Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s (1518 Views)

The Oppo Thread (oppo Users: Oppof11pro, Oppok1, Oppo A5s.) / Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions / OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by greychris: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
I created this thread so OPs who have bought this phone can share their good and experiences. I recently laid my hand on an OPPO phone after all the hype I’ve been seen on Big Brother and I must say that it is really different from what I am used to. As a sharp Naija boy, I love my specs and of course, my budget no too gallant like that. Anyhow, I ordered one of the mid-range OPPO phones from Jumia, A5s to be precise and here is my review:

Price 6/10
There were two options 3+32GB and 4+64GB at N54k and N69k. I definitely went for the bigger version. My storage and RAM are not up for negotiation. I wouldn’t say it is a cheap phone but for the quality, the price is quite okay.

Display 8/10
I really like the fact that the screen is big and the display resolution is not bad. A 720x1520 pixel on a 6.2-inch screen for the price is not bad at all. Especially when you realize that the screen is made from corning gorilla glass. The phone is rugged and big enough to enjoy my video games and Netflix. Also, the A5s has this special eye protection mode that prevents eye-aches when using the phone in the midnight.

Appearance & Design 7/10
I love the curves on this baby. The phone looks finer than the cost actually and there is no way I’m ever putting a pouch on it. It is surprisingly comfortable to hold in the hand even though it is rather on the big side and the sleekness can be spotted from afar. My only problem with it is that the body is made of some plastic-like material which is not bad but I just wished it came with a metallic body design. The phone is scratch proof and also very light, guess that is why OPPO used that material.

Camera 8/10
After seeing the N139k OPPO F11 Pro, I was thinking the camera on the OPPO A5s will be bad but truth is, it is not far off. It doesn’t have that rising camera though but the picture quality is actually very good. I personally have not seen any phone below 70k with a better camera than this OPPO A5s. It even takes pics in wide-angle mode.

Here are the specs in jargons: 13MP,f/2.2,AF + 2MP, f/2.4, depth sensor, with LED flash, HDR, panorama features!!!), selfie camera- (8MP, f/2.0 with HDR feature).

Battery Life and Performance 10/10
This phone’s battery is DOPE. Once I charge my A5s in the morning before leaving home, I don’t need to charge it all day until I come back. The battery is very big and also doesn’t drain fast at all. The 4230mAh battery lasts me over 24 hours even with heavy gaming and video calls.

Overall Rating 7.8/10
The phone doesn’t hang or get hot too. In fact, I always tell anyone that cares to listen that this OPPO is actually very good. Once I hold small bar, I’m upgrading to the F11 Pro. That phone is a beast

Where are my other OPPO A5s users, share your reviews and let’s relate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by MrYeezyB: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hmmmmm not bad. I dey reason buy second phone and this one no bad at all.

1 Like

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by greychris: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Hmmmmm not bad. I dey reason buy second phone and this one no bad at all.
Boss, trust me you dey make the right choice. You arit regretting it.

2 Likes

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by okolojay: 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
greychris:
I created this thread so OPs who have bought this phone can share their good and experiences. I recently laid my hand on an OPPO phone after all the hype I’ve been seen on Big Brother and I must say that it is really different from what I am used to. As a sharp Naija boy, I love my specs and of course, my budget no too gallant like that. Anyhow, I ordered one of the mid-range OPPO phones from Jumia, A5s to be precise and here is my review:

Price 6/10
There were two options 3+32GB and 4+64GB at N54k and N69k. I definitely went for the bigger version. My storage and RAM are not up for negotiation. I wouldn’t say it is a cheap phone but for the quality, the price is quite okay.

Display 8/10
I really like the fact that the screen is big and the display resolution is not bad. A 720x1520 pixel on a 6.2-inch screen for the price is not bad at all. Especially when you realize that the screen is made from corning gorilla glass. The phone is rugged and big enough to enjoy my video games and Netflix. Also, the A5s has this special eye protection mode that prevents eye-aches when using the phone in the midnight.

Appearance & Design 7/10
I love the curves on this baby. The phone looks finer than the cost actually and there is no way I’m ever putting a pouch on it. It is surprisingly comfortable to hold in the hand even though it is rather on the big side and the sleekness can be spotted from afar. My only problem with it is that the body is made of some plastic-like material which is not bad but I just wished it came with a metallic body design. The phone is scratch proof and also very light, guess that is why OPPO used that material.

Camera 8/10
After seeing the N139k OPPO F11 Pro, I was thinking the camera on the OPPO A5s will be bad but truth is, it is not far off. It doesn’t have that rising camera though but the picture quality is actually very good. I personally have not seen any phone below 70k with a better camera than this OPPO A5s. It even takes pics in wide-angle mode.

Here are the specs in jargons: 13MP,f/2.2,AF + 2MP, f/2.4, depth sensor, with LED flash, HDR, panorama features!!!), selfie camera- (8MP, f/2.0 with HDR feature).

This phone’s battery is DOPE. Once I charge my A5s in the morning before leaving home, I don’t need to charge it all day until I come back. The battery is very big and also doesn’t drain fast at all. The 4230mAh battery lasts me over 24 hours even with heavy gaming and video calls.

Overall Rating 7.8/10
The phone doesn’t hang or get hot too. In fact, I always tell anyone that cares to listen that this OPPO is actually very good. Once I hold small bar, I’m upgrading to the F11 Pro. That phone is a beast

On a low boss I could have said this phone is overhyped but mehn I have seen the phone and the look from afar is dope, sleek and trying out the camera left me in no doubts that it worth the price adding that it has a large battery capacity.
Anyways it's part of my budget on what my salary is going into in some weeks time. Trust me to share my own review and show you mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by kingcolearchive: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
greychris:

Price 6/10

Display 8/10

Appearance & Design 7/10

Camera 8/10

Overall Rating 7.8/10

I never knew oppo have affordable phone. I feel Oppo A5s is better than the xiaomi note 7. Thankz for this review...
Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by Gojugbeli: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
I never knew I could get a phone this good and affordable. I'm definitely buying this for myself on my birthday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by chumsfortech: 2:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
greychris:

Price 6/10

Display 8/10

Appearance & Design 7/10

Camera 8/10

Overall Rating 7.8/10

Impressed you actually got yourself a good brand. Anyways am still on my Oppo A3s hoping I get the Oppo f11 since thats the trending phone now and the device is so on point.

1 Like

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by okolojay: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
chumsfortech:

Impressed you actually got yourself a good brand. Anyways am still on my Oppo A3s hoping I get the Oppo f11 since that's the trending phone now and the device is so on point.

Hello? Did you just call it a device? It's a machine. Following the going to be released Oppo Reno trust me so many users Samsung users may sell their Galaxy Note 10/10+ for it. I read about the phone review and its super-machine compare to Galaxy note 10/10+
Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by Piloeternity(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
I hear

3 Likes

Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by Andywhty(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Piloeternity:
Wow!!! I'm getting this beast soon!

before nor be you. guy Oppo just from no were show up and wan com take over naija market. they sponsor BBN SHOW, now they coming with mad phones.
Re: Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s by bigboychukstar: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nice phone.

(1) (Reply)

How To Upgrade Your Tecno To Android 10 (secret Tips) / Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated / National Id: Fg Announces Final Deadline For Nin Registration, Blocking Of Sim..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.