Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt (281 Views)

LP Leaders Used By Ex-Generals To Topple Democracy - Soyinka / Inside PDP’s Early Plans To Topple APC In 2023 / Sowore, Nnamdi Kanu Plotted To Topple Buhari — SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2019
The Department of State Services (DSS) has challenged the Federal High Court order, allowing it to detain Mr Omoyele Sowore, Convener, #RevolutionNow protests, for 45 days against its request of 90 days pending investigation.
The DSS argued that its investigation so far revealed that “RevolutionNow” was allegedly a smokescreen for the actual intention of Sowore and his allies “to topple the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

The DSS said it was engaged in a painstaking investigation of activities of Sowore, the candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the last presidential election, in view of the quantum of evidence so far gathered and may return to court to seek an extension of the 45 days granted by the Abuja-based court to detain him.
The security agency made this known in a fresh document it filed at the Federal High Court on Monday in response to an application by Sowore.

In the counter-affidavit deposed to by Godwin Agbadua, an official of the DSS, it was stated that Sowore was arrested on reasonable suspicion of having committed a capital offence, upon his alleged involvement in terrorists’ activities. Read full article:https://damsinier..com/2019/08/sowore-45-days-detention-dss-challenges.html
Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53am On Aug 21, 2019
The DSS argued that its investigation so far revealed that “RevolutionNow” was allegedly a smokescreen for the actual intention of Sowore and his allies “to topple the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by Ed12(m): 6:21am On Aug 21, 2019
Leave sowore alone and inform your pay masters to step up their game..
Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by Flyingngel(m): 6:32am On Aug 21, 2019
I am afraid of the future of this country.
So DSS is telling us that they have discovered catches of weapons and ammunition and even unrepentant foot soldiers with well oiled connections with other countries.
DSS is something else meanwhile Buhariandhis cohorts protested during GEJ, no body imprisoned them.
My happiness is that they can only spent extra 4years.
Obj during his tenure did not want to listen to public opinion but today he is the one writing series of letters.
I even heard they are probing his 16billion dollars investment in the power sector.
Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by praise010(m): 6:47am On Aug 21, 2019
I wonder why our military apparatus aren't professional in their dealings. They are only interested in detaining people without any evidence.

In a sane clime, investigation is done atleast to a reasonable degree before detention while ours is a different ball game.

Even our Courts lacks the political will to curtail the excesses of these Agencies.

We don't have regards for human right in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2019
Flyingngel:
I am afraid of the future of this country.
So DSS is telling us that they have discovered catches of weapons and ammunition and even unrepentant foot soldiers with well oiled connections with other countries.
DSS is something else meanwhile Buhariandhis cohorts protested during GEJ, no body imprisoned them.
My happiness is that they can only spent extra 4years.
Obj during his tenure did not want to listen to public opinion but today he is the one writing series of letters.
I even heard they are probing his 16billion dollars investment in the power sector.

You are only concerned and afraid because it's happening to your own. But all these while it was happening to Nnamdi Kanu and Al Zahzaky, you never said anything.
Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by Flyingngel(m): 7:14am On Aug 21, 2019
jakezebrax post:

You are only concerned and afraid because it's happening to your own. But all these while it was happening to Nnamdi Kanu and Al Zahzaky, you never said anything.

Guy stop am if na play. Which one is my own?
Go through all my post you will see that i support what is right and stand against what is wrong be it by PDP or APC.
Besides why is it if you say a word, one is term a yoruba or igbo as if that is the only tribe on this platform.
FYI i am an Akwa Ibomite.
Etaha eyen isong.
Re: DSS Challenges Court Order, Insists Sowore Plotted To Topple Govt by Mynd44: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2019

(1)

Dr. Jumoke Oduwole Appointed S. A. To The President On Ease Of Doing Business / Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks, Gives Reason / (video)see Names Of The 80 Nigerians Involved In The Massive Busted Online Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.