Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Bank Robbery - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bank Robbery (361 Views)

The Great Train Robbery / My Bank Robbery Experience / The Bank Robbery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bank Robbery by TemmyT002(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kolapo stood on the queue, fuming. He had been standing on the queue for about an hour and he had not been attended to. He was even thinking of closing his account here and open another with another bank that has wonderful customer services. He had just recovered from an injury he got from a shootout he was involved in a month ago. The incident was still fresh in his mind. He was dressed in a polo shirt and jeans.

Three people behind Kolapo was Michael Makinwa aka The Gadgetman. He was normally a patient man but today, he was angry too. He had also spent one hour on the queue. He was dressed in his expensive suit as usual, and the glasses on his face was customized and could see past walls, snap pictures which could be saved on the 128Gb memory card installed in the glasses.

Both men were standing on a queue that was very close to the stairs that led to the first floor of the bank. Both men had problems with their ATM card and were there to resolve it. Both men also had a strong dislike for the bank. Although they had never met or spoken or chatted or communicated in any way, they both planned to close their accounts.

The inside of the bank was soundproofed so no one heard the commotion outside the bank until the automatic security doors exploded. It was a bank robbery. People screamed. While people were cowering on the floor, Kolapo and Michael seemed to have the same mind as they both ran up the stairs. Moments later, a lot of gunmen burst into the bank, faces covered with balaclavas.

When Kolapo and Michael got upstairs, they both spoke at the same time. “Hide somewhere!” They looked at each other. The bankers and customers upstairs ran away to hide.

“Who are you?” They both asked at the same time.

“I am Detective Kolapo,” Kolapo said.

“I am Michael Makinwa,” Michael said.

“Find somewhere to hide if you want to see your wife and kids again,” Kolapo said.

“I can take care of myself, thank you,” Michael said. “I have combat experience.”

“From where?”

“I got black belts in Karate and Aikido the last time I travelled to Japan.”

“Hmm, Baddo, that means you can beat me up abi?” Kolapo asked, impressed.

“Maybe, maybe not,” Michael said.

“Anyway, I am the law enforcement officer here. Follow my lead, okay?” Kolapo said.

“You are the boss.”

Just then, they heard gunshots downstairs. “Okay, this is what we are going to do,” Kolapo said. “I will guard this floor while you guard the upper floor.”

“Alright, “Michael said. “The vault is upstairs anyway.”

“How on earth would you know that?”

“I am the bank’s most important customer,” Michael said before rushing upstairs.

Kolapo shook his head and muttered. “All these rich kids.”

Two gunmen showed up at the top of the stairs and when they saw him, they pointed their guns at him and ordered him to lie down. Instead of doing as they asked, he ran towards them, dived with his two legs stretched out and crashed his boots into their faces. The two men flew down the stairs but one managed to drop his gun on the steps. Kolapo picked up the gun and ran back.

When Michael got to the second floor, he told the workers what was happening downstairs and advised them to hide. They quickly did so. The bank’s vault was located down the hall that led to another stairs where bank workers pass to carry large sums of money up the stairs.

Through his customized glasses, he saw three gunmen coming up the staff stairs. He brought out his pen and stood in front of the door. When the gunmen showed up, Michael pointed the pen at them. “Stop or I shoot,” he said.

The gunmen laughed. “You better lie down before we fire your head.”
“I warned you.” Michael pressed the cap of the pen and something gas-like drifted out of the pen to the men’s faces. They began to shake uncontrollably. They dropped their guns and began to walk like drunk men.

Michael slammed an aikido chop to one’s neck, kicked another on the side of the head, jumped, twisted in the air and smashed a kick to another’s face. The three men fell, unconscious.

Kolapo took a deep breath, ran to the steps and dived down as four gunmen fired at him. Their bullets flew under him as he targeted their hands with the gun in his hand. He landed in their midst and before they could make any move, he did a cartwheel away from them, turned towards them again began to kick them hard in the balls. The way he kicked them was as if he was kicking a punching bag. The four men dropped down.

The last gunman pointed a gun at him and was about to shoot when a female customer banged the gunman’s head with her handbag. The bag contained high-heeled shoes and creams. As the gunman’s head snapped forward, Kolapo rushed at him, grabbed the gun from his hands, put his head between his thighs and gave him a ‘Triple H’ Smackdown.

“The rest are upstairs in the vault,” a security guard said. Kolapo rushed upstairs to save Michael.

Michael pressed one of the buttons on his suit just as the three gunmen opened fire. The bullets went past him as if he were not there.

Just then, Kolapo ran inside and saw bullets dancing around Michael and Michael himself standing and making a call. His suit was shining.

“Wow,” Kolapo said. “I need that kind of bulletproof. These rich people are crazy o”

“Alright, boys, show’s over,” Michael said. He pressed another button and the bullets reversed their direction and smashed into the gunmen’s legs. They all fell screaming to the floor.

Later, the police arrested the gunmen who had participated in the bank robbery, but their driver managed to escape.

“How many men did you put down?” Michael asked Kolapo.

“Four. You?”

“Six,” Michael said proudly.

“You used ojoro,” Kolapo said. “Where did you get all those gadgets anyway?”

“I am a rich dude.”

“I need that bulletproof,” Kolapo said.

“I will get you one if we can be friends.”

Kolapo laughed. “Friends with a rich man like you? Dude, I have been your friend since we were born.”

The men exchanged numbers.

Source: https://opinionsandstories.com/the-bank-robbery/

(1) (Reply)

A Wizard And A Mouse / BROKEN (episode One) / Be My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.