Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? (7769 Views)

Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / What Lessons Can IPOB, Yoruba Nation Supporters Learn From Russia/Ukraine War? / Can IPOB Rescue Nnamdi Kanu From DSS Custody? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
As my name indicates, I am a GermanNig (of Igbo origin, I might add); I have lived LEGALLY in Germany since 2005. I left Nigeria LEGALLY to study in Germany and things have been great for me since then. I am also a veteran of Nairaland, having joined since 2007. I want to speak briefly on the assault on Ekweremadu and the bigger implications for Nigerian politicians visiting foreign countries with significant Diaspora Nigerian presence moving forward. These corrupt politicians come abroad to spend our stolen wealth. They oppress you at home with the money they stole from you. They also want to oppress us abroad with the same money. We abroad are not letting them go scot-free. Assaulting politicians is an acceptable action in many developed countries. However, you may run afoul of the law, depending on the degree and nature of the assault. Politicians have been stoned, egged, knocked or hit in the US, Europe, Australia, Turkey, Ukraine and other places. Ekweremadu was not really beaten to stupor; he was roughened up a little, harassed and stoned. As an Ajibota, he was sweating like a Christmas goat for a little roughening up, when compared to what ordinary Nigerians take from the Nigerian system every passing day. So, what happened to him was no innovation by IPOB; it was an anticipated development, even if new for Nigeria. It did not rise to the level of being against German laws. Therefore, we saw in the interview by the German police in Nuremberg essentially saying case is OVER. Everyone go home.

The photo below is what Amechi said in 2013. Fast forward to 2019 and the Nigerian leaders are starting to be assaulted not by Nigerians in Nigeria (all of you back home are BLOODY cowards), but by Nigerians (Igbos) abroad. I completely support assaulting them within the ambits of the law of each country. However, I beg IPOB to observe the ''Charity-begins-at-home'' mantra. This means that they should only assault Igbo politicians (those found wanting in terms of not representing their people as they should, and stealing public funds). Imagine where the 5 incompetent Igbo governors (and the local govt chairmen) are harassed and pelted anytime they step their feet abroad. They will sit back home and do the job of leading their states to economic greatness. That way, Igbos will not have to migrate en mass abroad.

This brings me to the question: Can IPOB assault somebody like Tinubu in Germany?

Nigeria is a highly tribalized society. As such, IPOB may be seen as having no ''cultural right'' to assault or harass a corrupt Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani or other non-Igbo corrupt politicians. The ethnic perception of the events leading to the Biafra war, in which corrupt leaders of other ethnic groups were rounded up by Nigerians mainly of Igbo extraction, MUST not be repeated by IPOB. For the public assault on Nigerian politicians visiting foreign countries to be effective, each ethnic group must only deal with their own thieves. Imagine IPOB attacking Tinubu in Germany? That will be Biafra War 2.0 accusation from the Yorubas.

Of course, any Nigerian can verbally attack any political leader, regardless of ethnicity and within the ambit of free speech. IPOB has now set the ball rolling. Let's see other Nigerians abroad take on their own bad leaders when they visit.

15 Likes

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by FSU: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Well captured. And, Amechi is one helluva honest politician

3 Likes

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by OfoIgbo: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nnaa you are sounding like Tinubu gave you money to go and lobby IPOB to ensure Tinubu is not attacked.

Unfortunately, Tinubu's actions is not affecting only his Yoruba people. In the past, he has boasted of playing a key role in installing the dullard at Aso Rock, which means his actions are affecting Igbos indirectly.

So I will not be castigating IPOB or Kanu if they harrass Tinubu also

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
OfoIgbo:
Nnaa you are sounding like Tinubu gave you money to go and lobby IPOB to ensure Tinubu is not attacked.

Unfortunately, Tinubu's actions is not affecting only his Yoruba people. In the past, he has boasted of playing a key role in installing the dullard at Aso Rock, which means his actions are affecting Igbos indirectly.

So I will not be castigating IPOB or Kanu if they harrass Tinubu also

Dude, I just used Tinubu as an example. You can replace Tinubu with Buhari or Oshiomhole or any non-Igbo politician. And, are you by any means suggesting that Yorubas or Hausa will take it lightly if an Igbo group assaults their leaders (even corrupt leaders)? If so, you must be lacking a sense of NIGERIAN tribalism history.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by MudRaker: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
If I catch that frog eyed bastard one on one anywhere even in Nigeria nah Osogbo correct factory reseting slap I go give am so tey him go deny Lagos and Tinubu as him name.

17 Likes

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by MusaChukwudi: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
That's the day IGBO people will be VACATED from Lagos! Nonsense and ingredient!

You will eventually bite the hand that feeds the whole of Igboland!!!!

LZAA immhotep! I am so angry right now!!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by MusaChukwudi: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
MudRaker:
If I catch that frog eyed bastard one on one anywhere even in Nigeria nah Osogbo correct factory reseting slap I go give am so tey him go deny Lagos and Tinubu as him name.

Go and start with your the head of your household first. Touch Tinubu and every igboman will leave lagos......una shop will be permanently close! Nonsense!

LZAA immhotep

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Olodo Rabata! I am sure you read just the caption and not the content.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Ikengawo: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
'MusaChukwudi', lol

1 Like

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by celeiyke: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Chest beaters everywhere. I can bet u nothing will happen. Who told u Tinubu is d Lord of the Yoruba? Alot of them no send am.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Smithkafors(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Igbo people vacate from Lagos,lol i don't know what you take igbos for, nonentities? You must be joking.....i repeat,nobody can pursue igbos from lagos.Let that day come first.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by gidgiddy: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
IPOB wouldn't touch Tinubu because he is not in a position of authority that affects IPOB.

