Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate (29621 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named Greatest African Goalkeeper Of All Time By IFFHS / Jadon Sancho Wins Goal.com NxGn World's Best Young Talent Award (Photos) / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Emmasnoop(m): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
Buhari
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by deltateam: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2019
West2019:
Obi Mikel

You say what?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by dyydxx: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
Eto
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by sssoulw(m): 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
No Doubt Jay Jay Okocha is a guru
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Faad77(m): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
Yaya Toure is the consistent and best of All
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Duru009(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Samuel Eto !!
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by beeniemccoy: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
why is Ahmed Musa even on that list?
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by toneroin1(m): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
1.Eto 2. Weah 3. Okocha
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by osazsky(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ayoslimzy:
I will go for sadio mane
for doing what been selfish or what,I dont get it.this is not abt liverpool grow up
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by osazsky(m): 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
West2019:
Obi Mikel
may Buhari lead u till enternity

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Icon79(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
It's very difficult to judge players from different eras so these types of debates are often fruitless but, if I were to judge, I will go with this top 10 plus goalkeeper:

1. George Weah - the only African player to win Ballon d'Or
2. Samuel Eto'o - I can accept him as the #1 as well
3. Abedi Pele
4. Didier Drogba
5. Roger Milla
6. Rabah Madjer
7. Jay Jay Okocha
8. Yaya Toure
9. Sadio Mane
10. Kanu Nwankwo
11. Thomas N’kono

O pari

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by ruggedtimi(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2019
george weah the only african to win World best player
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by chiboy1116: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jayslicky:
Based on raw talent it was jay jay okocha but based on success Samuel eto'o.
y'all should stop overrating okocha abeg , which one is based on talent again ? Okocha isn't a top 5 African player abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Adekaka12345: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Icon79:
It's very difficult to judge players from different eras so these types of debates are often fruitless but, if I were to judge, I will go with this top 10 plus goalkeeper:

1. George Weah - the only African player to win Ballon d'Or
2. Samuel Eto'o - I can accept him as the #1 as well
3. Abedi Pele
4. Didier Drogba
5. Roger Milla
6. Rabah Madjer
7. Jay Jay Okocha
8. Yaya Toure
9. Sadio Mane
10. Kanu Nwankwo
11. Thomas N’kono

O pari

Rigobert Song nko?
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by femi4: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2019
PapaAdanna:

How many matches did u watch him play live
You probably didn't meet Cabletel
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by enemmo(f): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
CsRockefeller:

You female?

Yes I am
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by BENEAMATA: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
gibzzhd:
indomine generation can be such an insult.hiw dear you mention dgroba in the same sentence as WEAH.
Weah > Eto >Yaya
DROGBA , WEAH . . . SAME SENTENCE . best believe !
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by 4labi: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
Yakubu Aiyegbeni grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by BENEAMATA: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
femi4:
You probably didn't meet Cabletel
" all the kids in da house say . . . CABLETEL ! all the homies in da house say . . . CABLETEL ! " Aaahh .
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by femi4: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2019
BENEAMATA:
" all the kids in da house say . . . CABLETEL ! all the homies in da house say . . . CABLETEL ! " Aaahh .
Don't mind the dstv generation jare

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Bethelseedlings: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
George opong Weah. Won
1 World footballer of the year
2. European footballer of the year
3. African footballer of the year
And currently now President of his country

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by garfield1: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2019
Bethelseedlings:
George opong Weah. Won
1 World footballer of the year
2. European footballer of the year
3. African footballer of the year
And currently now President of his country
Yes george weah

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Jokerman(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2019
Angelfrost:

There's a difference between individual award (subject under discourse) and team award (what you are on about).…

Are you saying Kanu is ahead of Okocha individual career-wise??!

Tell us what Okocha won individually that Kanu didn't win??
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Sunsets: 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
My brother no matter how many medals you hauled, one gold medal is more than 1000 silver and bronze medals put together. Eto'o won CAF footballer of the year and scored goals and played in top clubs; President Opong Weah trumps him with his World Footballer of the Year award. Lots of love for Eto'o but Weah has it.
b0rn2fuck:
Simply Etoo. He played at the top level club and consistently for many years. I think he is then highest goal scorer overall even in our so called caf Nation cup.. Won champion league back to back

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Chukwurah003: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abfinest007:
I will go for Musa bcuz he took him 90minutes to make Nigerians happy what buhari was unable to do for the past four years

You’re unhappy because your criminal party has no access to Nigeria’s treasury. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by kadiri3(m): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
Sirvingeo:
Definitely Eto of Cameroon . He was also very consistent and a humble player. Next is Didier Drogba of Ivory Coast.
DROGBA? NAWA FOR U OH
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by excel101(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
In terms of achievements both in club and national team, my greatest are;
1. Samuel Eto fils
2. Kanu Nwankwo
3. Didie Drogba
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by excel101(m): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
In terms of achievements both in club and national team, my greatest are;
1. Samuel Eto fils
2. Kanu Nwankwo
3. Didie Drogba
4. Yaya Toure
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by CsRockefeller(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
enemmo:

Yes I am
Your knowledge of football is vast, I'm impressed.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
If non of them ever won the Ballon d'or and also became a president then lets all stop this debate.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate by Amadaz(m): 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Whoever thinks it's not Jay Jay should watch Joseph yobo's testimonial game in 2016 and get back to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Strikes A Pose With His Kids (Photos) / I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi / Stephen Kiprotich Wins Lagos City Marathon 2018 (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.