Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money (33102 Views)

Native Doctor Storms His Bank To Demand Access To His Money (pics/video) / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by valicious1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
crazyABO:
yes queen
Ewu
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by RiyadhGoddess(f): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
sylve11:

see, nobody hate the banking system reach me. sometimes, i feel it is better you go to the police station than you going to the bank....... angry cool

Lols I hate it 100%
I would rather wrap my money well and keep my money under my bed if I have my way.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by RiyadhGoddess(f): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2019
Belleful:

I still see our banking system as a form of suffering and smiling. that's why I don't have a kobo in my account.

I hate the banking system 101%
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by breezeng: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
If you want your family to enjoy the money you kept in bank after your demise, please include a co signatory in your mandate. Your wife or any of your child. Banks are never happy when you do this because they know that you have outsmarted them. They are bunch of rogue. They collude with Court Staff to siphon the deceased money. Note that it's even illegal for anyone to withdraw fund from a deceased person account, either by Atm or any other platforms.
Please include a co signatory in your mandate, else your family may have to run around borrowing money for your funeral while you have bunch of unused money lying fallow in d bank.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by maasoap(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
Olayinka8793:
The bank went too far. Also the sick man supposed have different mean of accessing his money via ATM and mobile transfer. One could forgive the incohernce in the sick man daughter's narration of what happened, but not the watery and grammatically flawed response of the verified handle of a professional bank to @Richard's query regarding the incident.

The responder knew exactly what he was doing, he avoided answering the question.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by maasoap(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lamasta:
You can't blame the bank o they are just trying to act safe cos of scammers everywhere grin

It happens to me too when my dad was sick then though late now I had to go to the bank with my mum to enquire if my mum the wife can withdraw money on behalf of my dad but ECO BANK refuses and said until they see my dad even if he is sick, to cut the long story short we had to carry my dad to the bank even me I wasn't happy because of the inconvenience my dad had to go through that day but when we arrived the bank we just applied for another ATM and left to withdraw from the machine outside.

But in this case, they sent two of their staff members to the hospital on two different occasions. Why were they doing that when they knew that they still wouldn't release his money?
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
breezeng:
If you want your family to enjoy the money you kept in bank after your demise, please include a co signatory in your mandate. Your wife or any of your child. Banks are never happy when you do this because they know that you have outsmarted them. They are bunch of rogue. They collude with Court Staff to siphon the deceased money. Note that it's even illegal for anyone to withdraw fund from a deceased person account, either by Atm or any other platforms.
Please include a co signatory in your mandate, else your family may have to run around borrowing money for your funeral while you have bunch of unused money lying fallow in d bank.

This is a priceless information
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Lamasta(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
maasoap:

But in this case, they sent two of their staff members to the hospital on two different occasions. Why were doing that when they knew that they still wouldn't release his money?

The bank manager must be wicked then
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Osanoghodua1: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
The branch head of operations may be fired. What needed to have been done is for a bank staff to go to the hospital and authenticate the the man's identity. I did it while serving in FCMB. Is just to be guided. Although at the expense of the account owner.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by frozen70(f): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
So even the bank branch manager can not follow them to the hospital to confirm ❓

We blacks don't have trust among ourselves
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by mechanics(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
hmmmm,does it mean the man does not have check book?
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
the bank no lie o, they did what dey are suppose to do. after woman fear Family relatives. They can do and undo.
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by lexy2014: 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lamasta:
You can't blame the bank o they are just trying to act safe cos of scammers everywhere grin

It happens to me too when my dad was sick then though late now I had to go to the bank with my mum to enquire if my mum the wife can withdraw money on behalf of my dad but ECO BANK refuses and said until they see my dad even if he is sick, to cut the long story short we had to carry my dad to the bank even me I wasn't happy because of the inconvenience my dad had to go through that day but when we arrived the bank we just applied for another ATM and left to withdraw from the machine outside.

It is very wrong of d bank. D bank should have detailed its staff to go 2d hospital to c ur dad. Its not rocket science. If they can go from house to house to ask people to open account, then it shouldn't cost them anything to go to d hospital to confirm that d transaction was authorised by ur dad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by General0847: 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
Africa
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by Lamasta(m): 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
lexy2014:

It is very wrong of d bank. D bank should have detailed its staff to go 2d hospital to c ur dad. Its not rocket science. If they can go from house to house to ask people to open account, then it shouldn't cost them anything to go to d hospital to confirm that d transaction was authorised by ur dad

It was really annoying then but one just got to comply
Re: Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money by godofuck231: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
No body want poor man problem ,if the money miss na drama, so he should come pick his money or send the next of kin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges / Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming / Why Nigeria Banned Bitcoin - What You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.