Tinubu is nothing but a Yoruba Godfather in the South West, nothing links him to the East

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by lagdmark(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

You type like those conductors at oshodi oke.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by tunjiajayi: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Let the beating start from home, you guys should bring it home. Stop washing your dirty linen in public.

Bring it home!

1 Like

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by BOAR: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Smithkafors:

Igbo people vacate from Lagos,lol i don't know what you take igbos for, nonentities? You must be joking.....i repeat,nobody can pursue igbos from lagos.Let that day come first.

In 1993, they didn’t even pursue them, they ran away. The igbos in Lagos are the most cowardly of all igbos, maybe because they are too comfortable. grin

Just little shake in Presidential election, they all cowardly hid at home during the Governorship election

Bloody cowards grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Number1ekun: 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
If tunubu come over here in turkey,we yoruba will give him knock on the head even ambode,fasola and dat pastor.

1 Like

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
BOAR:

I’m 1993, they didn’t even pursue them, they ran away. The igbos in Lagos are the most cowardly of all igbos, maybe because they are too comfortable. grin

Too comfortable how? Lagos is the most ''shithole'' of the large cities in the world. Nothing is comforting living there.

3 Likes

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
tunjiajayi:
Let the beating start from home, you guys should bring it home. Stop washing your dirty linen in public.

Bring it home!

Like Kanu and Sowore did (just ordinary protests) at home and ended in jail right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by MudRaker: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Go and start with your the head of your household first. Touch Tinubu and every igboman will leave lagos......una shop will be permanently close! Nonsense!

LZAA immhotep

Hausas and fulanis are still in SW after what they did to Afonja, Diya, Awolowo and Abiola

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by tunjiajayi: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Germannig:

Like Kanu and Sowore did (just ordinary protests) at home and ended in jail right?

It is called a "Mandela" spearheading a revolution or war in proxy has never worked.

The battle is at home not offshore.

Bring it back, that's what having balls and conviction in doing what you are doing.
Get matyred if need be.

The battle is at home.

2 Likes

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by BOAR: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Germannig:

[s]Too comfortable how? Lagos is the most ''shithole'' of the large cities in the world. Nothing is comforting living there[/s].

If lagos is truly a shithole, it’s you igbos turning it into one with your unbridled emigration to the place not considering the place is already overburdened and over populated

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Afamed: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lol
Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by OfoIgbo: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
BOAR:

I’m 1993, they didn’t even pursue them, they ran away. The igbos in Lagos are the most cowardly of all igbos, maybe because they are too comfortable. grin

The Yoruba guy that last tested that theory, got a beating of his life in the last general election in Lagos. He would have been killed if not for the few Igbo Samaritans who intervened and safely conveyed him to a hospital

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
tunjiajayi:

It is called a "Mandela" spearheading a revolution or war in proxy has never worked.

The battle is at home not offshore.

Bring it back, that's what having balls and conviction in doing what you are doing.
Get matyred if need be.

The battle is at home.

Lol! Igbos have always fought Nigeria from home. Biafra is an easy example, as also is IPOB. What did Abiola do when he won the election? He ran away came back and died like a chicken.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by OfoIgbo: 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
gidgiddy:
IPOB wouldn't touch Tinubu because he is not in a position of authority that affects IPOB.

Tinubu is nothing but a Yoruba Godfather in the South West, nothing links him to the East

At the moment, he has been boasting about his influence in installing Buhari. Buhari is affecting the east negatively, so in a way, Tinubu is now fair game

As I once said, IPOB is now giving the Revolutionnow people ideas. I don't think the revolution has died. I believe it is still very much in the offing, only that Igbos and IPOB have the necessary braggadocio to move the revolution to the next level.

1 Like

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by OfoIgbo: 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
Germannig:

Dude, I just used Tinubu as an example. You can replace Tinubu with Buhari or Oshiomhole or any non-Igbo politician. And, are you by any means suggesting that Yorubas or Hausa will take it lightly if an Igbo group assaults their leaders (even corrupt leaders)? If so, you must be lacking a sense of NIGERIAN tribalism history.

My brother I don't think Igbos have that much to loose. In 1966, we held commanding positions in various aspects of human endeavour within Nigeria, but now, we have practically nothing save the businesses that we now do. We don't control the security scene, we don't control the federal government, we don't control any meaningful ministry.
But Igbos are extremely brave, and I think it is about time we started putting our bravery to good use, including coming after Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by Germannig: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
OfoIgbo:

My brother I don't think Igbos have that much to loose. In 1966, we held commanding positions in various aspects of human endeavour within Nigeria, but now, we have practically nothing save the businesses that we now do. We don't control the security scene, we don't control the federal government, we don't control any meaningful ministry.
But Igbos are extremely brave, and I think it is about time we started putting our bravery to good use, including coming after Tinubu.

My concern on that is the likely retaliatory assaulting, or even killing, of innocent Igbos in non-Igbo territories of Nigeria. IPOB must keep that possibility in mind before they attempt to assault a non-Igbo politician outside Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by BOAR: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
OfoIgbo:

The Yoruba guy that last tested that theory, got a beating of his life in the last general election in Lagos. He would have been killed if not for the few Igbo Samaritans who intervened and safely conveyed him to a hospital

Lmao!

You guys are chest beaters.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany? by awgumayor: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
Germannig:

Why asking the question since you knew the answer. Ipob or igbos will never fight for the benefit of all Nigerians again. The one they fought didn't go well for them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Distributes Relief Materials To 894 Flood Victims In Akwa Ibom / Anambra's Governor Soludo is failing - no infrastructure in 18months / Like NNPCL, NIMASA, NPA, Customs And Others Should Pay Revenues To CBN - Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.