? It appear, they wanted to verify him using alternate documented means, but someone at the bank put a break on all that and insisted on him showing up.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by nasirujj(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
ornicus:
What are the orders the man put on his account?

There are all sorts of security options you can decide on. Any transaction above x must be by me in person, etc. I am sure the bank is following the orders he laid out.. at this time, it may even be better, before some of those complaining clean out the mans account( “ he is going to die anyway, leave the money for the living”)

If that's the case that means the man will modify the security after this scenario
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by toprealman: 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ibile77:
Haaaaaaaaa. Why ?to safe problem, to withdraw problem. Why problem upon problem?
what's funny bro?
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by 12345baba(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Bad market
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
linearity:

You made some sense in your post.

In many cases, there are alternative requirements when the original owner is incapacitated. The bank policy requires that he be verified and not necessarily that, he comes physically to the banking hall.

Otherwise, why did the bank initially had to send their staff, then the bank manager to go to the hospital to take pictures? It appear, they wanted to verify him using alternate documented means, but someone at the bank put a break on all that and insisted on him showing up.

The bank is under no obligation to release a customer's funds to a third party without due authorization.

Even when they do it, it is usually the account officer going the extra length to bend some rules.

It is possible the man can't even sign again, at that point, the right thing is to sight the customer in the bank. Let CCTV capture him as the initiator of that transaction.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
nasirujj:

If that's the case that means the man will modify the security after this scenario

Don’t be sure of that. He may have decided that he does not trust anyone in the family with access to his money.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by royalamour(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ibile77:

It's save not safe.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Belleful: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
All this bank people can be very annoying. When they need your money, they will be the one running after you like flies on mango. Once you give them your money to bank, they immediately imprison the money and then start giving you one big grammar or the other. Go here go here, fill this fill that bla bla bla.
For years, I have always hated the banking system even till date.
Read my signature
I still see our banking system as a form of suffering and smiling. that's why I don't have a kobo in my account.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by sylve11: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

For years, I have always hated the banking system even till date.

see, nobody hate the banking system reach me. sometimes, i feel it is better you go to the police station than you going to the bank....... angry cool
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by osazsky(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
Y not use d atm Africa my africa
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by foster212: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
Why not send the bank representative or account officer to him in the hospital instead of stressing the man this way?

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by foster212: 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
baddosky1:
Bloggers and foolishness!

You show us the pictures of their faces and the next picture has their face hidden.

A special kind of hell is reserved for bloggers
You dey mind am.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by linearity: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
AntiBrutus:

The bank is under no obligation to release a customer's funds to a third party without due authorization.

Even when they do it, it is usually the account officer going the extra length to bend some rules.

It is possible the man can't even sign again, at that point, the right thing is to sight the customer in the bank. Let CCTV capture him as the initiator of that transaction.

Again, the key words are ‘without due Authorization from the customer’ with today’s technology that authorization can still be done and documented without wheeling him into the banking hall.

There are CCTV cameras in the hospital, they can make documented video call, or documented video authorization.

It is not true that, it is the account holder that will always go the extra mile. The scenario that likely played out here is that, this is not a big fish customer and his account value is not much.

Bank managers are known to even withdraw money and take them personally to the account holder, if the individual is a big fish with a fat account. All these policies are usually only enforced to the later, if the account holder is poor, otherwise the banks know of other subsisting requirements to employed given the circumstance, that will still meet their authorization & verification requirements.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
linearity:

Again, the key words are ‘without due Authorization from the customer’ with today’s technology that authorization can still be done and documented without wheeling him into the banking hall.

There are CCTV cameras in the hospital, they can make documented video call, or documented video authorization.

It is not true that, it is the account holder that will always go the extra mile. The scenario that likely played out here is that, this is not a big fish customer and his account value is not much.

Bank managers are known to even withdraw money and take them personally to the account holder, if the individual is a big fish with a fat account. All these policies are usually only enforced to the later, if the account holder is poor, otherwise the banks know of other subsisting requirements to employed given the circumstance, that will still meet their authorization & verification requirements.

The hospital's CCTV is different from the bank's.

If you want to do "third party" transactions, then use a cheque, debit card or online transfers.

The minute you reject all those alternative channels, be very prepared to come into the bank and sign. The teller must SIGHT you. If the teller decides he won't release funds without sighting the customer, someone must be very prepared to take up that liability, most times the account officer.

Bank managers are most times senior "account officers". It might please you to know that if anything goes wrong while the bank manager is moving that money to the so called "big customer", he is on his own.

Do whatever you have to do to get the job done. In the event something goes wrong, you will know there are guidelines for a reason.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by BilltheDON(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ok

Check my signature for ur plain and pattern materials
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lamasta:
You can't blame the bank o they are just trying to act safe cos of scammers everywhere grin

It happens to me too when my dad was sick then though late now I had to go to the bank with my mum to enquire if my mum the wife can withdraw money on behalf of my dad but ECO BANK refuses and said until they see my dad even if he is sick, to cut the long story short we had to carry my dad to the bank even me I wasn't happy because of the inconvenience my dad had to go through that day but when we arrived the bank we just applied for another ATM and left to withdraw from the machine outside.

In u.s.a the bank only needs to call the hospital where the man is admitted and upon verification, all funds will be released to next of kins. Black people are terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Fantazy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
jumobi1:
They want him to die so they can keep the money?

No, banks don't do such
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by OChimex: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
whytediamond:
Trust issues. Bank no want hear say them pay money wey dem no chop

Nothing about trust here. It's just lack of common sense to know that laws are applied with peculiarities.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by naijajobx: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Surulereman(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
Another shit hole country.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by blank(f): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
That's why you should have POA on your account or a secondary signatory.
Imagine if someone was trying to pull a scam on the man and they release the money to the scammer. The man would have been shouting from the roof top and money loss to the bank as well as reputational loss.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by eddkeys(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
To an extent, I won't blame the bank, probably they are doing it because of the experience they have had before....
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Lamasta(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
DrObiHogan:

In u.s.a the bank only needs to call the hospital where the man is admitted and upon verification, all funds will be released to next of kins. Black people are terrible.

This cannot happen in Nigeria for now cos we are still way behind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 / Why Nigeria Banned Bitcoin - What You Should Know / Okonjo-iweala “ready” To Be World Bank President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.