Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer (22225 Views)

‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup / Anthony Joshua Speaks On Jarrell Miller's Failed Drug Tests / ‘Ewure Oshi’ - Anthony Joshua To Iphone 8 Owners ‘asking Him For Favors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by WNRblog: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2019

Anthony Joshua has blasted those calling for him to sack trainer Rob McCracken as “shallow and small-minded”.

The British heavyweight star plans to regain the IBF, WBA and WBO belts he shockingly lost to Andy Ruiz Jr later this year with the rematch set for December 7 in Saudi Arabia.

Critics questioned whether AJ should continue working with his coach McCracken after his seventh-round TKO defeat to the Mexican in June at Madison Square Gardens.

But when asked on Sky Sports’ Joshua said: "Whoever said that is a clown. Part ways with McCracken? No way. These people don't understand loyalty'.

“These people aren't cut from the same cloth, if that's what they are suggesting. Whoever has that mindset should not bother talking to me, if they have that mindset.

“How could they say that? I've worked with two people in boxing - Sean Murphy, my trainer [at Finchley amateur gym]. Then a year-and-a-half later I was up to Sheffield training with Rob McCracken.”

“They have built me, aside from boxing, as the man I am today. A father, a family man, a businessman who understands the responsibility of being a young African-British kid. They built that in me.

“You can't take that away. You can take the belts away - they will be gone when I retire. The man that they built? You can't take that away. The man that will help to inspire my kids and other kids? You can't take that away.

“I should never get rid of those types of people. Because I lost the belts I should get rid of the people that built me? No way. It's shallow-minded, small-minded.  “Mike Tyson could have lost to anyone but you can't get rid of [his trainer] Cus D'Amato. People do not truly understand what these people mean to your life.”

He added: “I want to make positive reinforcements and bring in new troops on the battlefield to combat this war.”

More ==>> https://www.042hits.com/anthony-joshua-speaks-on-people-asking-him-to-sack-his-trainer-ahead-of-andy-ruiz-rematch/

Cc

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by passyhansome(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2019
Flexibility + Follow-Through = Loyalty. unfortunately what is in there for me, self centered has made this generation lost it

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2019
Talk

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2019
They have built me, aside from boxing, as the man I am today. A father, a family man, a businessman who understands the responsibility of being a young African-British kid. They built that in me.
END OF DISCUSSION.

Shallow-minded souls will never mind their business.
They should go into the ring and fight pls!

Anthony carry go with your trainer abeg,
The positive souls are right there beside you cheering you on!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by Switruth: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2019
Joshua has a true heart and spirit.

23 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by Sleekfun: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2019
No worry ... Andy ma lu e bachu bachu ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by espn(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2019
Loyalty is EVERYTHING. Some people will stand by you when it is going good...and easily move on when it is going bad... Immediately you pick yourself up again...They will be back...

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by spirul77: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2019
loyal people are so rare to find these days, if you luckily find one, do everything to never let them go.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by FuckThaMod: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2019
[s]
post=81460607:

END OF DISCUSSION.

Shallow-minded souls will never mind their business.
They should go into the ring and fight pls!
[/s]
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by Spar7tan(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2019
You can contact me for any form of charm against Andy before December 7 eg. Aluwo, Anasare, okigbe, anadediopo etc grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by VillagePipu: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2019
Sleekfun:

Lupita ni.
Awon odale buruku.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by dangoteinlaw: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2019
What does it matter, u re getting beat up again lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by VillagePipu: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2019
Spar7tan:
You can contact me for any form of charm against Andy before December 7 eg. Aluwo, Anasare, okigbe, anadediopo etc grin cheesy

Na u supply those wey beat Asaremaduo (Ekweremadu), abi?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by Spar7tan(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2019
VillagePipu:

Na u supply those wey beat Asaremaduo (Ekweremadu), abi?
You too sabi. Shey your middle name na SABINUS

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by Lamasta(m): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2019
WNRblog:

Critics questioned whether AJ should continue working with his coach McCracken after his seventh-round TKO defeat to the Mexican in June at Madison Square Gardens.

But when asked on Sky Sports’ Joshua said: "Whoever said that is a clown. Part ways with McCracken? No way. These people don't understand loyalty'.

Savaged reply from the Joshua nigga grin

You can't throw away those who help built you up because of one disgraceful defeat
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by BlackfireX: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2019
Hire me or mannabbq to train you grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by GGirll: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2019
espn:
Loyalty is EVERYTHING. Some people will stand by you when it is going good...and easily move on when it is going bad... Immediately you pick yourself up again...They will be back...

You are so right like some chameleons that ran away from my life have started crawling back with phone calls n all.....I have a big shocking surprises for them lol

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by BlackfireX: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2019
Sleekfun:

Ahhhhhhhhh

*opens my mouth*
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by lexy2014: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2019
WNRblog:

Anthony Joshua has blasted those calling for him to sack trainer Rob McCracken as “shallow and small-minded”.

The British heavyweight star plans to regain the IBF, WBA and WBO belts he shockingly lost to Andy Ruiz Jr later this year with the rematch set for December 7 in Saudi Arabia.

He added: “I want to make positive reinforcements and bring in new troops on the battlefield to combat this war.”

More ==>> https://www.042hits.com/anthony-joshua-speaks-on-people-asking-him-to-sack-his-trainer-ahead-of-andy-ruiz-rematch/

Cc

He was speaking specifically to Lenox Lewis

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by MikeBcyberShot(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2019

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by Stephendeals: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2019
Nothing beats Loyalty

He can add other trainers to give insight to his weakness and how to harness his strength but should not dish his old and steadfast trainer who brought him to limelight.

Reason why most Nigerians bank on HP Products

I sell new HP laptops, Printers at affordable price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by money121(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2019
Okay
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by MobilityExpress: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2019
I agree with him, and I also agree with those who feel he should sack his trainer after his only loss to Andy the Destroyer. The 2 sides are correct. But the solution is in the middle. Don't sack your trainer, but bring in another trainer to complement him, another trainer that will teach you aggressive angry ferocious boxing styles, because that gentleman boxing will not work for Ruiz oh, that fat boy issa Mexican gangster with natural airbag protection all over his body grin. You need to get wild like Wilder if you're going to beat Ruiz and get your belts back.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer by wakes: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder / Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Puyol Arrives Nigeria Today On 3-day Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.