Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} (858 Views)

The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) / Twist Of Fate. / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} by sochey(f): 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2019
Part 1(Fate)

They say the consequences of everyone action depends on the action been conducted, but I say ‘put a sock in it'

St James refer consequences as gender inequality. A situation whereby, the action been made is weighed by the gender of the accused. Females tend not to be judged more passive and cruel because of their weak nature. Males, serve till when they no longer need to the judged.

Now, the big question is: Was St James right?

Camera flashing,

Sharp lit bulb illuminated the whole room!

Dead silence!

‘Guilty or not guilty, St James?' The guffy old judge asked, drawing his spectacles over his nose. He waited patiently, probably counting to twenty in order to keep his impatience stable.

‘Not guilty! Your lordship'

Dead silence again!

The judge made a derisive noise at the back of his throat, drew the spectacles farther down his nose and spoke again.

‘Guilty or not guilty, St James?' he repeated, probably not so sure of what he heard.

‘Not guilty, your lordship!' I repeated, looking about the room for the fifth time in boredom. About five witnesses, my lawyer and some other pioneers of a court room. I diverted my gaze to my lawyer and he nodded solenmly.

Looking at the judge who felt exhausted by my lack of accepting my sins, I gave him a cool look.

‘N..ot.. Guilty?' he asked again. I looked him straight in the eye and repeated.

‘Not guilty, your lordship!'

The man swallowed and the witnesses shook their heads. I waited patiently, tapping on the wooden surface and trying so hard to calculate my anger.

‘This court proceedings shall be adjourned till on the twentieth, when the accused has admitted his crimes' The judge said, pity and confusion laced his eyebrows. A loud bang on a wooden surface and everyone stood up as the judge made his way out of the room.

I watched as he went away, burning holes into his back with my stare. When will he ever get the fact that I will never admit to anything. Admission is for the weak, and I am not a weakling!

Few minutes later, my lawyer came over to where I stood and we shook hands. He looked me in the eye and said,

‘Nice job James, very nice job'

I didn't need to answer, I just nodded while the policeman came and handcuffed me, dragging me away from the room.

...............................................................................................
Outside the building, cameras where clicking and reporters where all over the place like bees to the beehive. As the police dragged me off, the reporters scurried to ask questions.

‘Sir, St James. Why did you do it? Why didn't you plead guilty?' I ignored them and followed the policeman who was getting impatient due to the heated sun and noises of cameras.

‘Sir James, you are powerful and a very fearfully respected man in this country. Why then did you have to denial?'

‘Because, there are most things that needs not ‘sticking your noses' in' I said as I tried to jab the female reporter in the ribs but thought otherwise. She was a female after all, the weakling!

She stared at me with fear evident in her eyes. I looked at her sternly and she flinched, her knuckles turning white due to the harsh grip on the microphone.

~~~~~~~

Let's begin another epic journey into the world of crimes, power, fame and disaster....

I made a cover for this book but can't upload it here and I'm not too happy about that. Btw, I hope you enjoyed this part?

*Three days update*

Update after every three days wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 11, 2020
Sochey, goodevening!
How come you haven't updated this story? It's really nice. Not cliche cause the storyline seems original.
Re: Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} by sochey(f): 8:30pm On May 11, 2020
Dew04:
Sochey, goodevening!
How come you haven't updated this story? It's really nice. Not cliche cause the storyline seems original.

Good evening to you too dear,
The book was banned by Nairaland spam bot. I kind of uploaded three chapters but didn't see it so, I lost the mojo.. I might probably ask a friend of mine here to help me recover it back smiley
Re: Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 11, 2020
sochey:

Good evening to you too dear,
The book was banned by Nairaland spam bot. I kind of uploaded three chapters but didn't see it so, I lost the mojo.. I might probably ask a friend of mine here to help me recover it back smiley
aww... You could have reported it. The mods would have rectified it. It's really nice. I had clicked your profile just to read your stories grin

1 Like

Re: Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} by sochey(f): 8:55pm On May 11, 2020
Dew04:
aww... You could have reported it. The mods would have rectified it. It's really nice. I had clicked your profile just to read your stories grin

Thank you so much, I really appreciate kiss

I might ask for this book to be rectified but I will have to finish DEADLY MATRIMONY and PETALS OF ROSE cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Millions Of PLR Articles Resource For Your Books, Website And Blog / Two Worlds Meet At The Lagos Oriental Hotel. / Quarantine Diaries.!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.